Business Party- Part 4

Paradise? Yea..... NO

Suho’s eyes widened but other than that, he showed no reaction. He blinked and then nodded. “O-Ohh I see. Do you have a picture of him? Can I see? If you don’t mind….”

You shrugged and opened your purse. You took out your wallet and took out a picture of you and Hoya smiling at the camera. Hoya’s face was right next to yours and the both of you looked very alike.

You passed the picture to Suho. Suho took it with shaky hands and looked at it. His stomach churned as the truth unfolded itself. “A-And he is…. dead?”

You looked down and nodded.

Suho closed his eyes and gave the picture back to you. You put it in your wallet and put your wallet away.

Suho didn’t know what to feel. Hoya was… dead. His employee and good friend was dead! Was he supposed to burst into tears? Because right now, he felt really sad. He had prepared himself for this, he had had a hunch. But now that he knew for a fact that Hoya was dead…..  Maybe there had been one part of him that said it was all just a coincidence.

“I-I’m uh, going to the bathroom.” Suho said, looking down. He got out of his seat and went to the men’s room. Suho splashed his face with water. He stared at his pale self in the mirror. *So, Hoya’s….. not here. Do I tell Haerin about his job? I should… who else am I going to give his last paycheck to?* Hoya’s first paycheck was ready and Suho had tried mailing it, but no one lived in that address anymore. Suho had been puzzled, but now he understood why that address was invalid. *But Hoya told me not to tell her about his job at BTD…… But he’s dead now, so does it still count? I have to tell her…..* Suho thought sadly. *Is Hoya really dead?* It still hadn’t completely sunk in. Hoya had been a very good friend and employee. The thought that someone as young and good as Hoya was gone, it was unfair. It was unfair to him, to you, and to the world.

Suho sighed and dried his face. He turned around and found himself face-to-face with Kris.

“Whoah!” Suho held his chest. “You scared me!”

Kris didn’t respond to that and leaned against the counter of the washroom. “You okay?”

Suho nodded. “Fine.” His voice came out strangely high-pitched. He tried to walk past Kris, but Kris blocked his path.

“Are you sure?” Kris asked again.

“Yes.”

Kris smirked. “Don’t lie to me, Joonmyeon.”

“I told you, I’m fine-” Suho said, trying to walk past him again. But Kris was much taller and blocked his path again, causing Suho to crash into him. Suho stumbled back and when he looked up Kris was standing in the same position; arms crossed and feet firmly on the ground, not having moved an inch after the collision.

“Really? You’re fine. If you were fine, then why did you turn pale when Haerin told you her brother’s name? And when she showed you that picture? If you were okay, then why were you stuttering and acting all nervous?” Kris questioned.

Suho scowled *Stupid observant leader that has to meddle in everything and make sure everyone’s okay. Why can’t he worry about himself for once instead. And why does he notice everything. He’s so observant-*

“You can think bad stuff about me later.” Kris said lazily, while flinging dust off of his jacket. “Right now, you can tell me why you’re all tense.”

Suho sighed and moved back.

“You know the employee I was talking about? The one that hasn’t shown up to work for almost 2 weeks?” he asked, deciding he would only tell Kris for now.

“Yeah.” Kris nodded.

“He waited our table once, the first time we all went to BTD.” Suho told him.

“Ohh, him. The young one?” Kris asked.

“Yeah. Anyways, he told me his sister didn’t know about this job. That it was his second job, and he was doing it in secret because they were having troubles. He didn’t tell her because she wouldn’t let him keep the job or get a second one. He said that if she knew she would then get a job, and he didn’t want that.” Suho explained, telling Kris everything. “So yeah, he didn’t show up for a while and I called him but his phone wasn’t in service.  And I was worried but I decided not to do anything until later just in case I was worrying for nothing.” he blabbered. “Then I see Hoya’s emergency contact is his sister, whose name is Lee Haerin. Then I keep telling myself that it’s a coincidence. That there are lots of Lee Haerin’s in the world, other than Se Hun’s noona. But then I hear about Haerin having a dead older brother and I couldn’t help but notice how they look so much alike. So I have these weird thoughts that Hoya might’ve been Haerin’s brother. I’ve been suspecting it for a while, but I didn’t want to believe it. Cuz that would mean he’s dead.  And now I asked Haerin about him and asked for her to show me his picture and now my suspicions have been confirmed. And Hoya’s dead now so I don’t know what to do.” Suho finished his blabbering and looked at Kris.

“Suho-”

“He told me not to tell her about his job but now he’s dead, who do I give the paycheck to? And more importantly-”

“Suho-”

 "I should go pay my respects to him! But I can’t do that unless I tell Haerin I know Hoya and then she’ll ask how I know him and then I have to give him away. But-”

“Suho-”

 "I should still tell her, right? She deserves to know! Especially now that he’s dead-”

“SUHO!” Kris yelled. Good thing no one was in the bathroom or they would have thought Suho belonged in a mental institution because of his continuous rants.

“Close your mouth and just take a breath for a moment.” Kris instructed. Suho did as told and took deep breaths.

“Good. Now, are you going to tell her?” he asked.

“I don’t know. What should I do?” Suho looked at Kris miserably. Kris felt for him, Hoya had been a very nice friend to Suho from what Kris had heard. Suho would bring his homework to BTD sometimes and since Hoya was very good at math, he would help him out. He would also help Suho out when he was stressed about doing his father’s paper work. And it was a shame really, that a young person like Hoya was dead.

“You have to tell her.” Kris stated, Suho looked at him exasperatedly. “You can’t just keep it from her. You should tell her, don’t tell her today. But soon.”

“But she’s already overcoming the fact that he’s dead. Now I bring her back down into her darkness by telling her that her brother had worked his off for the last weeks that he was alive?” Suho said in an unbelievable voice.

“Would you rather bring her down into her darkness when she’s not too far from it? Or when she’s back on her feet, in which case she would go tumbling back down again?” Kris questioned.

Suho’s shoulders slumped, he had a point. They had only known you for about a week and a half. But they already felt obliged to take care of you. Maybe it was because you were Se Hun’s stepsister and since Se Hun cared for you a lot, they had to as well.

“I’ll tell her.” Suho mumbled. “But not all at once, I’ll take it slow. First I’ll tell her about BTD and then go from there.”

Kris patted his back. “You’re doing the right thing. From what I’ve seen so far, Haerin wouldn’t want this kept from her. She would be upset if you didn’t tell her.” Kris didn’t show it, he hadn’t even had a conversation with you yet, but he cared for you. Kris didn’t get so close with people fast, it took years of friendship to become one of Kris’ loved ones. But you just reminded him of his little sister so much. Kris had had a little sister, but she was dead. She had had leukemia, and died 5 years ago. Kris had been affected by it greatly, he was so devastated. He and his sister had been close. Kris had been the overly protective and caring brother and Min had been the happy, cheerful little sister.

Suho puffed his cheeks and nodded. “Let’s go before-”

“HYUNG!” a voice said from outside the bathroom. In came a furious Chanyeol.

“HYUNG! KAI THREW SPAGGEHTI AT ME! GO SCOLD HIM!” Chanyeol had spaghetti on the side of his face as well as the neck of his suit.

*I knew I shouldn’t have left them alone.* Kris thought as he sighed.

Suho’s eyes widened and he immediately began freaking out “HE RUINED YOUR SUIT! O.M.G. KAI!” he stormed out of the washroom, putting the Hoya-You thoughts in the back of his mind.

“Come here, you idiot.” Kris said, gesturing for him to come to the sink. “What did you do to piss Kai off?”

“Nothing!”

Kris raised a brow.

“Except spill water on his hair.” Chanyeol looked down.

Kris shook his head and helped Chanyeol clean his suit.

Over in the hall, Suho was throwing a fit.

“HOW COULD YOU?! THAT WAS AN EXPENSIVE SUIT! HE ONLY WORE IT ONCE AND IT’S ALREADY DIRTY!”

Kai flinched as Suho yelled at him.

“Well, he threw water at me!” Kai yelled back.

“What?!” Suho spun around as Chanyeol and Kris returned to their table. Kris just sat down and took a sip of his water.  

“Why’d you throw water at him?!” Suho asked Chanyeol.

“Cuz he said that I didn’t know what exquisite means! But I do!” Chanyeol defended.

“Only cuz you said the only books I can read are books like ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’!” Kai shot back.

“Cuz it’s true!”

Kai shoved Chanyeol. Chanyeol shoved Kai. Kai shoved Chanyeol again. Chanyeol shoved Kai again.

“How dare you!”

“How dare I what? It’s not my fault you don’t know what exquisite means!”

“Urgh! You’re so annoying!”

“Hyung! He’s bullying his dongsaeng!” Kai cried as he hid behind Suho. Suho stepped to the side and sat down in his seat. “You guys started this little dispute, I did my portion of the yelling, now it’s your guys’ problem.”

Kai and Chanyeol continued to shove each other while the rest of you continued eating your food.

You didn’t eat it, you’d move it to one side and then move it to another. Sometimes you’d create patterns in the food.

You looked at all of them and wondered how long it would be until you would be smiling and laughing like that. Until you would be comfortable and close with them (with the exception of Se Hun, who you were already close with) since you were going to be with them for quite a while.

Who knew that you wouldn’t smile and laugh like that for a looong time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all~!

I'm sorry I didn't update on the weekend like I said so...... my cold didn't go away -_-

But I feel better now and wanted to write~!

I didn't feel like writing for the past few days...... the words just didn't come to me

Anywaayysss, I feel energized again so hopefully I'll update this weekend.

Yesterday, I really disliked this fic.... I dunno why

Did you guys know that Kris has a torn, worn out black bag.

This one ^

It was given to him by his Dad

It was the last birthday present given to him by his Dad

.........I wonder what that means.......

Such a loyal son! ~wipes tears~

Okay, going now~!

Dont forget to comment!

BYEBYEEE :D