Ice Skating

Paradise? Yea..... NO

The next day, you woke up after a long 12 hours sleep. You washed, but didn't bother changing out of your pj's yet. As you were making your bed, you wondered if Se Hun was awake.

*Probably not, or he'd be yelling at me to wake up.* you thought, amused.

You walked into his room carefully and saw that it was already quite messy.

Se Hun was fast asleep, his mouth hanging open. You chuckled at his funny expression and quietly left.

You sat on your bed and took your phone out, you decided to text L.

[Sent at 10:13] Good morning (: are you happy that it's winter break?

[Received at 10:13] Morning~! And yupp, very happy (: What are your plans for the break? Besides coming to visit me of course.


[Sent at 10:14] Umm, I think Se Hun's got lots planned, LOL.

[Received at 10:14] Ahhh, well have fun (: What are you doing for your birthday?

Your stomach sank, you had completely forgotten about your birthday.

[Sent at 10:15] Umm, nothing, I don't really feel like celebrating.....

[Received at 10:15] What?! Why??

[Sent at 10:15] Just becauseeee.

Then Se Hun entered your room, “Morning, noona!”

You smiled, “Morningg~”

“Let's go eat.” He said and left your room. You followed him and the two you went to the dining room.

To your unpleasant surprise, Heejung was at the table eating her breakfast.

“Oh, I'm not hungry anymore.” You said as you stopped.

Se Hun snorted as he tried to stifle a laugh.

“Very amusing kindergarten-level trash talk.” Heejung said, taking a bite of her toast.

You ignored her and went into the kitchen, Se Hun followed you.

“When are we going to the rink?” You asked.

“Around 1.” Se Hun answered, taking his plate of food from the head chef and giving you yours.

“I have to buy skates.” You said, heading to the living room.

“I have to get mine sharpened. We'll go after breakfast.” Se Hun said as he plopped down on the sofa.

20 minutes later, you and Se Hun were dressed and ready to go.

“Let's go by bus.” You suggested. “It'll be a good walk to the bus stop.”

Se Hun nodded, putting his skates in a bag, “Okay.”

You and Se Hun got on the bus and quickly arrived at a skate shop. You got new skates and Se Hun got his sharpened.

“Let's just go straight to the rink.” Se Hun said on the bus.

You nodded, “Yeah, okay.”

You both arrived at the ice rink and someone called, “Se Hun! Haerin! Over here!”

Lu Han, Kris, Suho, D.O, and Kai were waiting for you. Jihyun was also there.

“Where are the others?” Se Hun asked as both of you walked to them.

“Yes, hi to you too.” Kai said sarcastically.

“You didn't say, 'Hi Se Hun! Hi Haerin! Over here!'” Se Hun pointed out. “You said, ‘Se Hun! Haerin! Over here!’”

Kai opened his mouth to say something but then closed it, “Good point.”

“Lay and Chen are coming, so are Chanyeol and Baekhyun. And Tao is buying hot chocolate.” Lu Han said.

“Hi Haerin! Nice to see you again.” Jihyun waved.

“Hiii.” You smiled.

“Ahem.” Se Hun cleared his throat.

“Hello, Se Hun. Nice to see you too.” Jihyun rolled her eyes. “Let's go skate. These guys will take forever.” Jihyun said to you.

“Okay, let me just put my skates on.” You said, sitting down and untying your shoes.

“Why don't I join you guys?” Kai suggested, putting his head on Jihyun's shoulder.

“Why don't you not?” Jihyun pushed his head away.

“Noona, you're mean to me!” Kai stomped his feet like a child.

Jihyun ignored him and you finished tying your skates.

“Let's go!” Jihyun said and the two of you headed to the ice.

“Do you know how to skate?” Jihyun asked.

You nodded, “Yup, my brother taught me. We went skating all the time in winter."

Jihyun smiled but then stopped, “I didn't get a chance to say this before, but I'm sorry about your brother. It must have been hard.” She said solemnly.

You nodded, “It was, but I think I'm okay now.”

She smiled, “That's good.” The two of you got on the ice and began gliding around, talking about anything and everything. Jihyun was really easy to talk to, and she was like a sisterly figure.

“Hello, ladies. What are we talking about?” Se Hun skated over and put his arms around the two of you.

“Girl stuff. Wanna join in?” Jihyun raised a brow.

Se Hun removed his arms, “I'll be over there bothering Lu Han.” He skated away.

“Hey! You two! Twinkle Toes!” Someone called. The two of you looked behind and saw Chanyeol skating over, trying to catch his breath.

“We sent Se Hun here to tell you to come over there, stupid kid. Everyone else arrived and we're going to play a game.” He informed.

“Kay, Let's go.” Jihyun said. The three of you starting skating to the edge of the rink where the others were.

“Who were you calling twinkle toes?” Jihyun asked.

“Both of you. You guys skate like girls.” Chanyeol snorted.

You raised an eyebrow, “So do you, long legs.”

Chanyeol gasped, “Haerin! How could you?! I skate very manly-like!”

“Whatever you say.”

The three of you got to the edge of the rink. Chanyeol, however, slipped and almost fell flat on his face.

“Phewf.” Chanyeol fixed his jacket. “Almost lost my dignity there.”

“Chanyeol, dear. You can't lose what you never had.” Baekhyun patted his arm.

“Hey!”

“Okay, enough fighting. What should we play?” Suho asked the group.

“Freeze tag!” Tao suggested enthusiastically. Everyone agreed and they flipped hands to see who would be it.

You and Kris were the only ones who had flipped the opposite of everyone else.

“Hey! That's not fair, how are two people supposed to catch everyone?” You asked, partly because you were still awkward around Kris.

“Your problem not ours!” Kai stated gleefully. “Now count to 30!” And everyone dispersed.

Now only you and Kris were left, you awkwardly looked around.

Kris sighed, “Just follow my lead and we'll win.”
You gave him a questioning look.

He smirked, “Let’s just catch them for a while. I’ll tell you when to stop.”

You shrugged, “Okay.”

“Let's go.” He said and skated away to find them in the big rink.

You blew a raspberry, *99% of them are guys! TALL guys, how do I catch them?!*

Nonetheless, you skated onto the rink and looked around for the rowdy boys. Jihyun would probably know how to blend in, so she would be the hardest to find.

Someone whizzed by you, “Can't catch me~!”

It was Kai, you raced after him but it was no use. His long legs were helping him too much.

Luckily, Chanyeol crashed into you.

“Ha! Got you!” You said cheerfully, tagging him.

“Kai! Free me!” You heard Se Hun yell, Kris must have gotten him.

You skated over to Se Hun and managed to tag Kai.

“YESSS!” You cheered but that didn't last long because Baekhyun skated over and freed both of them.

For ten minutes, you and Kris tried to tag all of them but nothing worked.

“Haerin!” Kris called. He motioned you to the edge of the rink.

“Yeah?” You said breathlessly.

“Let's go get hot chocolate, I'm cold.” He got off the ice.

You blinked, “But we're in the middle of the game.”

“We're never going to catch all of them, and since we aren't going to be able to tag them all, we might as well not tag them at all.” He explained.

“Shouldn't we tell them then?”

“Nope.” Kris smiled. “They'll figure it out eventually.”

You nodded, “Uhh, okay.” *Sneaky quiet one, eh?*

You and Kris left the rink, changed your shoes, and bought some hot chocolate.

Then there was that awkwardness between the two of you. Discomfited silence filled the air as the two of you walked around and sipped your hot chocolate.

“I'm sorry about your brother.” Kris suddenly said.

You shrugged, “It's not your fault.”

“It's not yours either.”

You looked at him.

“I can tell that you think it's your fault.” He said casually.

*Because it is.* but you didn't say anything.

“Don't blame yourself, you're not doing anyone any favours.” Kris said.

“Then who else's fault is it?” You asked. “That was exactly the problem, I didn't do anything. He did all the work and I just lived off of it. Now to mention how much of a brat I acted like to get my sketch book.”

“And what exactly are you proving by putting the blame on yourself?” Kris questioned.

“That it's my fault he died.”

“Okay, then. It's your fault he died.” Kris agreed, you blinked * Eh? Wasn't he just disagreeing with me?* He continued, “Your fault he died, why's it your fault? Cuz you were being a brat. Why were you being a brat? Cuz you love your sketch book. Why do you love your sketchbook? Cuz you love art. Why do you love art? Cuz it’s in your genes. Why's it in your genes? Cuz your mom or dad gave it to you. Why'd they give it to you? Cuz they gave you life. Why'd they give you life? Cuz their parents gave them life. Why'd your parents parents give life to them? Cuz their parents did.” He stopped and put his hand in his pocket. “So essentially, it's your great great great, oh wait, it's Adam and Eve's fault.”

You rolled your eyes, “There is no need to make things so complicated.”

“I'm not.” He said. “You are. The point of all that was that the blame game doesn't end, Haerin.” He looked you in the eye. “And it's your choice whether to play it or not. It doesn’t have to be someone’s fault, passing the blame on is stupid and pointless.”

You were quiet and looked down. He was right, you feeling guilty was really stupid and Hoya would be disappointed if he knew.

Kris shrugged, “Hey, you don’t have to listen to me. But that would be better than living with guilt that shouldn’t even be there, right?”

You looked into his eyes and saw that he was being sincere; he just wanted what was best for you, and for you to not be miserable.

“HEY! HYUNG! HAERIN! WE'VE BEEN WAITING 37 MINUTES AND YOU'RE HERE SIPPIN' HOT CHOCOLATE?!”

Xiumin, followed by the others, stormed over. Only Jihyun was taking her time.

“You guys just left us there! We looked like idiots trying to hide from people that weren't even there!” Xiumin yelled.

“I'm sure you would have pulled the idiot thing off fine even if we hadn't left.” Kris scoffed.

Xiumin's mouth dropped, “Hey!”

“Smooth, guys, smooth.” Jihyun said as she stood next to you.

“Pass over the hot chocolate!” Xiumin snatched Kris' away from him. He rolled his eyes.

“Noona! You left me!” Se Hun complained. “How could you?! I thought we were a team and- ou! Hot chocolate!” Se Hun stopped his rant as soon as you put your hot chocolate in his hands.

“Let's all go get our own hot chocolates.” Kai said. “My hands are so cold!”

The others agreed and all of you headed to the café.

“So, you got to know Kris better?” Jihyun asked as the two of you walked side-by-side at the back of the group.

You nodded.

“He knocked some sense into you?”

You nodded again.

Jihyun laughed, “Yeah, Kris is good at doing that. He's a good friend though.”

*I bet he is.* you thought. *He's kind of like L. A bit cold but is actually really nice and knows just the right things to say. Even if I don't like it, he'll say it cuz he knows that I need that advice.*

“Here, noona.” Kai handed Jihyun a coffee. “I got your coffee for you.”

“Aw, thanks Jongin.” Jihyun smiled.

“That'll be $2.35.” Kai informed taking a sip of his drink.

Jihyun's smile vanished, “Aish, I should have known better you little-”

“Hey, you're the older one. You should be buying ME things. So it's actually,” Kai stopped for a moment to do the math. “4.10” he held a hand out.

“How did this turn from him buying me coffee, to me paying for his and mine?!” Jihyun exclaimed as she gave Kai the money.

“Since I'm a gentleman.” Kai said, “I'll knock off the ten cents.” He handed her ten, useless, cents.

“Gee, thanks. I wonder where you learned your manners from” Jihyun said sarcastically.

“The best.” Kai grinned. You laughed at their conversation.

“OUCHHHH!” Someone yelled. The three of you looked up to see Se Hun fanning his tongue. “HOT! HOT! HOTTT!”

You shook your head as you walked to him.

“How did mine burn you? It was pretty cool when I gave it to you.” You said.

“Yeah, Lu Han took that from me and finithed it, tho I bought another one.” Se Hun said holding his tongue with his hand, causing him to talk funnily.

“Then maybe you should wait a while before you drink it.” You suggested.

“But I don't like it when it'th cold. It only tasteth good hot.” Se Hun said.

“Then don't complain!” You lightly hit his head.

“Se Hun being an idiot again?” Lu Han asked as he and Lay walked over.

“Hey! I am noth!” Se Hun said.

Lu Han glanced at his hand holding his tongue in the cold air. “Yeah, I thought so.” He took a sip of his drink.

“Haerin, there's snow all over your hair.” Lay commented, brushing it away.

“Oh, haha.” You shook your head to get rid of it. “Are you feeling better? Are you sure you should have even come today?” Lay had had the flu, that was why he hadn't been feeling so good a couple of days ago.

Lay waved it away, “I'm fine now.”

“Let's go home! My feet are numb!” Tao complained.

“Yeah, I'm getting bored too.” Chen agreed.

Everyone else had no problem with it so everyone headed their separate ways, promising to do something stupid another day.

“Bye, Haerin! Call me soon!” Jihyun waved as she and Kai walked away. You and Jihyun had exchanged numbers and promised to keep in touch.

“Byeee.” You waved back as you and Se Hun got on the bus.

“Noona, did you have fun today?” Se Hun asked.

“Se Hun you ask me that all the time.” You laughed.

“So?!”

“Nothinggg, yes I had fun.” You assured.

“Good.” He smiled. Then he looked at you suspiciously, “What did you and Kris hyung do when you guys ditched us?”

“Nothing, just talked.” You shrugged.

“Mhmmm, about?”

“About how stupid I am.” You answered. Se Hun looked startled, “What?! Hyung called you stupid?! I mean, I know he's cold and all but he's not supposed to be mean! We need to have a talk!” He whipped his phone out.

You shook your head, “Nooo, he made me realize I was being stupid. How me blaming myself for oppa's death was stupid and pointless.”

“Ohh.” Se Hun nodded. “Well, I cudda told ya that! And then I'd have the philsophical title!”

You smiled a bit, *Yeah, anyone could have. I really was being idiotic for blaming myself.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey hey heeyyyy~!

How's everyone doing? Good? Great? That's good (:

Originally, Suho was supposed to be the one to tell Haerin she was acting stupid, but then I realized Kris hasn't really talked to Haerin much so I went with him :D

Anywhooooo, who do you guys think works harder: BAP or EXO?

I like EXO a lot, but I have to say BAP works much harder. They've had so many combacks and they've shown their various talents through their albums.

DON'T KILL ME EXOTICS, I'M ONE OF YOU D:

But I love BAP tooo <3 Daehyun's voice is so asdfghjkl;

-whistling- EXO should hurry up and come back~~~~ 

I have a huge test tomorrow.

If I don't pass I don't graduate....

Oh in case you didn't know, I am a student, not some 25-year-old xD

So my teacher was like, "Don't worry about it. Think about it like this: if you don't pass you don't graduate and you're a failure in life. No pressure."

Gee, thanks for the wise words of encouragement, teach -_- 

Anywaaysss,

BYEBYEE~!

Comment~ (Why is this so small? o.o)