The Artist Ball

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

Junhyung's blood ran cold. "What did you say?"

The male student that had just burst into the hallways, screaming something about an accident in front of the school stopped in his tracks and turned to Junhyung. "Sunbaenim?"

"I asked," Junhyung gritted his teeth. "What. Did. You. Say?"

The male student paled. "I said, t-there was an a-accident in front of the school, and one of the p-people involved is Kang E-Eunji, I t-think." he stuttered.

Junhyung's face was devoid of all colors as he ran. He never felt so scared in his life. Accident? Eunji? "Don't let anything happen to you, pig. I don't know if I can live without you anymore." he muttered.

He ran to the scene, and saw Eunji being covered with a blanket and drinking hot choco....smiling. He stopped in front of her, cupping her cheeks to look at her. Eunji blinked up at him, curious.

His heart suddenly raced fast, and the colors came back to his face. He suddenly looked alive again, and he felt a huge huge burden drop from his heart. *Thank God.* he almost collapsed with relief.

"Junhyung oppa?" Eunji smiled at him.

Junhyung closed his eyes for a moment to calm himself and he let his hands fall to his sides, knowing that there were people around looking. "You're alive." he croaked.

Eunji nodded, beaming like a mad cow. Wait, mad cows don't beam...but whatever. "Yeah!" she exclaimed. "I was just standing right there," she pointed at where the car had collided with the school's wall, and was burnt black and smashed beyond recognition. "And this car drove towards me all of a sudden! I was so scared! Thank goodness for Key oppa who saved me!"

Junhyung froze. "Key. Oppa." he repeated.

Eunji nodded. She looked over at another guy who was sitting near her, also covered with a blanket and sipping on his hot chocolate, but the paramedics were tending to his sprained ankle. Junhyung eyed Key critically, while the latter smiled sheepishly at them.

"Me and Key Oppa are friends now." Eunji told Junhyung. "He explained to me that he knew it was wrong to try to ...ugh you know.. But he really wants to be friends now, no funny business. He even saved my life, Junhyung oppa."

"Friends." Junhyung repeated, looking at Key and back at her. "You and Key. Friends."

Eunji nodded. She peeked at him timidly. "Do you not approve?" she squeaked. "I mean, he did save my life and all. If not for him, I wouldn't be sitting here without a single injury, but instead within that pile of crushed metal." she shuddered. "And he even got a sprained ankle because of it and-"

A hand covered itself on Eunji's mouth, effectively shutting her up. Junhyung sighed. "Arraso. Friends." he nodded reluctantly. Eunji's face brightened and beamed at Key. "You hear that, Key oppa? We can be friends!"

Key smiled back happily, nodding gratefully at Junhyung. Junhyung massaged his temples and closed his eyes. *Just tolerate, young man. You can do this.*

He looked back down at Eunji who was happily drinking her hot chocolate and smiling at anyone who came to ask about her welfare, and he sighed in contentment. *At least I didn't lose you, Kang Eunji.* he thought as he her cheek absent-mindedly.

 

 

Junhyung cleared his throat uncomfortably while Eunji beamed. "I hope you all don't mind if Key Oppa sits with us today!" she smiled.

Insoo eyed Key critically, still not forgetting how this guy tried to his sister. But he did save her life too. It was puzzling.

JunQ and Chaejin didn't know anything about suspicion and doubt, and welcomed Key with opened arms. "Of course he's welcomed! He saved Eunji noona!" Chaejin smiled cutely.

Key grinned at them and settled himself beside Eunji. Seyong frowned, still not having a good feeling about this guy. But he chose not to say anything, like Insoo.

The Beast members didn't like Key from the start, as they had known the rivalry between Junhyung and Key from the beginning. They knew Key always wanted to compete with Junhyung when Junhyung didn't want to. Junhyung had minded his own business since he was young, but this freaking diva just liked to compare everything. He had imagined this competition between him and Junhyung for every single activity and only made himself miserable.

"I've said it to Eunji, but I'll say it to all of you again." he told them. "I hope you all don't blame me anymore for trying to...you know. I was wrong. It was just the spur of the moment and I know all of you agree that Eunji is really pretty."

Hyejin tried hard not to roll her eyes at her brother's comment. *You'll get Junnie oppa if you tolerate this, Kim Hyejin!* she told herself.

"I saw the fear in her face and I immediately knew I had commited the biggest mistake in my life." Key told them regretfully. "I hope you can forgive me as she did. I'll be a good friend and oppa for her from now on."

Insoo and Seyong remained grim, Gunwoo and Hyunseung just not bothered, Yoseob and Chaejin completely falling for what he said. Sunhee and Kikwang didn't even hear anything as they were too busy sneaking little kisses when no one was looking.

He looked at Junhyung. "To make up for what I did, I invite you and Eunji to my party this weekend." he told Junhyung. "It's the annual Artist Ball held by the Kims," he explained for Eunji's benefit. "And lots of other artists and media come, because my father had been a renowned painter as well. I hope you two will come."

Junhyung eyed the invites suspiciously. The annual Artist Ball had great media coverage and Junhyung had went every year...with his mother. His mother would have wanted him to go with Hyejin this year, but now that Eunji was in the picture, he wanted to take Eunji.

But if he did, it would seem completely suspicious.

"Don't worry." Key told him. "There won't be dates or anything of the sort. The theme this year is friendship. So even if you and Eunji turn up together it'd be as friends to the media. And if you're not assured, all four of us can go in together so it looks like a crowd instead of couples."

Junhyung bit his lip, still considering. It does sound like quite a plan, really.

Eunji beamed at Junhyung, her eyes sparkling. "Can't we go, please?" she begged. "I really want to go! It sounds so exciting!" she pleaded, tugging on his sleeve.

Hyejin rolled her eyes. *Clingy thing.*

Junhyung sighed and nodded. "Fine." he looked straight at Key, sternly. "You better make sure we enter the ballroom together as four people. And don't let the media get interested in Eunji as well. Just tell them she's your classmate or something. I don't want her to get exposed." he said firmly.

Key nodded. "I'll make sure she can enjoy the party discreetly."

Insoo watched the interaction with interest and observed how protective Junhyung was of Eunji. He smiled. *Seems like that babo would do a great job of taking care of the pig, afterall.*