Productive Day

Paradise? Yea..... NO

 

“Noona!” Sehun called one morning of the break, entering the living room.

“Yes?” You asked, looking up from the magazine you were reading.

“What kinds of things do you like?” He asked, sitting on the sofa across from you.

“Huh? What kinds of things do I like?” You repeated, confused.

“You know like clothes, jewelry or that paint girls put on their faces.” Se Hun explained,

“First of all, it's not paint, it's make up. And secondly, I don't like any of that stuff.” You turned your attention back to the magazine. Then you looked up again, “Why?”

“Nothing.” Se Hun said getting his phone out.

[Sent at 11:05] What does noona like?

L replied quickly.
[Received at 11:05] She doesn't like anything.

Se Hun's mouth dropped.
[Sent at 11:06] What?! Doesn't like anything?! What do you mean?!

[Received at 11:06] You're talking about her birthday, yea'? How do you know when it is anyways? I doubt she told you, she doesn't like talking about her birthday that much.

[Sent at 11:06]That's for me to know and you to find out. Anyways what do you mean?!

[Received at 11:07] Okay, sheesh, so impatient (and creepy). Just get her whatever you think she'll like, she has no particular taste.

[Sent at 11:07] Aigooo, noona's so complicated :/

[Received at 11:08] Yup, she is.


Se Hun had gotten to know L better. Not in person, but through text messages. L would regularly text Se Hun and ask how Haerin was doing. Or Se Hun would ask L a question about Haerin, they were 'texting friends'.

Se Hun sighed and messed his hair up in frustration with one hand.

You gave him a weird look, “What are you doing? And who were you texting?”

“Uh nothing, no one.” Se Hun stood up. “I'm going to go clean out my, uh, sock drawer.” He ran up the stairs. You turned your head and followed him with yours eyes, a confused look on your face. Then you turned back, “He doesn't have a sock drawer. His socks are in a pile in his closet.” You mumbled to yourself.

“Talking to yourself, the first sign of turning into a loon. I should call the mental hospital and get rid of you right now.” A disgusting voice said.

You rolled your eyes and put the magazine down. *I am NOT in the mood to deal with this.* you stood up and started moving towards the stairs.

“Wait.” Heejung said. You stopped and turned around from the middle of the stairs.

“I'm going away for 10 days tomorrow morning. No one is going to be here except those lousy maids.” She said. “If anything happens while I'm gone, I will ship you to the orphanage faster than you can say 'death'.”

You were pleasantly surprised and tried to hide the smile on your face, “Whatever.”

“Tell the useless kid sitting upstairs.” Heejung ordered and disappeared into the den.

“Gladly.” You grinned to yourself and ran to Se Hun's room.

“Se Hun!” You called as you entered his room.

Se Hun jumped and hid what looked like a notebook behind his back. “Y-yes?”

“Heejung's going away for 10 days! 10 whole days!” You said happily sitting on his bed.

Se Hun sat up, “Really?!”

You nodded, the two of you began jumping up and down in glee.

“What's going on in here?” Sooyeon appeared in the doorway. You and Se Hun realized what losers you both looked like and stopped jumping up and down and smiling like idiots.

“We were just, uh, celebrating the uh, the interestingness of, um, the circulatory system. Gotta love those arteries~!” Se Hun said, looking at his closed textbook. You nodded and smiled uncertainly, “Heh, yeah.”

Sooyeon raised an eyebrow, “I'm not even going to ask. Anyways, I'm going grocery shopping, any requests?”
 
“Chips, brownies, cookies, not pudding, chocolate milk, ice cream, popsicles, freezies,” Se Hun immediately began listing a bunch of things. “Fruit cups-”

“Se Hun, I think we should just let ajhumma buy what she thinks she should buy.” You interrupted him.

“Se Hun, what is this?” Sooyeon walked over to the pile of clothes in the corner. She picked up one shirt that had a disgusting green-ish, purple-ey stain on it.

Se Hun shrugged, “Pudding, ice cream, maybe puke?”

Sooyeon shuddered and put it in the unused laundry basket near his closet. Then she walked out mumbling, “Every time I go in there, I regret it....”

You gave Se Hun a look, “You scared her away, Se Hun.”

“Did not, she always leaves my room paralyzed.” He said lazily.

“Yeah, I can see why.” You said looking at the ice cream stain on his bed.

“Let's go do something.” Se Hun said, getting off of his bed and hiding the notebook under his pillow.

“Like?”

“Likeee,” Se Hun tapped his chin. “Let's just go walk around and we'll find something to do.”

You shrugged, “Okay, I have nothing better to do. But leave your wallet at home!” Last time the two of you had gone somewhere, Se Hun had paid for the food and same with the time before that. Now, you had to make sure he left his wallet at home.

“Okayyyy.”

The two of you grabbed your jackets and went downstairs to put your shoes on.

“Wait.” You stopped Se Hun before he opened the door.

“What?” he asked.

You checked all his pockets and found his wallet in his jacket.

You held it up, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, uh, how did that get there? Hahaha.” Se Hun nervously laughed.

“Yeah.” You didn’t feel like hiding it anywhere, so you just put it in your purse.

“You , noona.” Se Hun sulked.

“Yeah yeah, now where are we going?”

“Let's go to a café, drink bubble tea, and talk about how amazing I am!” Se Hun suggested.

You raised an eyebrow, “Yeah, okay.”

You both took the bus to a nearby cafe and took a seat in a booth near a window.

“Suho hyung's dad owns this cafe. Maybe he's here.” Se Hun looked around for any signs of Suho.

*His dad owns a lot of places.* you thought. *Nice places too.*

A waitress came over, “Hello, what would you like to order today?”

“Yes, what would you like to order?” Suho appeared and pushed Se Hun over to make room for himself.

“Hi hyung.” Se Hun greeted flatly, not happy that he had hit his leg on the table leg when Suho pushed him over.

“Hello Suho.” You smiled.

“Hello hello, my good friends.” Suho greeted. “I can take it from here.” He added to the waitress that was standing there.

“Ew, why so formal and old time-ey?” Se Hun wrinkled his nose.

“Fine. YO WASSUP MA HOMIESSS. HOW Y’ALL DOIN’?” Suho did funny hand movements and raised a hand for Se Hun to high five.

“Yikes.” Se Hun said, looking away and scratching his head, “Just stick to old time and formal.” He patted his shoulder.

Suho blinked and put his hand down, “So, how's the break going?” He asked you in a friendly voice.

You shrugged, “It's okay, I'm just glad I don't have to wake up every morning and go to school.”

“We all are.” Suho agreed, nodding.

*A birthday party is just what we need to make noona say 'This was the best break ever!'* Se Hun thought determinedly.

“So, what do you want today?” Suho asked.

“Bubble tea.” Se Hun said at once. “And a chocolate danish!”

“What about you, Haerin?” Suho asked.

“Uhh, a chocolate chip cookie and a vanilla shake.” You told him.

“Be right back.” Suho said, getting up and going to the counter.

“Speaking of birthdays.” Se Hun said randomly.

“We weren't speaking of birthdays.” You blinked, giving him an odd look.

“Well, since we are now.” Se Hun said, giving you a sly smile. “What's your idea of a good birthday present?” He had been wondering what to get you for a while now and decided that he might as well just ask you (indirectly).

“Why?” You asked suspiciously.

“Because, uh, Kai's birthday is coming up! January 14th!” Se Hun told you, nodding.

“Well, whatever suits his taste, I guess.” You shrugged.

“What would YOU want?” Se Hun asked.

“I'm a girl Se Hun, and I'm pretty sure my taste is much different than his.” You said.

“Oh well, then um, there's this girl I know.” Se Hun racked his brain for an excuse. “She's, uh, her birthday is coming up as well! It's on the 17th.”

You gave him a weird look, “Really? What friend? I didn't know you had female friends.” You said. It was true, Se Hun tried avoid girls as much as he could, he said they were weird (mainly cuz of the fangirl weirdos he dealt with). Now he wanted to buy a birthday present for one?

“Oh, um, just this friend. Her name is Kwon Jiyeon.” He thought of a random name on the spot. “Now tell me, what should I get her?”

“Um, I don't know.” You scratched your head. “Oh, Suho's coming, he can help.”

“Oh. Yeah, how wonderful.” Se Hun said lamely, *I'm an idiot.*
“I can help with what?” Suho asked, sitting down.

“Se Hun wants to buy a present for a girl but he doesn't know what to get her.” You explained. Se Hun's eyes widened, *No! You're making it sound all wrong!* he gave Suho a knowing look, hoping he'd catch on.

Suho didn't notice, “Eh?! Really?! Who?! What?! When?! How?! WHY?”

“A BIRTHDAY present for HER.” Se Hun said, casually moving his elbow towards you.

Suho caught on now, but he decided to have some fun. “Well, if you're looking to impress this lady -who I have to meet, of course- and you want to buy her a birthday present, the best thing to buy would be perfume.” Suho nodded.

Se Hun slapped a hand over his face and mumbled, “Never mind.”

Suho grinned and slung an arm around Se Hun, “You can come to me for anything, little bro. Now tell me, who is this girl? Is she pretty? If she's ugly, we're going to have to talk. And is she older? I don't approve of noonas, they can be kind of creepy. Oh and-”
 
“Hyung.” Se Hun gritted his teeth. “Shut. Up.”

Suho laughed and removed his arm.

“Is she the one you were texting this morning?” you asked.

“Se Hun was texting a mysterious person this morning?” Suho yelped.

Se Hun’s eyes widened, “What?! No! I as texting, uh, my dad. Let’s change the topic, those are nice floor tiles. Are they new?”

Suho laughed grinned and you gave Se Hun a weird look, *Floor tiles? What a weirdo.*
At that moment, a waitress came over and gave you your food and drinks.

“I decided to join you guys, do you mind? Hopefully not.” Suho said, sipping his mango smoothie.

“Yes, we do mind. Bye.” Se Hun tried to push Suho off the seat, but Suho didn't budge.

“Fine, I'll sit with Haerin.” Suho said, sliding you over and sitting where you sat last.

“Haerin likes my company, right Haerin?” Suho asked you.

“Um, yeah I guess.” You said.

“Noona likes mine more! Right?” Se Hun eyed
you.

“I like both of your company.” You said, sipping your drink.

“Ha!”

“She said she likes both!” Suho exclaimed, shaking his head.

“Whatever.” Se Hun took a bite out of his danish.

“Your dad owns a lot of little cafes and stuff.” You commented to Suho.

Suho nodded, “He likes to try out new things, especially new cultures. He opened a Spanish and Italian restaurant as well.”

“Oh! Let's go there one day! I've never been to an Italian restaurant!” You said excitedly.

Suho laughed, “Okay.”

“Or we could go to a pizza place.” Se Hun suggested. “Same thing.”

You gave him a look, “Is not.”

“Think what you want.”

The three of you talked some more and finished your snacks and drinks.

“I'm paying today, Se Hun.” You reminded, opening your purse.

“Nope.” Suho shook his head. “It's on the house.”

“Not today it's not.” You argued, standing up and walking to the counter. Suho ran behind you, “Uh, no. I'm older, so you listen to me.” And he tried pushing the money back in your purse.

“No, Suho.” You arrived at the counter.

“You guys,” Suho said to the employees. “Don't accept her money, kay? And if she insists, throw her out.”

The workers gave him odd looks, but nodded.

“I can't believe you.” You said two minutes later, after two employees had grabbed you by the arms when you left your money on the counter. “Are they your slaves?! How come they listen to you like that?”

“Of course not, they just know when to grab a customer by the arms and threaten to throw her out. And hey, it was your first time coming here; I wasn't going to make you pay.” Suho shrugged.

“In that case, we're never coming back.” You said flatly. You both walked back to the table to pick up the garbage.

“Done fighting over money?” Se Hun asked, finishing his bubble tea.

“Yup, I won.” Suho smiled smugly.

“Only because you have a whole clan of workers behind you!” You huffed. “Whatever, we're never coming back!”

“Course you are. You tried the vanilla shake and you know you've never had one like that before. Don't deny it, Haerin.” Suho said, grinning in triumph.

You couldn't argue with that, it had been a great vanilla shake.

“Anyways, I have to go. Come back again.” Suho ruffled your hair and Se Hun's. “Bye.” He waved.

“Don't mess up my hair!” Se Hun grumbled, patting it down.

“Bye, thanks!” You called as he walked away.

“Mention it again!” Suho called back. You and Se Hun exchanged weird looks.

“Maybe he's saying the opposite of don't mention it?” Se Hun shrugged.

“Yeah, weird guy.” You said but smiled. “Let's go.”

Se Hun stood up and the two of you headed back home.

“We left sitting at home, we went to a café and sat over there, now we're coming back home to do more sitting. Productive day, right?” Se Hun commented as the two of you entered the living room.

“Yeah.” You laughed.  “We should do it again!”

“Yupp.” Se Hun nodded in agreement. Suddenly, his phone rang; it was L. He looked at his phone in confusion because they didn’t really talk on the phone, they just texted each other.

“Hello?” Se Hun picked up.

“Come to the police station, and bring Haerin.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helloooo

So I edited this chapter and wrote a big, long authors note.

Then I press 'update chapter' and I find out I wasn't signed in and I had to sign in. So I crossed my fingers and hoped it would still update.

It didn't and my whole authors note was gone and I had to re-edit.

I didn't re-edit it that good (cuz I'm too mad at aff), so excuse the mistakes.

Summary of the previous note: well first I complained about not knowing what to name the chapter. I've been sitting here for half an hour trying to think of a name and now that I have, sorry because it's lame.

Onto more important matters.

HAVE YOU ALL CAUGHT YIXINGITUS?!

CUZ I HAVEN'T SHOWN YOU A PICTURE OF LAY FOR SO LONG, YOU GUYS ARE LAY-DEPRIVED!

Dont worry, I'll cure you! I can be your Lay-doctor, call me Doctor Lay! (LOLL get it? xD I'm so weird)

Kay, I am never getting over this picture. EVER.

Or this one, omg Chen looks so young. They look like brothers! Omg, I'm tearing up -wipes tears-

Kay, now just stare at the Lay. Stare at him, and you'll be cured~!

Kay BYEBYEEE~!

Sorry for the lame title again.

The other note was longer but I've lost the energy to re-write it.

I write a big long note every chapter.

But I still have so much to say LOL. I talk a lot.

Comment~! :D

And the pictures aren't mine, credit to the owners~