Waiting

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

Eunji never felt more excited in her life.

She had spent the entire of the previous night worrying about what to wear. Her wardrobe was turned upside down just to find the perfect outfit. She even tried on small amounts of makeup which she never even did when she went on the date with Seyong.

She didn't know why she was so bothered and caught up in this, but the thought that she was going out with Yong Junhyung made her wildly excited.

She prepared early and got out of the house at four in the afternoon even though Junhyung arranged for them to meet at five at the Museum which wasn't far from her house.

The prospect of meeting him, just him, not for work, but really as friends on a day out (and perhaps more) was even more appealing to her than meeting the cute Teddy bears.

She skipped all the way to the bus stop and took a short five minute bus ride to the Teddy Bear museum. Her phone rang and Eunji immediately whipped it from her bag, thinking it was Junhyung.

She was surprised at how disappointed she felt when she saw Seyong's name flashing on the screen. Shouldn't she be elated instead?

"Yeoboseyo? Seyong oppa?" Eunji answered.

"Eunji ah?" Seyong's happy voice came ringing from the other end of the line. Eunji smiled. Seyong was always warm and considerate to her.

"I'm on my way to your house now with cakes." Seyong told her. "Insoo hyung made me buy some, and I brought more for you."

Eunji bit her lip. *He's going to my house?* "Seyong oppa, I'm not at home right now." she muttered guiltily.

"Eh?" Seyong sounded surprised. "You're not? Oh." the disappointment in his voice made Eunji flinch. "Mianhae Seyong oppa I didn't know you were coming."

"It's okay." Seyong replied. "I'll make sure Insoo hyung doesn't eat all the cake and leave some for you. Where are you?"

Eunji got off the bus. "I'm going to the Teddy Bear museum." she beamed as she walked towards the grand entrance where she was supposed to meet Junhyung.

"The Teddy Bear Museum?" Seyong sounded interested. "By yourself?"

"No..." Eunji stuttered. "I'm going with Junhyung oppa."

"Junhyung...oppa." Seyong repeated. A moment of silence passed and Eunji grew increasingly anxious.

"It's okay. I'll see you at school then." Seyong finally replied. "Have fun Eunji ah."

Eunji bade him goodbye and bit her lip, staring at her phone. Why did she feel this guilty? She wasn't even in a relationship with Seyong and she most certainly wasn't going on a date with Junhyung.

Why then did she feel like she just betrayed Seyong?

 

 

"Where are you going?"

Junhyung spun round at the annoying voice and winced inwardly. Hyejin strolled up to him in her always y manner and smiled at him, casually touching his chest. "It's Saturday and we haven't gone out. We should."

Junhyung grabbed her hands and placed them back at her sides: their rightful place. "I have an appointment." he muttered darkly.

Hyejin looked at him. "With who? I'm sure he isn't more important than me, Junnie oppa."

*It's a she, not he. And you're hella wrong because she's a thousand times better than you.* he thought silently. He looked at her trying not to let his emotions show. "Just let me go, Hyejin. I've already decided."

Hyejin crossed her arms. "No. I want to watch the fireworks with you tonight, Junnie oppa. I'm not letting you go."

"I'm not your dog, Hyejin." Junhyung snarled as he viciously glared at her. Just then, Mrs Yong came down the steps and eyed the two suspiciously. "Something wrong?"

Hyejin immediately flashed her sweetest puppy smile ever. "Nothing much Omonim. Just that Junnie oppa is choosing his friends over me." she pouted sadly.

Mrs Yong sent a disapproving look at him. "Junhyung. Just bring Hyejin where she wants to go. You can go out with your friends another day."

*But Kang Eunji's not just my friend damn it.*Junhyung gritted his teeth. *I can't just leave her like this.*

"Go Junhyung. Or I'll make sure you regret it." Mrs Ying warned.

Junking growled inwardly, making his way to get his phone and wanting to tell Eunji that their meeting was off. Before he could send her a text, Hyejin stole his phone away.

"I want you to focus only on me while we are alone, Junnie oppa." Hyejin whined. She stuffed his phone into her bag and grinned. "I'll return this to you tomorrow, if go on a date with me tonight."

"Give it back to me." Junhyung snarled viciously. Hyejin smirked. "Tomorrow, Junnie oppa."

Junhyung watched her go with a sinking heart. *How am I supposed to tell Kang Eunji that the meeting's canceled then? What if she waits?*

 

 

The third time she was glancing at the time in the last five minutes. Junhyung hadn't turned up and Eunji was out freezing in the cold while waiting for him.

She had arrived half an hour earlier at 4:30, and it was already 7:30.  Half an hour till the Teddy Bear Museum closes.

*Where is the devil?* Eunji frowned. *Why hasn't he arrived and why didn't he pick up his phone?*

She had dialed his number so many times that her phone had died from lack of battery. So many couples were looking sf her weirdly while she waited out in the cold.

She honestly didn't know why she was still waiting for hi.  The Kang Eunji in the past would have just gone off angrily, and waited for the next time to scream her lungs out at Junhyung.

But the Teddy Bear Museum didn't matter anymore. What mattered was that he had to appear. He had to turn up for her to continue to smile. Even if he came after the museum closed for the day, she would forgive him, because he came.

But he never did.

It was nine at night, and Eunji gave up on waiting. She had this strand urge to cry even though she wasn't someone weak like that. The thought that he didn't turn up made her extremely disappointed.

Cold and hungry, Eunji wandered to the nearby shopping mall in search of dinner. She passed by the neoprint centre where there were lots of instant photo printing machines where couples could go in for cute instant photos and have them printed.

She was about to go when she heard something.

"Junnie oppa!"

She stopped in her tracks. *Junhyung oppa?*

"Junnie oppa come on! Let's take a picture! Come closer!" the voice from inside the curtains rang out. From the bottom half of their bodies, Eunji could see a couple pressed close to each other as they took the photo.

Eunji shook her head.

It wasn't Junhyung. It wasn't her Junhyung. No way.