This time, Damsel in Distress

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

Seyong his lips nervously as he rang the doorbell. He checked his reflection from his iPhone, and practiced his smile.

The door opened to reveal Mrs Kang and she smiled at him warmly. "Oh Seyong ah! You're so early today!"

Seyong reddened and rubbed the back of his neck. "Ah.. Good morning Mrs Kang."

Mrs Kang ushered him in and brought him a cup of tea. "I'm afraid Insoo hasn't even woken up yet. Stay here while I wake him alright?" she turned to go when Seyong stopped her.

"No need to!" he blurted. Mrs Kang looked at him curiously. "I mean.." Seyong looked at the floor, not daring to meet her gaze. "I'm not here for Insoo hyung today. I'm here to send Eunji to work."

A knowing smile appeared on Mrs Kang's face and she smiled brilliantly, as if she was already attending Eunji's wedding.

"Oh I see." she nodded approvingly. "I think she's up. I'll get her down."

Seyong bowed respectfully and rubbed his hands nervously. He came over to the Kang family house many times with MyName and all. But never did he come for Eunji, and never had he felt so nervous.

*Will she be unhappy to see me?* Seyong frowned. *Will she not want me to send her to work? Oh god Kim Seyong you're losing your Busan man's confidence!!*

A crash was heard upstairs as Eunji ran down the stairs. "I'm late!" she squealed, and downed the cup of Milo on the table that Mrs Kang left for her. She didn't even notice Seyong at first, and dashed straight for the door.

She stopped in front of it for several seconds and scratched her head. "Am I dreaming?" she muttered.

She rubbed her eyes a few times and turned around, only to see Seyong raising his brows amusedly at her. Her eyes turned wide and she pinched herself on her arm. HARD.

"OWWWW!!" she yelped and rubbed her arm. Seyong rushed to her side and inspected her self-inflicted wound. "Why did you do that for?" he chided softly.

Eunji blinked up at him. "You're really here? Seyong Oppa? I thought I was dreaming." she gaped.

Seyong chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Aren't you happy to see me? I thought I wanted to send you to work today." he tried not to turn red as he said it.

Thankfully, Eunji didn't notice his reddening cheeks and smiled brilliantly. "You are? Thank you Seyong Oppa!" she beamed. "Just when I was going to be late too!"

Seyong chuckled and pushed her out of the door, guiding her to his bicycle. "With this Oppa, I'll make sure you'll never be late." he promised.

Eunji's heart warmed and she got onto the bike behind him. He made her hug him tight to prevent from falling, and she sighed contently as she laid her head on his back.

*I think I'm falling in love with Seyong Oppa again.* she thought dreamily, watching his red hair flutter in the winds.

 


Her mood was immediately ruined when she saw a familiar hot hunk waiting for her at the entrance of the beach. Wu Ji frowned. *Isn't he ever going to give up? I told him I'm not going to be his model!*

She made Seyong stop away from where Junhyung stood and got off the bike. "Thanks for sending me to work, Seyong Oppa. You saved my life." she beamed.

Seyong chuckled and ruffled her hair again. "Anything for you, Eunji. Too bad you're going with Insoo Hyung to school from now onwards, or I'll come pick you up everyday."

Eunji suddenly felt utter frustration towards her unknowing ing brother. If only Insoo didn't exist! Seyong would send her to school every day and she could hug his back and ogle at his manly silhouette! KYAAA~~

"I'll go now. Don't be late for work." Seyong winked, and cycled off. Eunji stared adoringly at him, until she remembered some irritating guy that was just metres away from her. She couldn't afford to let Seyong see Junhyung. He might think she was some sort of a for someone who painted such o pictures to come looking for her as a model.

She turned and glared at Junhyung, before storming over to him. Junhyung jumped when Eunji suddenly appeared from nowhere, and growled at him fiercely. "What are you doing here again Yong Junhyung? Didn't I tell you NOOOOO???" she hollered.

Junhyung blinked. He frowned and looked back at the road he was waiting at. Didn't she always come from this way? "Hey, you went a different way today." he commented.

Eunji shot him a glare. "That's not your business!" she yelled. "Can't you get it Yong Junhyung? I DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR MODEL! Don't come here anymore!" she demanded.

Junhyung yawned and looked bored.

"Hey! I'm telling you not to come here anymore!" she frowned. "I don't want to be your model!"

Junhyung stared at the tree behind her, seemingly looking very interested.

"YAHHH!" Eunji waved her hands in front of him and he didn't look at her at all. She gave a haaarrumpphhh! of frustration, and stalked into her working place to change into her diving suit and resume her life guard duties. Junhyung chuckled to himself as he watched her storm away angrily.

"If she would let me paint her, I'd paint her angry expression first." he told himself.

 

 

Junhyung was bored out of his mind. Eunji wouldn't take any notice of him after he ignored her in the morning, and she wouldn't go a ten metre radius close to him.

He didn't have anything to do, but just watch her expressions while she looked out at sea. Her eyes were constantly darting around to see if anyone was in danger in the waters, and she didn't seem to mind the hot sun nor sweating like a horse. He found it weird that a girl would like to have such a manly job, but it just made her more interesting to him than before.

*I think painting her in her diving suit would be cute as well.* Junhyung thought, as he watched Eunji puff her cheeks and use her binoculars to look out at sea.

All of a sudden, the peace on the beach was disrupted when a high pitched scream was heard. Some splashing was seen far out at sea and Eunji quickly used her binioculars to get a better view of what was happening.

A child had fallen into the water after her float drifted away from her. Eunji turned into full professional life guard mode and ran quickly into the waters, passing people like a blur. She dived into and used her awesome swimming techniques to get to the child quickly, hauling her up to the water surface.

"Don't panic. You're going to be alright." she told the child as she swam both of them nearer to the beach.

The child's father was paddling towards them with a pale and worried expression and he took the child from Eunji's arms and thanked her, before swimming back to shore with his child safe in his arms. Eunji smiled in delight that a life was saved, and she began her way back to the shore slowly.

A sudden pain in her right foot made her eyes go wide and she frantically tried to kick her feet to propel her forwards. A cramp. She had gotten a cramp for suddenly running so quickly and dashing into the sea to save that child. It was hurting so bad, and she had lost all ability to stay afloat.

*And to think I'm a life guard!* Eunji thought desperately as she tried to use her other leg to paddle. Her right foot was hurting madly right then, and her body began sinking into the water. She looked up and saw the surface of the water, where sunlight was making it shimmer delightfully. But she couldn't reach it.

She closed her eyes and opened them again, wishing it was just a dream. She was just happily riding Seyong's bike hours ago and now she was going to die. A freaking life guard was going to die from a freaking leg cramp.

The people on shore didn't notice that the life guard hadn't appeared after the child was saved. They were too focused on the child who was now crying in the comfort of her parent's embrace. They didn't notice someone sinking in the water and no one could save her.

Only Junhyung.

He waited for Eunji to come up to shore, to comment on her recent life saving activity with his snarky comments already prepared in his head, when he realized she was taking too long to come up. He saw a certain splashing of water and his eyes widened, seeing Eunji sink further down.

Without a moment's hesitation, he dived into the sea and swam strongly against the currents to where Eunji was. Her eyes were already closed when he got there, and she was sinking further down and almost reaching the coral reefs that grew on the sea bed.

Junhyung never held his breath for such a long time before. He dived down and wrapped an arm round Eunji's thin waist, and pulled her out of the water desperately. Her body was limp as he hauled her up the shore and he patted her cheeks anxiously.

"Kang Eunji! Wake up damn it!" he growled, patting her cheeks repeatedly. Her body was turning colder by the second and she wasn't breathing.

Yong Junhyung did the only thing he knew what to do.

A mouth to mouth resuscitation.

He didn't think much when his lips touched hers, only how soft hers were. But he couldn't really do a comparison since it was the first time he had actually kissed a girl, and the situation was a little too worrying for him to dwell on the softness of her lips.

He pumped air into and kept urging her to breath. Perspiration trickled down his forehead as he fought to keep her alive. She wasn't going to die. Not before he painted a picture of her.

Finally, after what seemed like a million years to him, Eunji coughed water and began spluttering. Her eyes opened and she squinted at him, sighing faintly. "Whaaa?" she breathed.

Junhyung heaved a sigh of relief, and only when the crowd began cheering did he realize that people had began gathering to watch their little performance. She sat up and Junhyung helped her up, watching her face slowly regain colour.

"What happened?" Eunji asked, still groggy in her head.

Some ahjumma in the crowd helpfully provided her the answer. "You almost got drowned and this young man here saved you from the water and even did mouth to mouth resuscitation on you to save you!"

Eunji's eyes widened as her gaze landed on Junhyung. She pointed to him as she let out a squeak.

"This young man?" she yelped.

"Yeah this young man!"

Eunji paled and she scrambled up immediately. "KYAAA MY FIRST KISS!!!!" She hollered and ran away before Junhyung could grab onto her to make sure she was alright.