His Life as an Artist

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

Junhyung left the familiar beach again, his day's efforts fruitless. He had gone to the beach to look for that darned Kang Eunji for a whole week, and that hard headed girl Juar wouldn't agree.

He couldn't understand her decision, and she just wouldn't hear him explain. And it wasn't like he was really good in talking to persuade her anyway.

The only way he knew was to annoy her repeatedly till she agreed.

He was surprised to see the Beast members waiting for him outside the beach after his fruitless expedition. They seemed to be watching him with strange expressions, teasing and knowing.

"So you're really here." Doojoon commented, smirking.

Junhyung rolled his eyes. The Beast members had missed Junhyung's presence for the entire week, which was strange because they found out from his manager that he wasn't starting on any project yet.

When they asked him, he wouldn't say anything. It was due to Kikwang's efforts to try to flirt with Sunhee that was working at the beach's restaurant that he saw his Hyung going there to annoy a certain life guard.

The Beast members were really surprised that their Yong Junhyung had actually spent so much effort in trying to get this particular model. "She didn't agree? Again?" Hyunseung asked.

Junhyung nodded grimly and drank a whole bottle of water at a go. Trying to talk to that stubborn girl was seriously taking a lot of his energy. "She wouldn't even of the idea." Junhyung stated.

"I don't get why she doesn't want to be Junhyung hyung's model." Dongwoon frowned. "It's so prestigious and a great honor. Does she know that there are plenty of world class models wanting to be painted by you?"

Junhyung nodded, remembering how they ran into the SNSD girls the first time he tried to talk to her. He has thought she was convinced of his popularity and reliability then, but she didn't seem impressed that even SNSD wanted to be painted by him. It was infuriating.

"And she wasn't impressed?" Kikwang blurted, his eyes wide. "Wow." he frowned at Junhyung. "But why don't you just find someone else? I think Jessica and Seohyun from SNSD are not bad."

"Especially if you paint them ." Doojoon and Hyungseung said at the same time and high fived each other.

Junhyung ignored them and stared out of the car's window. There wasn't anybody he was willing to waste his efforts painting after he saw Kang Eunji. They just weren't right.

"I want to paint her. And only her." Junhyung growled. "I can't find her innocence in anyone else. I want to capture every of her expression. Anyone else just doesn't cut it."

"Not even one of the SNSD or f(x) or T-ara members?" Dongwoon asked, shooting his Hyung an incredulous look.

Junhyung gave a pissed face. "Yes. Not even them."

Yoseob shuddered. "Okay. I'm getting freaked out. It sounds as if Junhyung Hyung is in love. "

"And it's scares me!" Kikwang shuddered, making a face.

Junhyung rolled his eyes. "I just want to paint her. It's nothing else." he assured. Doojoon remained silent while his dongsaeng's were arguing. He looked at Junhyung knowingly, knowing someday he would go back on what he just said.

 


"Junhyung sshi, your recent exhibition on the Beauty of Seduction has been a great hit, have you any plans to carry out your next series of projects?" a reporter asked while Junhyung returned to his house.

Junhyung ignored the reporters and kept walking, keeping his emotionless expression. He was used to this; this continuous bugging, this non-stop probing into his life.

And he was tired of it. But there was nothing he could do about it, he loved painting and was good at it, and it was just a price he had to pay if he wanted to continue with what he was doing.

"Junhyung sshi please answer our questions!" the reporters screamed and Junhyung shut the gates in their faces.

He smirked and stalked into the house, slightly irritated with them, and also some stubborn life guard that just wouldn't listen to him.

He was startled to find his mother and his manager discussing something in the living room. His father had passed away in an accident when he was young, leaving his mother to care for him solely. They came from a rich family, and she made sure her son's artistic talent was fully exploited.

"Junhyung, you're here!" Mrs Yong smiled and gestured for him to go nearer. "Come here, we have some things to discuss."

"Eommonim. Manager hyung." Junhyung nodded in response.

The manager was someone hired especially to monitor Junhyung's artistic development and buy his art supplies. He found many sponsors for Junhyung's work, and managed his exhibition.

"We were just discussing your next projects, Junhyung." the manager told him. "We think you should continue with your theme of seduction, it was rather successful the last time. The public likes this sort of thing."

"I think we should engage the f(x) girls this time." Mrs Yong continued without waiting for Junhyung's response. "They won the recent modeling competition, I think they would make your works more famous if you paint them."

"That's a great idea!" The Manager exclaimed. "We can use Krystal. I think she has this y vibe. Victoria's quite a good choice too."

Junhyung fumed. He was the one to paint the works, but why were they deciding everything for him? This has happened every single time, and however he tried to resist, they would get their way.

"I don't want to use f(x)." Junhyung cut in.

"Oh you don't?" The manager looked disappointed. "It's fine. I think the T-ara girls are not bad choices as well."

"Yes I think we can use Jiyeon or Qri-" Mrs Song started saying, when Junhyung really couldn't take it any longer. Did they even care about what he thought? It was HIS paintings for god's sake.

"Stop." he growled, effective shutting the two adults and making them look at him confusedly. "I don't want to paint f(x), I don't want to paint T-ara. Even if you find me SNSD or Kara, I won't want them. I want to do something different this time."

"But you don't know what the public likes!" Mrs Song frowned, displeased. "We've found that they like y and seductive paintings, so we should continue with that. Don't interrupt, Junhyung. Just let us do the planning."

"I am the painter if you forgot." Junhyung snarled. "I've painted everything you asked me to for so many years. Isn't it time for me to decide what my brushes want to do? I'll decide my next line of pictures myself."

"Junhyung! Stop this ridiculous conversation!" The manager snapped. "This isn't going to turn out well if you plan it commercially. You think art is all about drawing what you want to? It's also about what the public wants to see."

Junhyung glared intensely at them. "I will decide for myself this time. If I don't do well, don't publish my paintings for all I care. You can tell the reporters that I was taking a break or something. I will not let myself paint anything else than I want to from now on."

With that, he stormed into his room and slammed the door. He picked up the first picture he had drawn when he was two. It was a mess of colours, when he first experimented with crayons. Messy as it was, it was what his heart had wanted. It was the only picture he had a say in. The rest was just drawing what others told him to.

"I'm going to draw what I want." Junhyung muttered. "I don't believe art is giving people what they want. I believe art is expressing what I want, and influencing people to want them too."