Getting to Know Each Other Better

Paradise? Yea..... NO

You blinked at him, and he blinked back. But then he broke into a smile.

“ANNYEONG!” he waved cutely. The maid was standing behind him and she gave you an apologetic look.

Unsurely, you waved back. “H-Hello.”

He jumped over to you. Startled, you moved back.

He peered at you, leaning into your face. You grew uncomfortable and didn’t know where to look or what to do.

“Young master,” Sooyeon came in. “Please, change and wash and then you can meet your noona. Come on now.” She gently pulled him.

“But-” he interrupted. “I never got to introduce myself!”

“You may do so after, when the both of you are eating.” She said.

He pouted, but went with her. Sooyeon pulled him in front of her and looked back at you.

I’m sorry, he’s hard to control, she mouthed.

You nodded, It’s ok you mouthed back.

Once she left, she shut the door behind her.

*So,* you thought to yourself. *He’s my new brother.* your eyes filled with fresh tears *New brother, because I don’t have my old one.*

Haerin, a voice in the back of your head that oddly sounded like Sunggyu, said. He’s not here, but take this as a sign. You have a new brother. He sent you someone else to take care of you. So use his gift wisely. He may not be your old Howon oppa, but he’s someone and he doesn’t seem like the mean type. Look on the bright side, you have a brother! You have someone else to replace that missing space in your heart.

*He’s right. No one can replace Howon oppa, but he can fill the missing gap in my heart for the most part. I should use this ‘gift’, or it could get taken away from me.*

You nodded with a determined look in your eyes and wiped the tears on your face. For now, you would miss Hoya a lot. But you promised to get back on your feet soon.  

You didn’t feel like unpacking anymore, so you decided to go downstairs and explore the house a bit more. Everyone seemed really nice and welcoming, except for one person of course. But you weren’t going to let that one person bring you down.

“Ajhumma, that’s my new noona?!” Se Hun asked excitedly as Sooyeon lead him to his room.

Sooyeon smiled. *Such a naive boy.* “Se Hun-ah,” she was the only one who called him ‘Se Hun’ and not young master (most of the time). “Give your “new noona” some time.” she chuckled, it was adorable how Se Hun was treating you like a brand new toy he just got from a store. “She’s probably not going to be so open, or happy, or her normal self for a while.”

“Eh?” Se Hun tilted his head to the side. “Why not?”

“Because her oppa died a few days ago. Obviously, she’s sad and filled with sorrow. I’m not saying you will, but don’t suffocate her. She needs time and space. You would want that too if your hyung died as well, right?” she said gently.

Se Hun’s eyes widened. “Her oppa….. died?”

Sooyeon nodded. “He was stabbed, actually.”

Se Hun’s eyes grew even more wide. “Really? How? Why? He was murdered?

“I don’t know why. But what I do know, is that her and her older brother were walking home from somewhere, and random hooligans came and killed the poor boy. He was only in high school as well.”

Se Hun was shocked, he’d never heard such a story before. His blood grew cold and he shuddered at the thought of one of his brothers (EXO), dying. 

“Is she okay?” he asked quietly.

Sooyeon nodded, “I think she’ll be fine, just watch what you say ok, Se Hunnie?”

He nodded like a good little boy.

“But, why’s she living here now?” he asked. His eyes widened again. “Is she umma’s daughter?”

“No, she is her step daughter. Her dad married mistress and he died, so her and her brother were left under her care. I heard that they moved when her brother was 16 and started living on their own. I don’t know why. But now that he’s dead, she has to live here. So, she’s leaving behind everything from home and coming here. To a new area. Right after her brother died. So be good.”

Se Hun nodded again, *I understand why they left…. But now she has to come back and her brother is dead. I bet umma didn’t care and treated her the way she treats me. She left all her friends and school and has to move, when she’s in that state. Poor noona. * Se Hun thought sadly.

“Wait, so she’s coming to my school?” he asked, in a happier voice.

Sooyeon nodded, “She will go starting tomorrow. So show her around and introduce her to your friends. I bet she’d like that. Make her feel welcome.”

“Yeah.” Se Hun eagerly nodded. But then he felt irritated at Heejung again. *She’s making noona go to school so soon? Poor noona.*

“Good boy.” Sooyeon smiled in a motherly way and patted his head. “Now go change and wash your face. Then you can meet noona.”

Se Hun beamed and nodded. “I’m going to be noona’s best friend and help her through everything!” he pumped his fist in the air.

Sooyeon smiled, she bowed and left Se Hun to do what he needed to do.

Sooyeon had been with Se Hun since childhood, she was his mother (practically). She lived with him since forever (as a maid) and had always been there for him. They were really close, like mother-son. Even closer than Se Hun and Mrs. Kim, Se Hun only had these two motherly figures for him. But he always wanted to know what a real mother’s love felt like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were exploring the house, when Taegun called you.

“Mistress! Master! Your food is ready.” He called. You made your way to the kitchen and you heard footsteps thundering down the stairs.

“FOOD?! YAYY! I’M SO HUNGRY! LUNCH IS WAY TOO EARLY!” Se Hun appeared beside you.

He gave you a friendly smile, that you only half returned.

“You both may go sit in the dining area.” Hyunsoo said, putting sandwiches that were in the shape of little triangles, on a platter.

You nodded and you walked out. Then you stopped and realized you didn’t know where the dining room was.

“This way, noona!” Se Hun called. You blinked but followed his voice and found yourself in the dining room.

“Um, thanks.” You said, pulling out a chair. There were 6 chairs in total.

“No problem!” he said cheerfully, sitting right across from you.

“Your food.” Taegun appeared and put the sandwiches on the table. He also put drinks in front of the two of you. He also put a bowl of hot soup in front of you guys.

“Enjoy.” He bowed and left. You were still unused to this kind of treatment, and you didn’t want to get used to it.

Se Hun sensed that and said, “I know, it’s weird. I thought it was weird how they treat me like I’m someone special, which I’m not. But we can’t do anything about it. It’s the way things are.” He shrugged sadly and took a sandwich.

You just nodded.

“Oh!” he stopped halfway from taking a bite from his sandwich. “How rude of me! I didn’t even introduce myself. I’m Oh Se Hun! Your new dongsaeng! I hope we get along~” he added with a cute smile, as he held his hand out.

You couldn’t stop your lips from going upwards, forming into a genuine smile. “Lee Haerin.” You shook his hand, forgetting about your worries.

“Lee Haerin.” Se Hun smiled. “That’s a pretty name.”

“Thank you.” You said. “Se Hun is a nice name as well.”

He beamed, “You are older than me, right?” he asked chewing on a sandwich.

“Umm, I’m a junior in high school.” You told him.

“Really? Then you are my noona! I’m a year younger than you.” He said. *I’m his…. Noona? That’s interesting, no one has ever called me noona before. I’ve always been the younger one. It’s nice to have a dongsaeng….* you thought, at least you wouldn’t think about Hoya when you saw Se Hun.

“I’m really excited about having a noona! I’ve always wanted a noona. I only have hyung’s who like to bully me and make me do their dirty work.” He sniffled. “Now I have a noona to protect me!” he did another fist pump in the air. You laughed a tinkling laugh.

Then he noticed something and stared expectantly at you.

“Ummm.” You looked away awkwardly.

“Noona! Why aren’t you eating?! You need to eat!”

“Oh.” You took a sandwich. “Right.” You took a bite.

 “Good.” He smiled. “I’m surrounded by people who love to worry about my diet, but never seem to care about their own!”

You gave him a confused look. “Huh?”

“My hyung’s are always telling me to eat. I eat a lot. But that’s mostly snacks and stuff. So when I have a meal in front of me, they’re always fussing and making sure I eat. But they never seem to notice that their plate is full!” he huffed, crossing his arms.

You giggled, “You have hyung’s?”

He nodded, “11.”

You choked, “11?!” *I thought I only had 1 step brother!*

Se Hun laughed and passed you your apple juice. “Not blood related hyung’s. They’re my friends. One of them is my cousin.” He explained.

“Ahh.” You nodded.

Se Hun pouted as he looked at the soup, “I had soup for lunch today as well. It tasted horrible but one of my hyung’s made it delicious! Whatever,” he shrugged and picked his spoon up. “Soup is yum!” he took a giant spoonful and burned his tongue.

“AH!” he yelped and dropped his spoon.

“Are you okay?” you asked, worriedly.

“Fine.” He said after he calmed down. “Perfectly fine. They should put a warning on these things.” He mumbled, and you chuckled.

You were having fun talking to Se Hun, he was really easy to get along with. You almost completely forgot about Hoya and Infinite. It was in the back of your mind and when you would remember, you’d grow sad again. But he’d somehow know and would cheer you up in 2 seconds. You didn’t know if he knew about Hoya, (he probably did, but didn’t ask you about it or remind you of things you didn’t want to be reminded of) but in any case you were glad he was being so friendly, it made you feel more welcomed.

You didn’t notice, but a small part of your heart starting warming up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello~!

Another chapter. A lot happier now eh?

Ok, I won't say much cuz my hands are tired

hehe

KAY BYEEE~!