Business Party- Part 1

Paradise? Yea..... NO

The next two days past by pretty quickly, it was now Thursday. EXO treated you the way Se Hun treated you; like family. Chen had even said that Se Hun’s family was their family, Se Hun’s sister, was their sister. It made you feel nice inside. You hadn’t exactly warmed up to them in 3 days, but you weren’t cold to them either. You weren’t the way you were with Se Hun, but you had known him for a week now (it felt more like months) and he understood you pretty well. You still weren’t talking much, but did show some emotion. You’d give small smiles sometimes.

“GAAAHHH!” Chanyeol groaned. “Business party is today!”

Everyone else’s faces became a little gloomy as well. It was that time in the morning, where you all would be hanging out in the caf.

“Is it really that bad?” you questioned, curious. Heejung had forced you to buy a dress the other day. It was purple with nice little black designs on it. Se Hun seemed to really like it, he said it made you look girly and cute.

“YES!” they all said.

“Well….. it’s not that bad.” Baekhyun confessed. “It just gets kind of tiring after a while, ya know? And then there are those boring political people talking to you about stuff you don’t care about and you have to listen and pretend to care.”

You nodded, not looking forward to it at all. You weren’t in the mood to go anywhere or do anything.

“I don’t wanna go… maybe I should pretend to get sick….” Chanyeol murmured to himself.

“Uh no.” Baekhyun said. “Why should all of us suffer while you get be at home pretending to be sick and drinking hot chicken soup?! You’re coming.”

Chanyeol pouted.

“I haven’t gone for the past 3 years.” Se Hun said cheerfully. “I was sick the first year, out of the country second year, and last year Heejung made me stay home.”

“Why’d she make you stay home?” you asked, furrowing your eyebrows.

“My dad couldn’t make it last year, so she made me stay home. She didn’t want to be embarrassed by being seen with me. She told appa I’d had a slight head cold and locked me in my room for the night.” He said it like he didn’t care, but you could read him now. And you knew it hurt.

“I hate wearing suits.” Xiumin grumbled. “They’re so annoying!”

“I know right.” Chen agreed.

Lay yawned and rubbed his eyes. He closed his eyes and put his head in his arms.

“Did you sleep last night? What’s wrong with you?” Kris asked, he noticed Lay’s weird behavior as soon as they had arrived at school.

“Uhhh.” Lay racked his brain for something to tell their attentive leader. “Not really…. I was up for a while doing homework.”

“Uhuh.” Kris said, raising an eyebrow.

“Yup, but I’ll be fine. I’ll just go to sleep when we get home, before the party.” Lay said.

“Mhmm.” Kris had noticed his weird behavior, but thought maybe Lay was getting stressed about school. I mean, they all were.

“Se Huuuun-” Kai called but was cut off by Baekhyun.

“NO! DO YOUR OWN WORK, KAI!”

Kai scowled.

“Does anyone have food?” Xiumin asked. You took out a brownie from your bag and gave it to him. His face brightened, “Thanks Haerin~! You’re the best sister ever!”

You smiled softly. *Sister….*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Waaah!” Se Hun was awed. “Noona looks great~!”

It was 6:00 and you and Se Hun were getting ready for the business party. You were in your dress and were nervously showing Se Hun. He hadn’t gotten dressed because he was too excited to see you in a dress.

“You sure?” you bit your lip, you felt so weird in the dress. It wasn’t what you normally wore.

Se Hun nodded eagerly. “You look good! Now I should go change as well! Stay here noona and do that make up stuff girls do.” He told you and went to his room through the ‘Room Transfer Door’ (that was what Se Hun called it)

You sighed and sat on your bed, hugging your knees. *I don’t want to go…* You didn’t want to put make up on, you weren’t a big fan. All you had put on was some lip gloss and eyeliner. You were still being quiet and keeping to yourself. You weren’t in any mood to go to a party.

“I’m reaaddyy~!” Se Hun announced as he went appeared in the RTD again. He looked dashing in his tuxedo and could have blown anyone away with that charming smile of his. “Soooo, how do I look? I feel so dorky in this thing.”

You gave him a small smile. “You look really good, Se Hun.” You assured him. “Couldn’t look any better~”

He smiled, happy at the compliment. But more happy that you had talked, and to make him feel good at that.

“Se Hun? Haerin? Are you guys ready? It’s almost time to go.” Mr. Oh called from downstairs.

“We better go.” Se Hun said, heading to the door. You puffed your cheeks and grabbed your bag, draping it over your shoulder. You put on a pair of black flats with a fancy little sparkly bow on them, and followed Se Hun.

Mr. Oh was standing there with a big smile on his face. He too was dressed in a suit with his hair sleekly combed back. Heejung was standing next to him wearing this, with a matching hand purse and a white shawl.

“Wahh,” he said proudly. “My son looks so handsome!”

Se Hun grinned.

“And you too Haerin~! My daughter looks beautiful.” Mr. Oh said kindly, with a twinkle in his eyes. You felt warm inside, it had been a long time since a fatherly person had told you that, or had that twinkle in his eye. The twinkle that said they were so happy to have a daughter in their life.

Heejung was standing there with a fake smile plastered on her face. “Yes, they look wonderful!”

You tried not to roll your eyes at her and Se Hun managed a weak smile.

“Well, let’s get going. It starts at 7.” Mr. Oh said, turning around and heading to the main doors. Heejung smirked, gave you both a disgusted face, and followed him.

Se Hun’s face became sad. You patted his back in a comforting way, telling him that you were with him.

Both of you went outside as well. Waiting for you, was a black, long limousine. Mr. Oh and Heejung were already inside. The driver opened the door for the both of you. It was quite spacious inside, you and Se Hun sat across from Mr. Oh and Heejung.

“We’re picking up Lu Han and his parents.” Mr. Oh said. “We’re family, so we should go together since we live close.”

You and Se Hun nodded and the limo started moving. Heejung was quietly staring out the window, while Mr. Oh was talking to you and Se Hun.

A couple minutes later, you all arrived at a biiig mansion. As big as the one you and Se Hun lived in. It was Lu Han’s house.

“I’ll call them.” Mr. Oh said, taking out his phone. He dialed a number and then told them to come out. A minute later, Lu Han and people who you assumed were his parents, came out from the doors. Lu Han looked just as good as Se Hun did in a tux. His parents were dressed appropriately and you could see the resemblance between Lu Han and his mother. Maybe a little too much resemblance.

The chauffeur opened the door and Lu Han was standing there with his parents behind him.

“Annyeong!” he said, bowing at Mr. Oh and Heejung and grinning at you and Se Hun. He made Se Hun scoot over and sat beside him. The limo could easily fit 10 people, so there was a lot of room. His parents were next and they climbed in as well. Lu Han’s mom sat one seat away from Lu Han and his dad sat across from his mom.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Se Hun bowed to his aunt and uncle.

You sat up and decided to greet them as well. “Annyeonghaseyo.” You bowed as much as you could in the limo with a seatbelt over you.

“Ah, so you’re Haerin.” Lu Han’s mom kindly smiled. “It’s nice to meet you, you can call me Ajumoni if you want.”

You nodded and gave what you hoped was a smile. You turned to his dad and bowed as well. He chuckled, “So your Heejung’s step daughter? Pleasure to meet you, child. You can call me Ajhussi.” He said nicely. You gave him a small smile as well. You hoped it wasn’t too obvious that you were literally forcing yourself to smile.

Lu Han’s parents seemed very nice and judging by their attitude towards, Heejung, they knew nothing about Heejung’s true side. I mean if they did, then Mrs. Xi (being Mr. Oh’s sister) would have told him right away. After all, what good sister would let her brother marry a gold digging witch?

But Lu Han knew, he was throwing her dirty looks when no one was looking. He leaned in and quietly whispered to the two of you, “Her dress makes her look like a frog whose legs have been chopped off. Wait….. a frog would look much better without its legs than her.”

You had to giggle a little at that. He had a point; she made the dress look horrible. Se Hun had to stuff his fist in his mouth to keep him from laughing out loud.

After 10 minutes, you all arrived at a grand banquet hall. There were bouquets at the entrance and limos could be seen pulling up at the front doors. Women and men dressed in their beautiful gowns and clean suits were heading into the main hall.

When the chauffeur pulled up, everyone piled out. You, Heejung, and Mrs. Xi flattened your dresses out while the men straightened their ties and tucked their shirts in properly.

You felt Heejung’s claws bury into your and Se Hun’s shoulder as you guys were entering the banquet hall. Lu Han and his family had already gone in, and Mr. Oh was greeting some people.

You both looked at her and she gave you a fierce look, “Don’t embarrass me in any way or else I will make sure you have nothing to eat for a month. Don’t come to our table, you nuisances are allowed to sit with your little friends. Just stay away from us as much as you can! I don’t want to be seen with you. It’s a disgrace to our family name, the two of you. Don’t come and besmirch our name with your presences.” She said in a disgusted manner, squeezing both of your shoulders.

“Don’t worry.” You said when you saw Se Hun wince. You took your index and thumb fingers and pried her hand off of your shoulder, as if it had the plague. “We don’t want to embarrass ourselves by being seen with you. It’s a disgrace to us by being seen with a woman in her 40’s who dresses like she’s a teen going to prom.” You sneered as you pushed her hand off of Se Hun’s shoulder.

Mr. Oh appeared and Heejung gave him an ‘angelic’ smile. “Let’s go in now.”

You stormed away and Se Hun followed you. Mr. Oh and Heejung were right behind you. Inside the hall, there were many people. They were all greeting each other and sitting at round tables that could fit around 15 people.

“You kids can go sit with your friends if you want.” Mr. Oh told you and Se Hun. “After the dinner and announcements is when you mingle with other companies alongside your family.”

You and Se Hun nodded and wandered away to find EXO.

“Noona, the ‘mingling with other companies’ part is very very very very boring.” Se Hun informed you. “But now, we can go through that together~! So it might not be so boring!”

You smiled weakly, feeling sick.

“Se Hun! ”

 “Haerin!”

“GUYS~! OVER HERE!”

You heard voices calling for you two. You looked ahead and saw EXO all gathered at one table. They were waving and calling for the two of you. All of them looked very good (two seperate words, two seperate pictures) in their suits and their hair was nicely done.

“Hi guyyys~!” they greeted.

“Hello~” Se Hun beamed and you nodded at them.

“Take a seat, and make yourselves comfortable. This is going to be a looong night.” Kai said, yawning and stretching. He slouched in his chair, letting his long legs go as far as they needed to.

Suho slapped his legs. “Straighten up! This is a business party not a lounge!”

Kai made a face and sat up straight, crossing his arms. Suho slapped his arms. “Don’t do that either! You’ll crease your suit!”

Kai mumbled things like ‘stupid’ and ‘who cares’ and ‘does it matter?’ under his breath. Kai sat straight up with his arms in his lap, he looked up at Suho who was standing and gave him a not-so-sweet smile. “May I sit like this, Instructor Suho?”

“No!” Suho slapped his legs again. “Don’t spread your legs out so much! You look like a rebelling rebel!”

Kai gave him the evil eye and put his legs closer together.

“AKH!” Xiumin groaned, pulling at his tie. “I hate this tie! It’s suffocating me!”

“….... That’s because you tied it too tight, you idiot hyung.” Baekhyun snorted. “Come here.” he pulled Xiumin by the tie closer to him.

“Wah! That hurt!” Xiumin said, rubbing his neck. Baekhyun ignored that and started fixing his tie. He loosened the tie and Xiumin let out a sigh of relief.

“Thanks Baek!” he grinned. Baekhyun nodded.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Chen asked Lay, who had abruptly sat down, clutching his head.

Kris, who had been watching, strode over.

“Lay, what’s wrong with you? Are you sure you’re okay?” Kris asked.

“I’m fine.” Lay breathed.

“No, he’s not.” Chen spoke up. “He’s been like that for so long.”

Lay shot him a look.

“Yah. If you weren’t feeling well why didn’t you say so?” Kris demanded. “Did you tell your mom? Has she taken you to a doctor?”

“I’m fine, it just that umma’s been really stressed. Plus her headaches are getting worse and worse. So I have to do some of the work, obviously. But if she finds out I have small, little, tiny, headaches that don’t even matter, she’ll do everything! I can’t let her do that, she’s already at her limit.” Lay mumbled.

“I could do some of the work.” Chen pointed out.

“You focus on school.” Lay snapped. Lay and Chen only had their mother, who owned their company. Their dad had died a couple of years ago, and ever since, Lay helped out a lot with the company. It was too much for his poor old mother to take care of a whole company. When he would become of age, the company would officially become his.

Chen sighed.

“If you aren’t feeling good, you shouldn’t be here.” Kris frowned. “And these ‘small, little, tiny, headaches that don’t even matter’ matter a lot. You could get really sick.”

“No, it’s okay. I’m fine. I just need some water.” Lay said. Kris sighed and went to fetch him a glass of water. It was no use, Lay was a mommy’s boy through and through. They both were actually, Lay and Chen. But Lay didn’t let Chen do any work with the company. Chen wanted to do something in the sciences, so he should stick with that and not get involved with the company too much and stress himself out.

“Kyungsooooo.” Tao said excitedly. “Look! That lady’s bag is so nice!” he pointed at some random lady’s Gucci bag.

“Uhhh… yeah.” D.O said, with an O_O face.

“Let’s go ask her where she got it from!” he said, walking towards her.

“NO!” D.O grabbed his arm. “You weirdo! You don’t even know her! Just sit here and…… make sure these glasses are clean. Gotta make sure these people give us nice clean glasses. Hygiene ya know.” D.O forced him to sit down and gave him a glass from the table.

You were sitting with Se Hun, and he was telling you things about the business party.

“-And some years, the food tastes really bad. Those times are the worst.” He told you with a sad face.

“Attention! We are ready to begin!” the announcer said. Everyone immediately started moving and sitting down in their seats.

After that, you witnessed the most unique party you’d ever been to. One you’d never be able to forget……

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLOOO~!

It's been a while, eh? Hehe, but here's a loong chapter!

Kinda boring.........

It's not THAT boring....

Okay, I'll shut up about that

I noticed that there is no 'evil' person in my fic...

Other than Heejung.. but I mean like a mean young person, so like a rival group

Everyone is really nice~ (except Heejung)

That's okayyy~~~~ We don't need more 'drama'

Awww poor Lay :(

And AKSH KFDASDCN I love those pictures of EXO =DDD

Okay, BYEBYEEE~!

Commentcommentcomment~