Reasons for the Devil's Smile

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

Eunji and Insoo approached the rest of the MyName members in the morning. Sunhee greeted Eunji with enthusiasm like always. Chaejin read his book, JunQ looking blur, Gunwoo's attention suddenly focusing on Sunhee.

Seyong saw Eunji come and didn't meet her gaze.

He looked away awkwardly, clearing his throat and trying to amuse himself with something else to look at.

Insoo saw and frowned. "Something happened between you and my sister?" he whispered. "Whenever she comes to school you'll brighten up like a bulb but today when she appears you don't look happy like always."

Seyong lowered his gaze to the floor. "It's nothing much." he muttered. "I think maybe I'm just paranoid but-"

He looked up and saw the words "Junhyung's Property" vaguely present on Eunji's wrist. She still wasn't able to wash the ink off completely.

He flinched and looked away. "I think I'm going to class first. I have some undone work to finish." he mumbled and walked away quickly.

Eunji watched him go and her face fell. *Seyong oppa must have misunderstood about me and Yong Junhyung. Maybe he even thought I went home from out date early to meet Yong Junhyung.*

Sunhee saw Eunji's downcast expression and frowned. She shared a worried expression with Insoo. Insoo carefully approached Eunji, wanting to ask what was wrong, when he saw the faded ink on Eunji's wrist.

"Junhyung's Property?" Insoo screeched loudly, attracting a whole lot of attention.

JunQ waved awkwardly at the rest of the students. "It's nothing to worry about! Our Insoo hyung isn't gay!"

Eunji hid her wrist and flushed red under Insoo's reprimanding glare. "What's with that?" Insoo growled. "Are you and Junhyung together already? And what's wrong with you and Seyong today?"

Eunji gritted her teeth when she remembered what happened. "I was out with Seyong oppa yesterday-" she began.

"WHATTT??" Insoo yelped. "You two were on a date and I didn't know??" he massaged his temples. "Oh gosh someday you two are going to get married and I wouldn't know until you have babies!"

"Oppa!" Eunji flushed red. "Anyway," she continued. "Yong Junhyung kept ruining our date for us. I wouldn't say how he did it, but he even waited for me at our house after that, and I think Seyong oppa may have misunderstood that I used Insoo oppa as an excuse to go home early to meet Junhyung."

Gunwoo's face was grim. "And I suppose be saw that words on your wrist as well."

Eunji nodded sadly. "I only found it when I got home!" she grumbled. "It's just supposed to be a prank but it came at the wrong time..." she pouted.

Insoo softened. "Fine. Then I guess that's great for Junhyung. Stay angry for as long as possible Eunji! I wouldn't allow for a Kang descendent to forgive that Junhyung so easily!" he warned.

Sunhee shook her head disapprovingly. Truth be told, she found the Eunji-Junhyung couple much more adorable compared to Eunji-Seyong. She thought what Junhyung had done was a little mean, especially when Eunji must have anticipated the date for ages beforehand, but it wad understandable.

From what she saw, the emotionless Yong Junhyung had been jealous.

But seeing Eunji in her angriest yet, Sunhee didn't dare say anything. Perhaps that emotionless Yong Junhyung has to redeem himself, for the smile to appear on Eunji's face once again.

 

 

"Yah Kang Eunji." Junhyung nudged her.

Eunji shot him a glare. "Don't talk to me. I hate you, remember?" she hissed fiercely.

Junhyung frowned. Was she that mad? All he did was embarrass her in front of Seyong for a little bit. Did it matter to her that much, what Seyong thought of her?

If you had to maintain that wonderful image all the time in front of the person you like, it's going to be so tiring.

Junhyung nudged her again. "Just talk to me will you? It's just a date with freaking red head." he muttered.

Eunji growled inwardly. She glared at him fiercely, her nostrils flaring from anger. "For your information, it's Kim Seyong, not red head." she hissed back. "And a date with him is important to me and you know it! Why must you ruin it? Because you like me suffering?"

Junhyung bit his lips. *No. Because I can't bear to see you and him together, for reasons I cannot fathom.*

"Yah Kang Eunji." Junhyung nudged her again when she wouldn't respond to him.

To his surprise, Eunji's hand rose up in the air, successfully gaining the teacher's attention. "Seongsaengnim! Junhyung sshi is disturbing me in my work! Can you please shut him up?"

Junhyung's eyes widened, as did the other Beast members. This girl really has guts. Doojoon smirked when the teacher made Junhyung stand outside the classroom as a punishment, which was rather embarrassing since they were already in university, not in grade school.

Junhyung grumbled under his breath and went outside, much to Eunji's delight. She went back to her homework and doodled a hundred ways to kill Yong Junhyung on her paper.

 

 

"How can you appease an angry girl?" Junhyung muttered, his eyes downcasted. He has tried numerous times to approach Eunji but that stubborn pig just wouldn't give him a chance.

Yoseob tapped his chin. "Hmm this seems like a serious matter.." he looked at the Beast members.

"BUT WHY DO I FEEL LIKE LAUGHING?" he suddenly guffawed, clutching his tummy for effect. "Junhyung hyung asking us for advice on girls!!! HAHAHA!"

Junhyung's face turned irritably black as he shot a look at the visual maknae. "Shut it." he hissed.

Dongwoon recovered from laughing and took deep breaths. "Well you can say you're sorry." he shrugged. "That's common sense."

Junhyung frowned. "I'm Yong Junhyung." he declared, as if it was an answer.

Kikwang laughed. "He means Yong Junhyung doesn't say sorry, ever."

"Give her a gift or something?" Hyunseung suggested. He shot a suspicious look at Junhyung. "But why do you care if she's angry or not? It's awfully suspicious. The Yong Junhyung we know doesn't care about such things."

The Beast members nodded enthusiastically, awaiting his answer.

Junhyung shook his head. "I don't know. I'm not sure if I love her if that's what you mean." he shrugged.

He lowered his gaze thoughtfully. "But I can say she's really important to me." he mumbled. "And she's the reason why I'm smiling these days. I can't imagine without her."

Doojoon chuckled to himself. *You're getting there Junhyung. You're getting there.*