The Devil's Favorite Artist

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

After the episode at the stationary store which Eunji really didn't want to think about, Eunji found herself being pulled by Junhyung again to somewhere else.

Eunji's eyes widened at the familiar entrance which she had dreaded coming to just a month ago.

"The Art Museum?" Eunji blinked. She looked back at Junhyung hesitantly. "Why did you bring us to the art museum?"

Junhyung remained silent and he opened his car door, gesturing for her to get out as well. Eunji frowned in puzzlement as she followed behind him.

Instead of going in through the main entrance, Junhyung pulled them to the side exit where no one would go to.

Junhyung handed Eunji something from a bad she didn't even notice him bring. Eunji felt even more confused when she saw what he had given her.

It was a blonde wig and some pink fuffly mink coat.

"Yah Yong Junhyung...what's happening?" Eunji started slowly, feeling confused.

Junhyung bit his lip. "We're going in to look at the art pieces where some of my art will be shown. We have to disguise to get in."

"Why?" Eunji blurted without thinking. It felt completely ridiculous to her for him to need disguise to be able to see his own work. It was like needing a security check to enter your own home.

Junhyung's face darkened. "Just...reasons." he muttered. "I don't want to let other people know that we came here."

*Specifically you. I can't risk my mother and Manager Hyung knowing of your existence.* he thought.

Eunji wrinkled her nose as she tried on her pink mink coat and blonde wig. "I bet it's because you're embarrassed to admit you just want to check on your own works." she mumbled.

Junhyung pretended not to hear. It was better not to explain his intentions to her, and he didn't like explaining anyway.

He put on his geeky glasses and a cap, fixing a mustache on himself. He looked at Eunji and did a double take.

She looked really different with the blonde hair and pink mink coat. She looked like a mix-blooded Korean who was really rich. *And cute.* Junhyung added in his mind.

Eunji saw Junhyung in his weird get up and began laughing. "You look ridiculous!" she guffawed as she pointed at him.

Junhyung turned slightly red as he pulled his cap down. "Shut up." he muttered as he took her wrist and led her inside again.

Eunji slightly glanced at his broad shoulders and realized that they were really broad, and comfortable looking. *Maybe even broader than Seyong Oppa's.* she thought.

Junhyung led her to one of the most popular exhibitions currently showing, that had gathered several great pieces including his own. The familiar atmosphere of the high class place made Eunji a little afraid. What if she did something wrong here?

A waiter offered them champagne and Eunji shook her head. She swallowed as she watched the rows of delicious looking drinks, but she didn't dare take it again. She just didn't fit in here, even if she wasn't wearing a cleaner uniform but some real decent clothes.

Junhyung raised a brow at her. "You didn't take it." he noticed.

Eunji shrugged. She lowered her gaze and drew circles on the ground with her feet. "I figured don't fit well here, so it'd be weird if I try to swirl the cup in the wrong way, and drink classily."

"But that didn't stop you the previous time." Junhyung's expression was unreadable, as he searched her eyes intently.

Eunji fidgeted uncomfortably as other guests around the exhibition were looking at this young couple that was standing awkwardly at the middle of the hall.

"That's because I was too disturbed by your dirty paintings the other time!" Eunji huffed. She glared at him. "Did you bring me here to pollute my mind again?"

Junhyung silently took her hand again and led her inside. He passed by paintings by other famous artists in the whole of South Korea, that were already seasoned artists and had a lot of experience. It was a great honor for his works to be displayed in the same place as theirs.

"What do you think of these?" he asked.

It was a painting by one of the renowned painter in Korea, called Park Myungsoo. (Hahaha i know) It showed a beautiful waterfall painting, which details were fine and looked absolutely real.

Eunji was mesmerized by the view in the painting, it looked so beautiful. She was speechless for a good few seconds till she finally turned to look at Junhyung.

"It's beautiful." she muttered.

Junhyung nodded. "He is my favorite artist." he tucked his hands into his pockets and admired the picture.

"He wasn't born into a well to do family." he continued. "In fact he was rather poor. He didn't have the money to buy the art materials unlike me. He didn't have the materials readily at hand and when he got the inspiration, he had to sketch them down on sand first before he could paint them out. His family didn't support his artistic career unlike mine."

"That sounds harsh." Eunji mumbled, deep in thought.

Junhyung nodded solemnly. "For someone pursuing a dream which you're unsure of the results, support is really important. That's why I admire him. Because he manages to pull through and let everyone else know of his talent."

Eunji nodded in understanding. She kind of understood what he was talking about. It was indeed difficult for someone to stay determined even in such circumstances.

She was just about to make some comment about how pretty the picture looked, when Junhyung suddenly spoke again.

"But that's not the real reason he's my favorite artist." he muttered. His eyes were dark, his face emotionless. "To be honest, every other artist out there has my envy."

Eunji was shocked to hear him talk like that. It was soulful, thoughtful, as if he had thought of this topic for so many times already.

"Because they can have freedom." it was so soft, Eunji almost didn't catch it.

She had wanted to ask what he meant by that, but Junhyung was lost in his thoughts while he gazed softly at the picture in what Eunji recognized as admiration and envy.

She wondered what was lacking in this perfect boy's like that made him so unhappy. He didn't have any reason to be.

He was rich like hell. He had the good looks others couldn't have even if they wanted. He had the talent. He had good grades. He could capture the whole planet female population's hearts if he just put his mind to it.

So why did he look so envious of what a poor artist had? He was so many times more successful, but why was that envy present in his eyes? Is it greed on his own part, or is it ... something else?

Junhyung caught Eunji staring at him and threw her a smirk, effectively snapping her of her trance. "Handsome?" he teased lightly.

Eunji rolled her eyes. "Who? Seyong Oppa?" she walked away triumphantly.

Junhyung ignored the Seyong comment and turned back to look at the painting he was admiring just seconds ago. *If only I could have the freedom like that...it'd be great. To show the public what's really in the inner Junhyung rather than what I show now.*

Eunji wandered to another part of the exhibition while Junhyung was still absorbed in his thoughts.

They pictured paintings from Junhyung. Which were of course all a little too crude to be shown to the public. They were ual again. Dirty. Some were trying to portray him in a flower bad boy image that attracted many girls.

Eunji didn't know why, but she felt that all those paintings that were displayed...they weren't the real Yong Junhyung.

The Yong Junhyung that opened his heart slightly to her moments before was totally different from someone who would spend their time ogling at women's bodies.

That Yong Junhyung was charismatic, sensitive, deep and soulful.

"Kang Eunji." Eunji turned around to find a cup of champagne in front of her.

Junhyung nodded for her to take it. He sipped on his own and sighed softly. "Sometimes it's okay to do something without caring what others may think of it." he offered.

Eunji felt a little moved as she took the glass from him. "Thank you."

Junhyung glanced at her and smirked. "Why? Falling in love me already? How about your Seyong Oppa?"

"YAH YONG JUNHYUNG!!" Eunji roared.

Junhyung laughed in amusement and walked away, continuing with his admiring of art works.

Eunji looked down at the glass of champagne and back at Junhyung's retreating back.

*I really don't know him sometimes. There seems to be something deeper in that Evil Devil than I thought.*