Better

Paradise? Yea..... NO

Your phone had been turned off so you hadn’t noticed the billions of calls and messages Se Hun had sent you.

“Where did she go?!” he said, frustrated. 

“Sooyeon ajhumma!” he ran down the stairs. “Sooyeon ajhumma!”

“Yes, young master?” she appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

“Do you know where noona is? Have you seen her? Where is she?” Se Hun asked.

Sooyeon shook her head, “I haven’t seen her and she didn’t inform me of where she is.”

Se Hun scratched his head, *Hmmm.*

“You shouldn’t worry too much.” Sooyeon said. “She’ll come back when she wants to.”

Se Hun nodded and Sooyeon pulled him into the dining room. His breakfast was already on the table.

“Eat, maybe she’ll contact you later.” Sooyeon said. “I have to go buy some cleaning supplies. I’ll be back in an hour or so, Heejung is at a meeting.”

“Okaay.” Se Hun said, taking a bite of his eggs. Sooyeon left and Se Hun ate breakfast by himself. All alone, just like he used to.

He sighed and played with his eggs, *I hate being lonely…...*

He finished his breakfast and put his plates away. He looked around, *I want milk!*

He opened the fridge and looked at the two milks. *Hmmm, chocolate or regular?* Normally, Se Hun drank regular, white milk. But today he decided to drink the chocolate one. There was only a little bit left in the carton. He started to take a sip right from the carton, and then stopped. *Is it a good idea to drink cold milk on top of eggs?* he thought about it for a while. Then he shrugged, *Eh, who cares?* and he chugged the whole thing down.

*Ah, that was yum!* he thought as he wiped his lips.

He threw the carton away and plopped down on a sofa.  He shivered as loneliness took over him *This is no different than before.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Infinite sat around in the living room after eating breakfast.

“So, Haerin.” Dongwoo said in a hoarse voice. “Have you adjusted to your new school?”

You nodded.

“Have you made any friends?” Woohyun asked.

You shrugged, *11 I think…….*

More silence.

“Let’s go to the amusement park!” Sungyeol said randomly.

You all turned to stare at him.

“What?” he shrugged. “We were supposed to go last time, but…..”

Silence.

“Okay, let’s go then!” Sunggyu stood up and stretched. He straightened up and looked at everyone sitting on the floor. “Come on! What are you waiting for? Get off your tushies and move!”

Everyone slowly got up and Woohyun helped you. After 10 rowdy minutes, the 7 of you were outside and waiting for the bus to take them to the amusement park.

“Why couldn’t we just go in someone’s car?” Sungyeol groaned.

“Because we’re too lazy to drive.” The licensed ones (L, Sunggyu, Dongwoo) answered. Woohyun and Sungyeol hadn’t gotten their licenses yet. What else could you expect from the most childish of the bunch?

“So we’re going to waste money?” Sungjong asked.

They nodded and he rolled his eyes, “Lazy. Don’t worry Haerin,” he turned to you. “When I get my license, I’ll drive us around everywhere and we won’t have to take the filthy bus.”

You smiled, “Okay.”

“Ahem.” Sungyeol cleared his throat and Woohyun did the same.

“You two can walk, look at all that tummy and leg fat.” Sungjong rolled his eyes.

“Hey!” Woohyun protested. “I do NOT have a stomach!”

“Yeah! And I have beautiful legs!” Sungyeol said, acting all diva-like.

“Whatever you say.” Sungjong muttered.

The bus arrived and you all got on. L and Dongwoo remained standing, and you, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Woohyun, and Sunggyu sat down.

“Too cool to sit down on a bus, eh?” Woohyun taunted.

L and Dongwoo rolled their eyes.

You all arrived at the amusement park and the next 7 hours went by in a blur. Infinite took you on almost all the rides, games, and roller coasters. They fed you so much food that you were sure you gained at least 20 pounds. But you had had a lot of fun, and for once you forgot about all your worries.

“Haerin!” Sungyeol poked you on the bus. “Stay here for the night! It’s too late to go home now!”

You thought about it for a while, *Se Hun won’t mind right?*

You nodded, “Okay, I guess.”

“Yay!” Sungyeol high fived Sungjong.

The 7 of you got off at the right stop and walked to L’s house.

“I’m tired.” Sungjong rubbed his eyes.

“Of course!” Sunggyu snorted. “When you’re out having fun you’re the most un-tired person on earth, but the minute you arrive at home you’re ‘tired’.”

Sungjong sent him a look, “It’s hard to have fun AND look good, you know!” he flipped his hair like the diva he was.

You laughed and Sungyeol snorted, “Puh-lease.” 

You finally turned your phone on and saw all the calls and texts Se Hun had sent you. You bit your lip *Was he really worried?*

You called him as you went upstairs to go to the washroom.

“Noona!” he answered. “Where are you?! I’ve been calling you all day!”

“Sorry, Se Hun.” You apologized. “I just wanted to come here for a while….”

He was silent, “You’re with your friends?”

“Yes.”

“Oh, okay then!” he said cheerfully. You were taken aback by his mood change. “Are you staying the night there?”

“Yeah.” You answered, and for some reason you felt guilty for leaving him.

“Okay, have fun noona!” he said. “See you tomorrow!”

“Okay,” you said unsurely. “Bye.”

“Bye noona!”

Just before he hung up you said, “Are you okay with me staying here? If you want I’ll come home.”

“It’s okay, noona!” he told you. “Just stay happy and make sure those people don’t be bad to you or I’ll come over there and karate chop them!”

A smile spread across your lips, “Okay, good night.”

“See you!”

You hung up and quickly washed up in the washroom. When you got downstairs, Infinite was watching TV.

“Did you call your stepbrother?” Sunggyu asked.

You nodded.

“You’re stepbrother is weird.”  Woohyun stated. “So perky and happy.”

You sent him a look, “Don’t say that, it’s mean. And he’s a nice kid.”

“Yeah yeah.”

You guys spent the rest of the night watching TV, playing stupid games, remembering the old times and predicting the new ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I guess I’ll invite myself to Lu Han’s house.” Se Hun said out loud to himself. The whole day had passed in loneliness. He had done homework and helped the maids clean. What else could you do in a big empty house? He hadn’t even felt like going out.

*Yup.* he decided. *Go to Lu Han’s and bother him. Sounds good.*

He changed into what he’d sleep in grabbed his toothbrush, bag, phone, and some other things. Before he went to get his coat he poked his head into the dining room.

“Sooyeon ajhumma!” he called. She looked up from dusting the decorations. “I’m going to Lu Han’s house!”

She nodded, “Okay, have fun.” Se Hun turned to go. “Wait, did you call Xi Master and tell him that you’re coming?”

Se Hun waved it away, “I’ll surprise him by letting him see my beautiful face!”

Sooyeon shook her head but smiled.

“Bye!” Se Hun waved before going outside. He had called the chauffeur earlier and the car was waiting outside. He bowed at the chauffeur before going in.

“Have you told Mistress Kim?” the chauffeur asked as he clicked in his seatbelt.

“No.” Se Hun said. “She won’t care anyways, so it doesn’t matter.”

Se Hun could go wherever, whenever. He had total freedom, Heejung didn’t care. His dad was always on business trips so he hadn’t gotten much time to set some rules for Se Hun.

To be honest, he had always wanted two parents who created boundaries and strict rules for him. That showed that parents actually cared about their child. It wasn’t that Mr. Oh didn’t care about Se Hun, he just didn’t have much time to show it or create rules with him. He was always on some sort of business trip. Heejung, on the other hand, didn’t care about him at all. That didn’t bother him anymore though. Heejung herself had lost the effect that she had on Se Hun. It was the fact that she reminded him of what he didn’t have, that dug a hole in his heart.

 Se Hun always wondered what it would be like to have a complete family. It was the one thing on his Christmas list that Santa –or anyone- could not give him.

The car stopped in front of Lu Han’s huge mansion and Se Hun got off after thanking the chauffeur.

He rang the doorbell 7 times.

A maid opened the door. She smiled respectfully, “What a nice surprise! Come in, Master, come in!” she opened the door wider and bowed at the maids and butler.

“Is Lu Han upstairs?” Se Hun asked, taking his jacket off.

The maid nodded, “He’s in his room.”

“Okay, thanks!” Se Hun took his bag upstairs and barged into Lu Han’s room.

“Hi!”

Lu Han looked at him surprised, “Uhhh, hi.”

“Annyeonghaseyo eomoni!” Se Hun greeted his aunt who was sitting on the edge of Lu Han’s bed, looking at some files on a laptop.

She smiled and greeted him back.

“You’re here at a random time.” Lu Han commented.

“Yeah, I know. I invited myself over, hope you don’t mind.” Se Hun said carelessly, trying to find a place to sit. There was stuff scattered everywhere in Lu Han’s room. pictures, sketches, schoolwork, textbooks etc.

“Have a seat.” Lu Han said, looking around. “There’s not much space here but if you move those papers…..”

“There’s not much space anywhere.” Se Hun said moving some papers.

“Yes, there is!” Lu Han exclaimed. “Look there! The corner of the bed!” he pointed to the one corner in the room where nothing was occupying the spot.

Se Hun and Mrs. Xi laughed as Se Hun sat down beside his aunt.

“Where’s Haerin?” Lu Han asked.

“She’s with some friends from where she used to live.” Se Hun replied.

“Ahhh.” Lu Han nodded.

“Has she adjusted well here?” Mrs. Xi asked. Se Hun nodded but didn’t look her in the eyes.

“That’s good.” Mrs. Xi nodded in approval. Then she stood up, “I’m done here, I’ll be downstairs. Don’t create any trouble.”

“We won’t.” Se Hun and Lu Han chorused.

“But Lu Han will.” Se Hun grinned after Mrs. Xi left.

“Yeah,” Lu Han snorted. “Sure. I’m the one who makes trouble.”

Se Hun nodded, “Yup.”

Lu Han rolled his eyes and turned back to his books, “I’m going to finish this math homework, so sit here quietly.”

“Whateverrr.”

Se Hun got bored and decided to vandalize Lu Han’s things.

He wrote things like, ‘Se Hun is awesome!” “I love Se Hun!” “Se Hun is my amazing cousin who I love so much!” “GO SE HUN!” “Se Hun is the coolest person Lu Han knows.” On Lu Han’s sticky notes and papers.

*Done.* Se Hun thought as he satisfyingly put the permanent marker away. “I’m calling Kai.”

“Why?” Lu Han asked.

“Cuz I’m bored.” Se Hun said, taking his phone out. “Actually I’ll tell everyone to come.”

“Wait, what?” Lu Han said as Se Hun started texting. “I’m trying to do work here! You can’t just invite rowdy hooligans here! I’ll never get anything done!”

“Too late.” Se Hun smiled as he put his phone away.

Lu Han blew a raspberry.

15 minutes later, Kai barged into Lu Han’s room. “Where’s the party?!”

Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Tao came in right after him.

“What party?” Lu Han blinked.

“Se Hun said there was a party.” Kai stated, taking his phone out and showing Lu Han the text.

From: Se Hun

To: Me, Kris, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Lay, Chen, Suho, Tao, Xiumin, Baekhyun.

Party at Lu Han’s house!! Come quickly!

Lu Han sent Se Hun an un-amused look.

Se Hun smiled, “Party at Lu Han’s house, going to be at Lu Han’s house, it’s the same thing.” He waved it away.

Kai grinned, “Great! I can invite the whole school if you want and-”

“Nooooo,” Lu Han interrupted. “You guys do what you want and I am going to finish my math homework today no matter what.”

Xiumin shrugged, “Suit yourself.”

“Don’t you have homework?” Lu Han asked.

“Nope, I barely got any this weekend.” Xiumin smiled.

“Whatever, make yourselves comfortable.” Lu Han said as Baekhyun and D.O walked in.

“Where’s Haerin?” Tao asked. Se Hun gave him the same answer he gave Lu Han.

“I’m going to get food.” Chanyeol said, Xiumin immediately followed.

When they came back with chips and drinks, Lu Han warned, “Don’t make a mess!”

Obviously, they made a mess.

Lu Han didn’t get any homework done that evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You lay in bed, thinking about the day. Then you thought about Hoya, *I still can’t believe he’s gone. It still seems unreal. But…. With Infinite and Se Hun and his friends, I think I might be all right.*

And for once in almost a month, you slept peacefully with only good dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all~!

Been like two weeks eh? Like I siad before, exams are coming D:

My first exam is this Wednesday and the last one is on Monday, so I'm definetely not updating then.

But today, I decided to update since I had most of the chapter written ^_^

I started another fic though, hehe, a short fic called:

The Star in My Darkness

Starring KRIIISSSSSS <3333

It's kind of different from my other fic (Angels Do Exist) and this one cuz it's not told from third person and it's just different. I'm trying something new, hehe

So please check that one out, I'll update it tomorrow.

I update my short fics more cuz this one I have more subscribers for, is longer, and has more of a plot than them, so it takes me more time to write a chapter for this fic than a short one.

Good luck to everyone else who has exams now too!!

Goodbyeeee~!

PS after exams are over, I have a couple days off, I intend on updating then (:

PSS Thanks to all those who comment and subscribe~~~