Family Dinner

Paradise? Yea..... NO

While you were explaining Snell's Law to Se Hun, Mr. Oh appeared in your doorway.

Se Hun's eyes widened in surprise, “Dad!”

Mr. Oh smiled at both of you and said, “I got back early from my trip to Busan. How about we go out for dinner? Have you guys eaten?”

Se Hun brightened, “Okay! No, I haven't eaten and I don't think noona ate all day.”

You elbowed him.

“How about it, Haerin? Do you want to go?” Mr. Oh asked you.

“Sure.” You smiled. “I'd love to.”

Se Hun bounded off the bed, “Forget you, Snell's law!” And he shut his textbook and went into his room to change. You finished your last question for chemistry and put your things away. Mr. Oh left to tell Heejung.

“Whoah.” You heard Se Hun say.

You went to his room to see what he was oggling at. But when you entered, you didn't recognize his room.

It was clean.

“Wow...” Se Hun whispered.

He walked to a desk you didn't even know had been there.

“I thought I lost this!” He exclaimed rubbing a finger on it.

“What? How do you lose a desk?” You laughed.

“Daehyun's mom lost a stroller.” Se Hun shrugged and went to find clothes in his closet. You stopped laughing and gave him a weird look, “Huh?”

“My baby cousin, remember? From the business party. Yeah, his mom lost his stroller.” Se Hun explained.

You eyebrows flew to your forehead, *How do you lose a stroller?*

“I'll go get ready too.” You said and went back to your room to change. You checked your phone and saw that you had received a text from L.

[Received at 8:03] You okay?

You quickly replied, [Sent at 8:03] Yep, we're going out for dinner with Se Hun's dad and the SheMonster.

[Received at 8:04] LOL okay, have fun. Eat a lot~

You put your phone away and quickly changed into something casual, yet elegant enough to go to a fancy restaurant a rich person (like Se Hun's dad) would take his family to.

Se Hun was waiting for you outside your door and he smiled when you came out, “Wahh, noona looks pretty!”

You smiled and gestured for him to go downstairs with you. Heejung was at the foot of the stairs. When she saw you she made a face, you knew she was making a face at your outfit. She opened to say something but then closed it when Mr. Oh appeared, “Ready? Let's go!”

You and Se Hun followed Mr. Oh and Heejung to the limo. The kids sitting across from the adults.

“Where do you want to go?” Mr. Oh asked.

“Let noona choose!” Se Hun said. Mr. Oh looked at you, “Well, Haerin? Where would you like to eat?”

“Oh, um, I'm fine with anywhere.” You said, nudging Se Hun. “Se Hun can just choose a random place.”

“I have a place I'd like to go.” Heejung spoke up. “There's a nice restaurant with lovely food just near here. I went the other day, I'm sure Haerin and Se Hun will like it there.”

“Okay, you guys want to go there?” Mr. Oh asked the two of you. You nodded and Se Hun did too. *As if you'd care if me and Se Hun would like it there.* you thought as you looked out the window.

Mr. Oh directed the driver where to go and in 10 minutes you all arrived at an extravagant looking restaurant.

“Whoahh- ah!” Se Hun said in awe, tripping over the front steps.

The waiter at the front led you guys to a table in the back. He gave out four menus and said, “I'll be back to take your order in a few minutes.” He bowed and left.

“I want ice cream.” Se Hun said at once, setting his menu aside.

“That's dessert, Se Hun. You have to eat dinner first.” Mr. Oh said, opening his menu to look at the food options.

“What do you want, noona?” Se Hun asked.

You shrugged, “I'm fine with anything.”

“Great, so I'll have chicken noodles and Chinese rice while you have chicken rice and Chinese noodles and then we'll steal each other’s food.” Se Hun nodded. You laughed, “Okay.”

The waiter came, took everyone's order and then left to tell the chefs to prepare it.

Se Hun yawned, “I don't wanna go to school tomorrow.” He put his head down facing you. Heejung was keeping Mr. Oh busy by talking about the company to him.

“Me too.” You agreed.

“Hey, let's text Lu Han.” Se Hun grinned, sitting up again.

“Um, okay?” You said unsurely as he whipped his phone out.

[Sent at 8:32] Hello (: guess whoooo

Lu Han replied fast, [Received at 8:33] Hmm, since the contact for this number is Se Hun, I'm gunna go with that. Idiot.

Se Hun made a face at the screen and showed it to you, “Meanie!”

He typed back, Noona hates you.

“What?!” You said raising your eyebrows. “I didn't say that!” You took his phone and typed, I never said that. Don't listen to him.

[Received at 8:34] Yea, I figured. Only Se Hun would say something as childish as that.

“Hey!” Se Hun yelped. “I am not childish,” he huffed. “I think that's enough texting Lu Han.” He said, putting his phone away.

The waiter arrived with the food and placed the different trays and plates on the table.

He bowed and said, “Enjoy your meal.”

“Okay everyone! Eat a lot!” Mr. Oh encouraged, taking the lids off all the dishes.

He took the lid off the biggest dish and Se Hun's eyes widened, “EW!”

There was a large, cooked fish on the plate. It hadn't been cut and was still in 'fish form'.

Mr. Oh gave him a weird look and pushed noodles towards Se Hun, “Here’s your food. You too, Haerin.” He put a large plate of rice in front of you.

“Noona,” Se Hun whispered to you. “It’s so creepy, I think it’s staring at me....” He said, referring to the fish.

You rolled your eyes, “Oh please, it is not. Don't look at it and eat your food.”

“So, how is school going kids?” Mr. Oh asked, diving his knife into the fish. Se Hun nearly fell off his seat, “EWWW, APPA!”

“What?” He blinked.

“You're killing the fish!”

“It's already dead, Se Hun.” Mr. Oh said shaking his head.

“Yeah but still, this fish is gross. Why didn't they cut it? What if someone swallows a bone? What if they left some artery with blood in it? What if they forgot to take out an intestine? What if some of its nasty guts are still in there?”

You, who had been putting a bite of food in your mouth, stopped and put your fork down.

“Se Hun, it’s not staring at you. It's just fish! Have you never seen a fish before?” You asked.

“Yeah! But it’s never stared at me from the centre of the dinner table before!” He exclaimed.

You turned the fish the other away, “There, now eat.”

Se Hun was still a little creeped out, but resumed eating.

“Oh! I got my science assignment back.” Se Hun said cheerfully. “I got an A!”

“That's great!” Heejung randomly gushed. Se Hun's smile faltered when she said that and his lips turned into an 's', but he managed to look away and turn his expression back to normal.

“Good job.” Mr. Oh said proudly. “How about you Haerin? Are your studies going well?”

You nodded, “I've caught up to where my class is in all my subjects.”

Mr. Oh nodded, “That's good.”

Heejung began talking to Se Hun's dad again and Se Hun turned to you, “Okay! Switch!”

He swapped both of your plates and took a bite out of your food. You blinked, but continued to eat.

Se Hun was having trouble combining the rice and the side dishes together. You put your chopsticks down and prepared a bite for him. You put it in front of his mouth. He opened wide and ate it, “YUMMMYYYY.”

You smiled as he happily munched on the food. Mr. Oh, who had been watching the entire interaction between the two of you, smiled softly. He could see the two of you got along really well, it made him happy.

“Finished!” Se Hun announced, “I want ice cream!”

He looked at your plate and raised an eyebrow, “Wow noona, you eat slow.”

“No, you just eat fast.” You retorted.

“Touché.” Se Hun grinned. “Waiter!”

Se Hun ordered his ice cream and did not wait patiently for it.

“How long does it take to take ice cream out of a freezer, put it in a bowl, and bring it to a hungry 15-year-old!” Se Hun said, craning his head up to see if the waiter was coming.

“Se Hun, he has other tables to wait as well.” You patted his arm. “Be patient.”

Se Hun blew a raspberry and crossed his arms. When he saw the waiter coming, he brightened and his eyes lit up when he saw how big the ice cream bowl was.

“Yum!” He said with his mouth full of ice cream. You blinked and your lips turned into an 's', “Ew Se Hun, you eat like a slob. What will people think?” You wiped his face with a napkin.

“Who cares?” Se Hun snorted, his mouth full of ice cream. “I got me a giant bowl full of ice cream.”

You shook your head but smiled secretly.
“Want some, noona?” He asked, holding a spoon out to you.

You shook your head.

“I hope my throat doesn’t hurt too much tomorrow morning.” Se Hun said to himself.

“Your throat hurts when you eat cold things at night?” You asked him.

He nodded, “Yup.”

You blinked, “Then why are you eating that?”

“Cuz it's yummy! And I'm not very good at taking care of myself.”

“Yeah, clearly.” You shook your head. There was no use trying to take the ice cream away from him, he would never give it up.

Mr. Oh had been watching the whole time while Heejung went to the bathroom.

He felt guilty, Se Hun was so young, was he even supposed to know how to take care of himself? Se Hun had never grown up with a mother, he had never felt the sincere mother's love he deserved. *And Heejung barely has time to spend with him.* He wasn't even around that often to be with him.
Mr. Oh was not a good father (in his eyes).

He turned away from you and Se Hun, closing his eyes as he let the guilt sink in. He felt guilty for not being there for Se Hun, but he was grateful too. Grateful to you for being there for him.

“Well, I think we're all finished here.” Mr. Oh said, looking at all the empty plates. He didn’t notice Heejung's half-full one because he was too busy thinking about the kids’.

“Can I have another bowl of ice cream?” Se Hun asked, lazily eating the last bite of his ice cream.

Mr. Oh's eyebrows flew up in surprise, “You ate all of that?”

Se Hun nodded, dropping the spoon in the bowl, “So can I have more? You know you’re never too full for desert? Your stomach always has room for sugar.”

“No, one bowl was enough sugar for your stomach.” Mr. Oh said, getting up. “Let's go now.” He walked to the front to pay.

Se Hun pouted, “But I want more!”

You swiped the napkin over his messy face again, “Well, you can't. I can't believe you can eat all that and not be overweight.”

Se Hun smiled, “My specialty. I do, occasionally. But Lu Han never gains weight! Ever! And judging by the looks of it,” Se Hun looked at your body, “you don't either. Were you born underweight? Why are you so boney?”

Your mouth opened in surprise as you got up, “No! My weight is fine, thank you.”

“Suuuure.” Se Hun sarcastically agreed as the two of you followed Mr. Oh. Heejung came out of the bathroom and caught up with Mr. Oh, 'accidentally' stepping on your foot with her pointy heel.

“You okay, noona?” Se Hun asked as you limped outside.

“Fine.” You muttered. Heejung wasn't even scaring you, she was being downright annoying and childish.

“Hurry up!” Heejung called.

You and Se Hun hurried into the car.

“Was the food good?” Mr. Oh asked you and Se Hun.

“Very good.” Se Hun said dreamily and you knew he was thinking about the ice cream.

“It was very nice.” You smiled, speaking for yourself and Se Hun.

“I'm glad.” Mr. Oh smiled.

“Appa, how long are you staying?” Se Hun asked.

“I'm afraid I have to leave again tomorrow morning for Japan.” Mr. Oh sighed.

“Oh.” Was all Se Hun said. But you saw his eyes go from happy to very sad in a millisecond. *Of course, I should have expected this* Se Hun thought as he turned away and looked outside the window.

Mr. Oh saw the pained look in his eyes and turned away as well.

The rest of the car ride passed by in a tension filled silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello~!

See, I updated (:

Just a pointless filler chapter, the next 3-4 will be like that, just to show that Haerin's fine and she's getting closer with EXO~!

I had a math test today, I think I got one question wrong T_T

Whatever, it was only worth two marks.

That two marks is the difference between a 95 and a perfect......

SOOOOOOOOBBBBB

LOL just kidding, I just hope my mark doesn't go too down.

I'm in the mood for milk

No wait, cereal

No no, I want a mini orange! I'ma go find one

See you Sunday/Saturday~!

Don't forget to leave a comment ;)