Oh Dong Su

Paradise? Yea..... NO

Lu Han left shortly after, he had to prepare for his parent’s arrival.

You and Se Hun were in the living room; Se Hun was watching TV on the floor while you were on the sofa, watching with him. Heejung appeared in the giant gap between the living room and the next room. She crossed her arms.

You pretended not to notice her. Se Hun hadn’t noticed her at all and was still laughing heartily at SHINee on Weekly Idol.

“Haha! Noona, look! Key hyung is doing aegyo! And Minho is disgusted!” he pointed at the TV, smiling.

You smiled with him. “Yeah. That kind of aegyo….. doesn’t deserve to be on broadcast.” you shook your head.

Heejung scoffed, “You wish you could do that aegyo and not that pathetic pouting you do.” She said to Se Hun. She knew you would have no trouble in talking back to her. But Se Hun? She could push him around because 1) Se Hun never talked back and 2) If he did, she could just tell his dad. His dad was her ultimate weapon against him. She didn’t have anyone to tell for you. Well, not yet anyways.

Se Hun’s smiled faded as his eyes slowly drifted to Heejung. He tried not to show the disgust on his face. Heejung was wearing skinny jeans, tight tight tight skinny jeans that did NOT look good on her. Her top was a simple but showed way more skin than necessary.

You on the other hand, had no problem in showing the nauseated look on your face. You turned to her and your face spelled B-A-R-F.

“Don’t look at me with your eyes. It’s an insult.” She said, tossing her hair back.

“Gladly.” You muttered and gave your attention to the TV again. Se Hun did the same as well, except his mood was ruined now.

Heejung swiftly walked over and turned the flat screen off.

“Hey!” Se Hun frowned. “We were watching!”

“Don’t care. Now listen up.” She said, looking at her manicured nails. “Your father, my dear husband.” She smirked. Se Hun bit his lip, trying not to cry. “Is coming home today. I expect you to be on your best behavior.” She hissed. Se Hun knew what best behavior meant. It had nothing to do with sitting with proper posture, eating with utensils, and using formal language. No, best behavior meant ‘Don’t spill any of my secrets or I’ll crush your father to bits.’

You could sense Se Hun’s discomfort. “Okay, we will be. Bye.”

“I’m not finished.” She said, the smirk vanishing from her lips. “Do anything fishy and I’ll make sure you won’t be able to use your mouth for a loooong time. He’ll be staying for a week or so, so don’t make me tape your mouths shut!” and she stormed off.

You raised a brow, “What is she talking about?”

Se Hun looked down.

“Noona, can I tell you something?” he asked quietly after a couple of minutes of silence.

You blinked, and knew he was about to reveal a secret. You shook your head, “Oh no, you don’t need to if it’s so personal.” You had only known him for a few days; you didn’t want to pry into his personal life.

He shook his head, “You should know. You are family now…..”

You bit your lip, “I don’t know…….”

“Whatever! I’m still saying.” He let out a small smile. “When I was 6, my mother ran away. She took my dad’s money and took off. I have never seen her since. One day she packed her bags, told us everything she did ,and ran off. Without any shame or an ounce of respect for my father’s feelings. He was devastated and hadn’t gotten over it for years. He still cared for me and paid attention to me, but I could tell he missed her a lot and was so heartbroken that she took his money and had only used him. Appa was big at that time and made good money for a couple of years and still does. But my mother had been stealing his money and saving it for my whole life, even before I was born. When she had enough to leave and start her own life she left. Just like that. Nothing but a note saying what she’d done and all her belongings gone. I also found out that she didn’t really care for me, and thought I was a nuisance."

“Awww.” Your eyes were filled with sympathy. Se Hun was such a bubbly and happy child, one would think he had no problems in his life and was living a life coming from a fairytale.

Se Hun continued, “Anyways, when I was 14 appa found Heejung. She was really nice and sweet. I thought I’d finally found the mom I always wanted. They got married the same year and at first she was really kind and caring. She never yelled at me like she does now and was always so supportive.”

The description Se Hun was giving you didn’t sound like Heejung at all.

“Then one day I overheard her talking on the phone about her company about to go bankrupt a few years ago. She said some stuff about a ‘mindless’ and 'easy' idiot that married her and saved her from the bankruptcy.  She said now ‘their’ company was bigger and more successful than ever since she had married the ‘Brainless Doof’. She cackled like a witch and said that the money she had was enough to buy the whole world. Then she saw me and cut the line. She walked over to me, and for the first time she glared at me. And then her true side came out. She told me if I was to ever say anything I had heard to my dad that she would divorce him, and his company would go down. First, she’d cause the bankruptcy and then divorce him, leaving hers to be successful and his to fall. I told her she wouldn’t but the look in her eyes told me she would. After that she wasn’t the kind and sweet mother I thought I had. Her true colours came out. She’s hit me sometimes as well.”

You felt sad all over again after hearing Se Hun’s encounter with Heejung. And you felt angry, how could she have the heart to toy with people? And only use them for their money? You were furious and wanted to go and yell at Heejung right away. But that would give away his secret, and it wasn’t yours to give away and get Se Hun in trouble. Your insides were bubbling.

“Why didn’t you tell your dad?” you asked in a quiet voice.

“Because he was so happy.” Se Hun whispered. “And you can visibly see it. His whole face lights up and he gets the way he used to be before my mom left. You’ll see today, he’s the happiest person you know. He’s really happy. Something he hadn’t been for 8 years. Yeah, he had me and was happy about that. But he’s a whole new level of happiness when he thinks about how we’re a ‘perfect’ and ‘whole’ family. I don’t want to ruin that. He’s worked so hard… he deserves happiness more than anyone.” His tears finally fell.

You got off the sofa and gave him a hug. You weren’t a ‘huggy’ person but you thought Se Hun needed a hug right now more than anyone else in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were in your room, getting ready to meet Mr. Oh. Se Hun seemed to be really excited. After that little emotional breakdown, you comforted him and told him that you would be with him from now on. Now you understood why he had been so happy about the new addition to the house. He had been lonely and sad.

After that you let him be alone for a while, so that he could get ready and tell his friends.

It was 7:00, Mr. Oh would be here at about 8.

You were combing your hair. You started remembering memories of your dad.

“Appa! Look at this! It’s a flower!” you exclaimed, holding it to your father’s face.

He smiled, “Mm, do you know what kind of flower it is?”

You looked at the sunflower and shook your head, your pigtails bouncing.

“It’s a sunflower. See? It looks like a sun.” he took it and held it right next to the small figure of the sun that was in the sky.

“It doesn’t look like the sun. It looks like dirt with petals around it.” Hoya snickered.

“Appa! Oppa’s being mean to the flower!” you whined.

“Howon, it’s a beautiful flower.” Your father said gently.

“The only flowers that are nice are hoyas.” He said arrogantly, crossing his arms.

“Nu uh!”

“Yu huh!”

“NU UH!”

“YU HUH!”

“NU-”

“Now now kids.”  your father interrupted. “They are both beautiful flowers. Who wants ice cream now? I know you both like chocolate, let’s go buy that.”

Unknowingly you had started crying, you missed your dad and missed Hoya.

You missed how you and Hoya would get into pointless arguments, but knew that at the end of the day you still had each other.

But now you barely had time to think about Hoya, Se Hun was always there to get your mind everywhere else but in the Hoya section. You supposed that was a good thing opposed to you being a hollow, emotionless wreck (which you were sure you would have become if Se Hun hadn’t been there).

You looked at the clock, 7:30. *What am I doing here crying? I should be getting ready! Mr. Oh will be here, and I should make a good and honest impression so that he knows someone is here to take care of his son.*

You wiped your tears and changed into a dress. It was a purple, plain dress with a white ribbon at the waist. You put a white headband on your combed head and slipped on a pair of flats.

“Noona!” you heard Se Hun. He was knocking on your door several times. You thought of Infinite and a new wave of sadness washed over you.

You opened your door and saw Se Hun. He had changed as well and was wearing casual clothes, but looked presentable.

http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/10/06/75/08/sehun-10.jpg

 "Waaahh." he looked at you. "Noona's wearing a dress!"

You smiled, “Do I look okay?” you asked, holding the tip of the dress.

He gave you a thumbs up, “Noona looks JJANG!”

You patted his shoulder, “You look handsome too.”

He grinned.

The smell of finely cooked food wandered up the stairs and into your noses.

“Wahh! FOOODD!” Se Hun grew excited immediately.

You laughed, “Come. Let’s go downstairs now.”

He nodded and you two went downstairs.

“Is your hand okay?” you asked.

“Yeah.” He answered. “Much better than before.”

You nodded.

The both of you were going to go to the living room, but Heejung was there. She was wearing an evening gown. It was a size too small and a light shade of blue. She was wearing an animal fur coat over the gown and silver heels. Her legs were crossed and she was watching TV in the big living room.

You and Se Hun exchanged shudders and decided to go to the family room instead. It was a bit smaller than the living room, but you were sure it was the size of all of your and Hoya’s downstairs.

You sat down and chatted for while when the doorbell rang.

Se Hun shot up from his seat and ran to the main entrance. You followed, a knot growing in your stomach.

“Annyeonhaseyo Master!”

“Master! I hope your trip was well!”

“Nice to see you again in good health, Master.”

You guys arrived at the entrance and saw maids carrying a bunch of suitcases and bags, scurrying around to put everything away.

In the middle of that stood Mr. Oh. He was tall, like his son and had kind eyes that seemed all too familiar to you. He was smiling brightly and didn’t seem tired at all, considering he had just been on a God-knows how long flight.

“APPAAAA!” Se Hun cried and ran to his dad to give him a big hug.

It was a heart-touching scene and you felt all warm and tingly inside.

“My son! How have you been?” Mr. Oh boomed.

Se Hun smiled, “I’m fine!” he chirped. “How was your trip?”

“Good good.” He smiled. His eyes landed on you. Him and Se Hun walked to you. You nervously smiled.

“Ah, and you must be Lee Haerin? Heejung’s daughter?” he said kindly, warmth emitting from him. “I’m Se Hun’s father, Oh Dong Su. Nice to finally meet you.” He extended a hand.

“Lee Haerin.” You shook it. “It’s nice to meet you as well.” You smiled.

He nodded. “Se Hun’s told me so much about his noona! I’m glad you can spend time with him specially, when Heejung’s not around to entertain him.” He chuckled. Se Hun’s eyes dropped to the floor and you smiled weakly.

“Oh! Heejung!” he looked behind the two of you. Heejung was standing there with an angelic smile that you could see right through.

He walked to her and gave her a biiiig hug. She returned it but her smile didn’t reach her eyes.

“How was China?” she kissed his cheek. Your eyes widened in disgust. *The nerve of this woman! Se Hun wasn’t kidding when he said his dad was very fond of Heejung. I guess that’s what happens after you’ve been hurt once… But still.... How can she be so cruel?*

Se Hun cringed, stepping back and tried not to barf. *DON’T TOUCH MY DADDY!!!!!! YOU STUPID UGLY WITCH!!!!*

After all the intros and stuff you all went to the dining room where dinner was served and you guys ‘caught up’ on everything.

You saw the way Mr. Oh interacted with Se Hun. He really loved his son and would do anything for him. He even apologized for not being able to spend enough time with him. To which Se Hun replied ‘You’re here now, which is all that matters!’ He was also really worried about Se Hun's hand and gave him a playful -yet serious- scolding. He thanked you for taking him to the doctor's with Lu Han while Heejung was 'busy' (That's what she told him when he asked Heejung what she was doing when all this happened.)

You also saw the way he acted with Heejung, it seemed like his life was complete and he was happier then ever. He even talked to you, and treated you like his won daughter that he had only not seen for a few months. You didn’t know why you felt this way but you felt…. Warm. You hadn’t felt fatherly love for a long time and didn’t know that you wanted it so much. He was so kind and caring towards you, making sure you were eating and participating in the conversations. He reminded you of your dad so much.

That’s when you realized you not only missed Hoya and Infinite, but your dad as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello~!

Sorry I didn't update yesterday.... school -_-

Anyways, I feel this chapter is abit........ Not so good.

Forgive me D:

If I get any new ideas I'll change it right away and let you guys know, ok? :D

Kay BYEEE (:

PS SORRY IF IT D: