Paradise?

Paradise? Yea..... NO

You followed Se Hun into the school for a Night of Celebration, it would start at 7:30.

You handed the woman at the front your ticket and Se Hun did the same.

“Enjoy the night!” She smiled cheerfully. You returned the smile and Se Hun followed you into the auditorium.

“Haerin! Se Hun!” Chanyeol yelled loudly, motioning both of you to join the rest of them. They were in the third row from the stage.

Se Hun sat down beside Lu Han, you sat down beside him, and beside you was Chanyeol.

“When's it going to start?” Se Hun whined.

“You haven't even been waiting for 2 minutes.” Lu Han rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, but I've been waiting and that's really hard for me to do!” Se Hun said.

“Why are we sitting right at the front?” You asked.

“You'll see.” Kai secretly smiled.

Chanyeol took your bag and started looking through it.

“You have any candy?” He asked, digging through your bag.

He found a piece gum and began chewing loudly.

“Chanyeol.” Kris glared at him from beside him. “Stop chewing like a donkey.”

You burst out laughing.

“Hey!” Chanyeol looked at you. “He's being mean to me!”

You shrugged and laughed again, “It's true.”

“Bullies.” Chanyeol muttered while you and Kris exchanged a high-five.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed and the two MC's appeared on the stage.

“Hey Kai, you didn't get rid of the original mc's and get new ones for this too, did you?” Baekhyun snorted.

Kai grinned, “Nope.”

The MC's, Aera and Zelo, introduced the event and soon the performances exploring different genres of music began.

You and EXO clapped loudly for the amazing ones and awkwardly clapped for the y ones. But they were all pretty good and kept everyone entertained for the hour.

“Jihyun noona!” Kai cheered when it was his sister's group's turn. “They saved the best for last!” It was really cute seeing him let his 'cool' guard down to cheer for his sister.

“And our last student performance is a modern hip-hop group. Let's give it up for Kim Soojung, Shin Yoomi, Kim Jihyun-”

EXO began cheering really loudly and everyone stared at your row. You bent down and pretended to be fixing your shoes, embarrassed at their behavior.

“Er yes, and Lee Ara!” Zelo continued and clapped. This time you joined in and EXO -obviously- did as well.

The lights centered on the stage and Jihyun's group started their dance. Jihyun was really talented, just like the rest of the students from her university that had performed.

When they finished, everyone clapped and cheered really loudly, especially you and EXO. Dancing was part of Jihyun and Kai's genes, they were both amazing.

“Now, we have a special surprise for you.” Aera said when Jihyun's group got off stage and the curtains closed. “The reason this event was so early in the year is because we booked a special surprise for everyone!”

“That's right.” Zelo continued. “Let's give a warm welcome to one of the shiniest groups in the kpop industry, SHINEE!” Zelo took a moment to laugh at his little joke.

The curtains opened and there they stood, shining even when the lights were dimmed.

Your mouth dropped open and 12 eyes looked at you to see your reaction.

'Dream Girl' began to play and that was when the auditorium realized Shinee was in the room. The fangirls screams could probably be heard on mars.

You were so surprised that Shinee was in the same room as you. Shinee! And they were only two rows away from you!

You weren't going to scream, you found it odd to scream like a crazy idiot for a bunch of guys. But you were definitely excited to see a live Shinee performance.

You watched in awe as Taemin began singing. Your heart jumped and you were dying inside.

When it was time for his long note, your expression was uncontrollable.

“Close your mouth, noona. I don't think Taemin hyung would find that drool attractive.” Se Hun whispered.

You gasped in surprise and your hand flew to your mouth. Se Hun snorted and started snickering.

“Yah.” You slapped his shoulder as Shinee concluded 'Dream Girl' and started 'Lucifer'. You clapped loudly and enthusiastically as they started performing it.

When they finished, you clapped loudly again.

“Annyegonhaseyo, we're the shining Shinee!” They did their famous greeting.

“We are very happy to be here and are thrilled that we have so many fans at an event they didn’t know we were coming to.” Jonghyun smiled and the girls screamed.

“Yes, thank you for all your support! We love all our fans!” Onew smiled and made a heart.

“Saranghae!” Key and Minho made a heart together.

“Thank you very much! We enjoyed performing here. I hope the rest of this event is fun for everyone!” Taemin smiled.

They bowed once again and more screams filled the room. Se Hun clamped his hands over his ears, “Fangirls.... Mental, I tell you.”

They waved happily as they exited the stage.

“Okay, now everyone is free to walk around the school and taste all the food the culinary arts students made!” Aera said when everyone calmed down. “Plates and forks are outside.”

You and EXO piled out of the auditorium.

“Wow, that was a-mazing! I can’t believe Shinee performed at our school!” you said happily, walking to the food area with Chanyeol.

“Wait, follow me.” Kai said, leading all of you to the back of the auditorium.

“Where are we going?” You asked. “I'm hungry! I want food!”

“Just go in.” Kai pushed you into the backstage room.

“Hey, hyungs.” Kai nodded casually at Shinee. Your jaw dropped, Shinee was right in front of you.

“Yah, Jongin.” Taemin said, walking over. Se Hun and the rest of EXO walked in as well, saying hi to Shinee. “Thanks for the good luck before the performance.” He stuck his tongue out.

Kai shrugged, “Hey, I didn't. But I'm sure she would have.” He pushed you forward but you stumbled back again.

Taemin looked and you and smiled, “Hello!”

“Noona's your biggest fan.” Kai revealed. You sent him a look.

“He's right!” Se Hun chimed.

“A pretty fan!” Key smiled.

“A young fan.” Minho said pointedly to Key. “Know your limits, dude.”   

“Hey, is there chicken out there?” Onew blinked. Then he smiled, “I’m Onew by the way.”

*And who doesn’t know that?!* you mentally shrieked.

“Introduce yourself, noona.” Se Hun nudged you.

You bit your lip and awkwardly bowed, “Annyeong, I’m Lee Haerin.” You paused and then blurted, “I really like your music and think you guys are very talented.”

Jonghyun smiled, “Awwww, she’s so cute!”

“She’s my sister.” Se Hun smiled, squinting his eyes at him.

“Oh, Se Hun-ah's learning to be a man!” Jonghyun grinned.

“What are you talking about? I was always a man!” Se Hun huffed.

“Hello, Haerin. I'm Taemin, it's nice to meet a normal and not deranged teenage fan.” Taemin held a hand out, smiling.

You tried not to shake too much as you shook Taemin's hand.

"Did you like our performance today?" he asked you.

You nodded, "It was really good." you smiled. "Did you like it?"

He shrugged, "There are always flaws that we try hard to fix."

“Boys! Hurry up! We have to leave!” Their manager yelled.

“Aw, we don't get to stay and eat?” Onew pouted.

“You think they'd let us leave empty handed?” Key snorted as student council members brought food samples for Shinee.

Onew's eyes sparkled, “Food! Yay! Thank you!”

“Kay, take it to the car.” The manager told his assistant.

“Aw.” Taemin said sadly. “I hope I see you again soon!” He smiled at you. “Jongin, bring Haerin along the next time you decide to bother me. It's been a while since I've made friends with a normal fan.”

You smiled widely, Taemin was so nice and amazing!

“Let's go before manager hyung blows up.” Minho said. “Bye.” He smiled at you, ruffled the EXO boys hair and left with Key and Jonghyun who also bid farewell.

“Bye, thanks!” Onew waved and went through the back door.

“Goodbye.” Taemin smiled and waved at you once more before jogging out of the room with his hyungs.

“Is your life complete?” Lu Han asked in your ear.

After a while you jumped up, “YES!” You squealed.

“Okay okay, let's go eat now.” Chanyeol said, rubbing his tummy.

You were still dazed from that meeting as Se Hun dragged you to the halls to get food from the food stalls.

“Noona!” EXO chorused as they found Jihyun at the China stall.

“Hey, guys!” She smiled.

“You were great!” Chanyeol said.

“You stole the show!” Se Hun agreed.

“Amazing!” Tao clapped.

“You were really good. Great job, I really liked it.” You smiled when you broke out of your trance.

“Thanks.” Jihyun said, pleased that everyone enjoyed the shows. “How did you like the other performers?”

“Haerin especially liked one.” Chen said slyly.

Jihyun grinned as she nudged you, “Ehhh.”

You grinned as well, “I met them!”

“I know.” She chuckled.

“Did you guys meet them?” Baekhyun asked.

She nodded, “They were hanging out backstage during the performances.”

“Ohhh.” He nodded.

“Let’s go eat food!” Se Hun cheered.

“Oh, Haerin. Come with me, I have some artists I want you to meet.” Jihyun said, taking you away from EXO.

“Meet us at Thailand!” Chanyeol called.

Jihyun introduced you to some talented artists from her university.  She told them that you were a talented artist and they said they would love to see your artwork.

“Let’s go find them.” Jihyun said when you said bye to the artists. “I hope they didn’t eat everything in Thailand.”

“Yeah.” You agreed.

Both of you walked to the Thailand stall and found Chanyeol, Se Hun, Lay, and Kris there.

“Noona, try the rice noodles!” Se Hun handed you a plate.

You smiled and took a bite, it was really good. After that, EXO, you and Jihyun, went around and tried all the food from the other stalls.

“OMG FORTUNE COOKIES!” Se Hun ran to the fortune cookie table and grabbed one. EXO followed and took one each as well.

“How the heck do you open this thing?!” Se Hun fumbled with the wrapper. He ripped it open and his cookie fell on the floor.

His face fell, “AW!” he picked the pieces up and read the fortune.

You will face bad luck in the near future.

He crumpled it, “I already have! That one doesn’t count! I didn’t eat the cookie!” he went back and snuck another one.

“I’ll open it.” You took it from him and opened it.

Se Hun stuffed it in his mouth before he could drop it when you  handed it to him.

“Se Hun,” Kris said. “you’re supposed to take the fortune out before you eat it.”

Se Hun blinked, “Oh yeah.” He said in a muffled voice.

He stuck his hand in his mouth and took the spit covered fortune out.

“EW! YOU NASTY!” you wrinkled your nose and Lu Han shook his head.

You will find success in your job.

“I don’t even have a job!” Se Hun said, cookie pieces flying out of his mouth.

“Se Hun, shut up.” Kris said.

“Stupid, inaccurate fortune.” Se Hun mumbled as he finished the cookie.

“Let’s go to Japan.” Lu Han patted his back and everyone followed.

The night flew by and at 9:30 you and Se Hun said good night to everyone and headed home. Se Hun was getting sleepy.

“That was fun.” Se Hun said as they got home.

You nodded in agreement as you opened the door.

“Let’s go tell abeonim that we’re home.” You said, taking your shoes and coat off.

Se Hun bound up the stairs and you followed him to Mr. Oh’s study.

“Appa! We’re home!” Se Hun announced as he entered. You walked in behind him.

Mr. Oh smiled and took his glasses off, “How was it? Did you have fun?”

“We met Shinee!” you jumped up and down.

“I can’t believe Taemin hyung thinks your normal.” Se Hun shook his head.

“Ohh, the girly group?”

You stopped jumping and looked at Mr. Oh.

“I mean, uh,” Mr. Oh cleared his throat. “the talented, shining, dancing group.”

“Much better.” You nodded. “It was the best!”

“The food was good.” Se Hun grinned.

“Well, I’m glad you had fun.” Mr. Oh smiled.

“I’m going to sleep now.” Se Hun yawned. “Good night!”

“Me too, good night.” You said as Se Hun opened the door.

“Okay, sleep well.” Mr. Oh waved as both of you left.

“I’m too lazy to change.” Se Hun said, entering his room. “’Night, noona!”

“Good night.” You said as you went into your room.

Suddenly, your phone started ringing and you picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Haerin! Long time no talk!” L exclaimed.

“Hi, oppa.” You smiled even though he couldn’t see it.

“So, how was that thing you went to today?” he asked.

“Fun. And oppa guess what!” you squealed.

“NOONA! TRYING TO SLEEP HERE, COULD YOU FANGIRL QUIETER?” Se Hun called. “Our rooms are connected, remember!”

You covered your mouth, “Sorry!”

“What happened?” L questioned.

“I met Shinee!” you said in a loud whisper. “I met them! I shook Taemin’s hand! They performed at my school! Wahhh!”

You were totally excited remembering them.

“Really? Wow, your life must be complete.” L commented.

“It is!” you said, plopping down on your bed.

“Well, you should sleep now. Oh and a warning, Woohyun’s kidnapping you tomorrow.” L said.

You laughed, “Okay. Bye!”

“Good night, visit us soon!” L said. “Wait!”

“What?”

“Have you been writing in the diary I gave you?” he asked.

“Yup! Every single day, I really like it.” You said.

“Good.” L said, satisfied. “Okay, night!”

“Bye.” You hung up.

 You quickly changed into comfortable clothes and took out the diary L gave you for your birthday.

Like you had promised, you wrote in it every day and let your thoughts out. Instead of writing ‘Dear Diary’ you wrote ‘Dear Howon oppa’. It made you feel like you were writing to Hoya about your day, about your life. You felt like you were letting him know about everything in your life and that you were okay.

Dear Howon oppa,

Today was a really fun day. It was my first time going to a Night of Celebration.

The performances were amazing! And the food was really good. Those university students are really talented.

AND GUESS WHAT?!

I MET SHINEE! SHINEE! S-H-I-N-E-E!

AND I SHOOK TAEMIN’S HANDS! THEY’RE SO NICE, OPPA!

By ‘they’re’ I mean Shinee, not his hands. Well, his hands are nice too but…. Oh whatever!

Okay, I sound like a crazed fangirl, but I was really excited, okay?

And they told me that I’m a ‘normal’ fan.

It was a good day today (:

Se Hun’s so cute, he almost swallowed the paper in a fortune cookie.

And abeonim was really happy that we had fun today :D

You know, Howon oppa, I miss you a lot. It still seems like I’m living in some sort of dream.

But it’s a great dream, I never would have thought that I’d be happy when none of my blood-family is alive.

But you know what I learned? Family isn’t about the blood or who you live with, it’s who they are. What they’ve done for you, and how much they care. It’s when they support you no matter what and every concern for you, is a concern for them.

Right now, abeonim, Infinite, EXO, and Se Hun are more family than I could ask for.

But you’ll always be my older brother oppa, I hope you’re doing well in heaven.

I’d say I’m sorry for putting you up there…… but Se Hun and everyone else would kill me and then I’d be there too LOL

But don’t worry, I don’t blame myself anymore, thanks to some great people.

I should go to sleep now, Woohyun oppa is supposed to kidnap me tomorrow……

Good night!

Love,

Lee Haerin

PS I love this quote by Paulo Coelho

Love can consign us to hell or paradise, but it always takes us somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!

And that's the end (:

I never thought it would turn out this long.... but I guess I'm happy with it as far as first fics go.

Thanks for all the support, comments, and upvotes! I appreciated it a lot (:

Seriously, I should just make this a template on all my fics: Thanks to BambooPillows once again for helping/encouraging me along the way (: <3 Oh and for the wonderful posters :D

Go read her fic, go go go

I started a new fic as well! It's called A Singer, a Dancer, and a Jerk <-click

Starring my bb (best bias (; ), Taemin, Kai, and an OC (and SHINee)

Do support that one like you did this one~

It'll be better than this one hopefully. This was my first fic, it wasn't that good but this one will be better~! Comment and tell me what you thought of the ending :D

Thanks again!

Byebye~! :D