Money

Paradise? Yea..... NO

You sat, teary-eyed, in front of the plastic, transparent wall that separated you from the person who killed your brother. Police officers were everywhere, to your left, right, front, and back.

“Why?” You whispered.

“They haven't told you?” Heejung snorted, there was a crazy look in her eyes. A look you had failed to notice before all of this happened.

“I want to know from you.” You said, not daring to look this monster in the eyes.

“He turned 18 this year, he would be allowed to own some of the company. I couldn't let that happen.” She said bluntly. This woman was crazy; it was amazing what money could do to some people.

“So, for money?” You asked, finally looking at her. “My brother died, you killed him, for money? He’s dead because of money?!”

“Well, I didn't do it for anyone else.” She rolled her eyes. Tears streamed down your face, you couldn't believe it. Heejung was evil, you knew that, but you didn't think she'd pay a gang to kill your brother. It was simple, she had paid a vicious gang to kill Hoya so that he couldn't get any part of the company that rightfully belonged to him. The police had found her in Japan, she was working with people there to overtake another business somewhere else.

And why? For something as mere as money?

At school, Detective Myunseok had told you and Se Hun that Heejung had done it. Mr. Oh was currently on his way home and Se Hun was with the policemen in the back. You had already been questioned and Se Hun and Mr. Oh would be too. A trial date was going to be decided soon as well.

“You're disgusting.” You spat as you stood up and walked away.

Se Hun stopped you before you could leave. He put an arm around you, “Noona, it's okay.” He rubbed your arm.

“I-I can't believe it.” You sobbed into him. You couldn’t believe your brother had to die because of money.

Se Hun didn't know what to say either, he was frightened. He'd been living with a killer for 2 years.

“Se Hun! Haerin!” Mr. Oh walked in with policemen behind him.

He looked worried and hugged both of you at the same time.

You wiped your tears and looked up at him, his face was full of distraught and the feeling of betrayal.

“Where is she?” He asked in a hoarse voice. You pointed to the back, the policemen had taken her to her cell again.

“Appa.” Se Hun said worriedly.

“I can't believe she- she-” Mr. Oh was so upset that he couldn't even finish his sentence.

“Excuse me, but may we speak to Oh Se Hun please?” A police officer asked.

Se Hun nodded and followed him.

“Who knew how much she loved money.” Mr. Oh whispered, sitting down.

“Actually, um, abeonim.” You sat down beside him. “She always did, she married my dad for money and when he died she just took his company. She was horrible to me and my brother, verbally and sometimes physically. That's why we left. And uh,” you looked at him. “She only married you to save my dad's company from bankruptcy.”

Mr. Oh closed his eyes, “I know.” He said sadly. He opened them again, “..... Was she horrible to Se Hun and you too?”

You nodded.

Mr. Oh looked so troubled, “I can't believe this, I let myself be deceived again. And Se Hun..... He must have been so hurt. I'm such a terrible father, leaving for business trips all the time and then leaving him with a horrible mother.”

“Abeonim, don't say that.” You said sympathetically. “Se Hun loves you a lot and he couldn't have asked for a better dad.”

“Has she ever done something to him?” He asked.

You sighed, “Well, Se Hun once told me something about a vase she dropped on him. And she didn't really care when he sprained his wrist. To be honest, I think she just really hurt him emotionally.”

“I thought he was happy.” Mr. Oh whispered. “After his real mother ran away, I thought he was happy with Heejung. Like he finally felt like he had a mother. I was so so wrong.”

You hadn't originally planned on telling Mr. Oh all that, but he had to know. Enough was enough.

“He didn't want to hurt you either.” You said quietly. “But she's out of your lives now...... Right?”

“Of course.” Mr. Oh straightened up and you smiled a bit.

Se Hun returned and Mr. Oh looked at him. But before any words could be exchanged an officer called, “Oh Dong Su, we need to speak with you now please.”

Mr. Oh quietly stood up and left and Se Hun took his seat.

“I told him the stuff you told me.” You admitted. “With Heejung and everything.”

He shrugged, “He was going to find out one day or another.”

Then he brightened, “Appa will divorce her now, right?! Yes! And she's going to jail! One officer told me that when she gets out she'll be taken to a rehabilitation centre. They said she's crazy for money, and that she could do worse if she continues with this obsession.”

“Really?” Your eyes widened.

He nodded and then shrugged, “But it'll all be decided after the trial.”

You nodded. Well, Heejung was finally getting what she deserved.

But what would happen to you? Mr. Oh wasn't legally required to take you in, and why would he anyways?

You had no idea what would happen to you now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was the day after you, Se Hun and Mr. Oh had been called to the police station.

You were in your room, talking to Infinite on the phone. They were also mad that their close friend was dead because of that and you had to convince them not to come here on a rampage.

Mr. Oh was in the living room, with his head in his hands. Se Hun entered the living room and stood in the doorway.

“Appa.” He called. “Are you okay?”

He looked up and nodded, “I am now. Thanks, son.”

Se Hun smiled.

“I’m sorry, Se Hun. I’m sorry for being such a disappointing father.” He looked down. “How could I not know how she treated you? What kind of a father doesn’t know what goes on in his own house? I’m such a disappointing father, I’m so sorry.”

Se Hun shook his head, “You aren’t! I mean with the company and all, you’ve raised me pretty well. I couldn’t really have asked for a better father. About Heejung…… I don’t really care anymore. She’s out of our lives now, right? So let’s just forget about everything, okay?”

Mr. Oh smiled, “Okay.” He stood up and gave his son a hug. Se Hun smiled tearfully and returned it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trial was scheduled a week later. You were dressed in dark colours and Mr. Oh and Se Hun were seated to your left. Heejung was across the room with her lawyer. It was almost the end of the long trial that felt like it had been going on forever.

The judge spoke, “Kim Heejung, you will be sentenced to 15 years in prison for being in charge of the murder of Lee Howon, 17. After that, you will be taken to a rehabilitation centre in the United States of America until that time when we believe you are mentally stable to leave.” He knocked on the block of wood with his gavel and dismissed the court. The gang that had killed Hoya had also been arrested, but their sentence was 2 years less.

You stood up and saw Heejung screaming, “But my company! My company! You can't take all my hard work away from me!”

“Crazy lady.” Se Hun muttered. Mr. Oh was obviously divorcing Heejung and it would just be him and Se Hun again. At least they would have a happy ending.

“Haerin-ssi, I need to speak with you.” Detective Myunseok said as everyone started to leave the courthouse.

You waved to Se Hun before following the detective. For the past couple of days, you'd been sleeping at Se Hun's house and didn't go to school because the law office had to talk to you, Se Hun, and Mr. Oh continuously.

Mr. Oh and Se Hun both waited for you a couple of feet away. Se Hun inched closer to hear the conversation.

“Heejung is no longer eligible to take care of a child.” He started. “And well, she's in jail so she can't. Plus, she’s classified by the law as not mentally stable.”

“So what's going to happen to me?” You asked bluntly, not in the mood to hear him beat around the bush.

“Well, an orphanage would look like an option now.” He answered, crossing his arms.

You froze, *An orphanage?*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helloooo, short short chapter but I had to add it in there.

I hope this wasn't too rushed T_T I wasn't really sure what to do about all this legal stuff.

Well the point of this chapter was to really say Heejung is gone now. I guess that's gotten across, right?

Sigh sigh sigh

And LOL your comments made me laugh xD

Tomorrow's Monday.... I really don't want to go to school. Soobbbbbbb

Well bye~!

Comment~! :D