Gunwoo's Confession

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

Gunwoo swallowed and shuffled closer to where Sunhee was waiting for him. He had asked to meet her at the beach where they had used to play when they were younger.

Sunhee was staring  out at the beach in a daze, not even realizing Gunwoo had arrived. "Sunhee ah?" Gunwoo approached her carefully.

Sunhee jumped up from her daze and smiled at him half-heartedly. "Gunwoo oppa."

Gunwoo sat down on the sand beside her and gazed at her meaningfully. "Something on your mind?" he probed softly.

Sunhee twisted her lips. "Nothing much." *Just that Kikwang I just overheard Kikwang oppa telling Yoseob oppa how much he loves me. And I'm confused.* she added in her mind.

She waved off the thought and smiled at Gunwoo. "Why did you ask me here today, Gunwoo oppa?" she asked curiously.

Gunwoo swallowed nervously and reached out for her hands. Sunhee blinked in confusion as Gunwoo searched her eyes deeply. "Sunhee ah..."

"What are you doing, Gunwoo oppa?" Sunhee muttered, scared. She didn't know why she felt that way. With the way Gunwoo was looking at her, she had an idea what he was going to say to her. She should have been happy, but somehow she didn't want him to say it.

"Sunhee ah," Gunwoo told her in a soft gently voice. "I had treated you as my sister for as long as I can remember. I always thought you were a cute and interesting dongsaeng, but I never knew that view would change."

He bit his lip slightly. "I didn't know when it started, but some day when I saw you with other guys, I just....didn't like it. O was jealous. And that was when I suddenly realized that I had fallen in love with you, Choi Sunhee."

He gulped as she let out a gasp. "Will you be my girlfriend, Sunhee?" he asked sincerely.

Sunhee gaped at him. This was the moment she was waiting for her entire life, but why wasn't she happy? She felt regretful and sad even.

*Why? But Gunwoo oppa makes me smile and happy.* she thought. Her eyes widened in a sudden shocking realization.

*The reason why I've been happy and smiling recently wasn't because of Gunwoo oppa. But... Kikwang oppa.* Sunhee took a sharp intake of breath.

"Gunwoo oppa..." Sunhee took a deep breath, while Gunwoo visibly straightened up. "I'm sorry."

Gunwoo's face fell, but he tried to put the smile up again. The leader wasn't used to failure, and this was one thing, or rather, one person he never wanted so much in his life.

"I used to have a crush on you, Gunwoo oppa." Sunhee whispered softly, as if afraid to break the silence. "But I don't think I do now."

Gunwoo took several moments to reply. "I understand." he looked away from her. "Be happy Sunhee."

Sunhee wanted to go closer and hug him, but she knew the last person that he wanted to do that was her. She bit her lol sadly and walked away guiltily.

She can't believe what she just did. She rejected Lee Gunwoo, her all time crush. "But I'm glad I found who I really like." Sunhee smiled a little, as she proceeded to call Kikwang.

 

 

"YOU REJECTED GUNWOO OPPA??? WHYYY??" Sunhee had gone over to Eunji's house because she felt she needed to get the whole incident off her chest. Insoo had gone off to comfort Gunwoo when he heard what happened. The leader was too proud to ask for help, but Insoo knew someone there with him right now would do him a lot of good.

Sunhee fiddled with the hem of her shirt. "I realized I didn't like him anymore." she mumbled. She looked up at Eunji hesitantly. "And I just confessed to Kikwang oppa moments ago, leaving a voice mall in his phone."

"EHHHH???!!" Eunji shrieked. She was horrifyingly confused. Why was her friend choosing Kikwang instead of Gunwoo? Didn't she like Gunwoo? Why Kikwang all of a sudden?"

"I know! It's sudden!" Sunhee pouted. "But when Gunwoo oppa told me he liked me, I really started to visualize him and I together...and I can't. It just doesn't feel right. I realize the one that has been making me happy is Kikwang oppa, not Gunwoo oppa."

Eunji gaped at her best friend. "But how can you say that? Haven't you liked Gunwoo oppa for so long?" she asked, dumbfounded.

Sunhee sighed and laid back on the couch. "I know I've crushed on Gunwoo oppa for a long time. I'm surprised he returned my feelings." she muttered thoughtfully. "And I'm surprised at myself all the time. And maybe I'll regret it. I don't know."

"Then why?" Eunji whispered.

Sunhee looked at her. "Because you've got to follow your heart, Eunji ah. Logically speaking, Gunwoo oppa is the better choice. Stable, manly, trustworthy, compared to Kikwang who still seems like a kid sometimes. But at the same time, my heart tells me to choose Kikwang oppa. It's this urge that helps me decide where to go. I may regret my choice in the future, but at this moment, I don't regret anything."

"Sunhee ah.." Eunji gaped at her friend, bewildered by how wise she sounded, and at the same time not understanding.

There came an urgent knock on the door and Eunji rose to open it. Her eyes widened in surprise when she realized it was Kikwang. "Kikwang oppa?" she gasped.

Sunhee perked her up in her seat. "Kikwang oppa.." she bit her lip nervously.

Kikwang strode towards her purposefully and grabbed her by the wrist and yanked her towards him. His arms circled around her waist and he crashed his lips on hers.

Sunhee's eyes were large as saucers when Kikwang pulled awY from the quick but passionate and hard kiss.

"I heard your message, Sunhee." Kikwang muttered. Sunhee blushed pink and played with her fingers.

Kikwang broke into a small smile and tilted her face up to look at him. "And my answer is, yes. I love you too."

Sunhee gave a squeal of happiness as Kikwang embraced her like she was some sort of precious treasure. They forgo about Eunji existence as they celebrated their union.

Eunji smiled softly and crept upstairs quietly, not wanting to disturb the both of them.

She leant against her door and bit her lip. *If Gunwoo oppa had been the logical choice, why would Sunhee be so happy now? Is listening to the heart really that effective?*