Where the Devil went

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

"I don't get what's with school and the pig." Insoo muttered as he tried to catch up with Eunji.

After a whole day and night of worrying, Eunji wanted to rush to school immediately once she woke up. She tried to call Junhyung's phone again and again once she reached home and plugged her dead phone to the charger.

He didn't reply her messages or pick up her calls. She even wanted to go to the art studio to find him but it was already in the middle of the night and her parents would worry.

Something had to have happened to him. Why would he disappear on her all of a sudden?

Eunji had thought that they were getting closer. He had indirectly admitted that he missed her, and she found that she missed him equally much. He promised to take her out, and she managed to call him oppa.

These were the slight progress in their relationship that made Eunji feel that they had become closer than before.

Why then did he leave her hanging like this? She was going mad with worry, as thousands of possibilities of what could have happened to him surfaced in her mind.

*What if he was sick like the other time and I wasn't there to take care of him?* Eunji frowned and ran quicker. *Oh my gosh.*

Insoo panted after her and scowled at his sister. "Kang Eunji because I'm your brother I'm going to let you off if you end up with Seyong instead of that Junhyung guy. Don't you know that your brother hates running?" he huffed.

Eunji arrived at school early again and she waited anxiously by the gate for Junhyung to appear. Seyong arrived and saw her, but frowned when all he got was an half-hearted reply. He went in, his head lowered and thinking. *Eunji...are you really falling for Yong Junhyung?*

Junhyung and Hyejin soon arrived in the black Audi of the Yong family. Eunji fought the urge to rush all the way there, because she didn't want to see Hyejin either. She looked at Junhyung from the corner and sighed in relief when she found that he was okay.

*I'll ask him what happened to him yesterday, later.* Eunji thought as she followed him to class. *I'm just glad he's okay.*

 

 

Junhyung glanced at Eunji and softened when he saw her looking at him worriedly. *She must have been worried when I didn't turn up yesterday. I hope she didn't wait.*

Hyejin was blabbering non stop beside him and he tried hard not to listen to what he was saying. He needed to explain where he had been to Eunji, and he didn't want Hyejin to know the appointment he had made was with Eunji. If Hyejin knew, his mother would know. And when his mother knew, all hell would break lose.

He signalled for Eunji to follow and he stood up. Hyejin immediately got to her feet as well. "Where are you going, Junnie oppa?" she cooed.

Junhyung sent her a look. "The toilet. To . Got a problem?"

Hyejin pouted. "Arraso Junnie. I'll wait for you here. Be back soon~" she beamed sweetly. Junhyung rolled his eyes inwardly and walked away, looking back at Eunji to make sure she got the message to follow him.

Eunji waited for a few moments before she got up as well. As she tried to leave the class as discreetly as possible, she almost tripped over her own bag on the floor. Hyejin snickered evilly. "Stupid. Don't fall into the toilet bowl while you're at it, Kang Eunji."

Eunji ignored the comment and dashed off to the toilet, wanting to meet Junhyung. He was waiting for her outside the toilet and he pulled her to a isolated stairway to talk. He turned around and searched her eyes silently. "I'm sorry I didn't turn up yesterday." he mumbled sincerely.

Eunji blushed pink. "It's okay as long as you're alright." she looked him up and down in concern. "Did something happen? Why didn't you come? You didn't reply to my messages and calls as well and I really thought something big happened to you."

Junhyung softened. *She really was worried.*

"I'm fine. Some things just cropped up and I couldn't reply your calls and messages." Junhyung bit his lip. "Mianhae." he looked at her. "Did you wait long?"

Eunji shook her head with a smile. "Nope." Yeah right, as if four hours out in the cold wasn't long.

Junhyung sighed in relief. "I'm glad. " before he knew what he was doing, he her hair softly, marveling at how silky it felt. Eunji gazed at him curiously, her heart thumping loudly in an irregular fashion that couldn't have been healthy. She felt this magnetic charge that was drawing her towards him and she couldn't look away.

Before anything could happen, Junhyung's phone rang.

He frowned and dug it out of his pocket. "Hello? Hyejin. Yes I'm in the toilet and yes I'm still ting. I have needs and yes I'm not drowning in the toilet bowl." he growled slightly and ended the call.

He looked back at Eunji and found that her eyes were wide and staring at him in disgust. "Kang Eunji?" Junhyung took a step towards her, but she took two steps back.

"Tell me again, where did you go yesterday when you didn't turn up?" Eunji whispered.

Junhyung bit his lips. "I...I was caught up with some things-"

"Some things like Kim Hyejin?" Eunji shrieked. She whipped his phone out of his hands and turned it to the back. Junhyung gasped in surprise when he saw a tiny photo of him and Hyejin pasted at the back. It was taken yesterday when they went to the neoprint centre.

"I seriously thought something happened to you, Yong Junhyung." Eunji whispered tearfully. Junhyung winced when his full name was used. So it's back to square one.

"I thought maybe you were sick. I thought maybe bandits kidnapped you. I thought maybe you would return my calls if I just waited." Eunji swallowed. "You had your freaking phone with you so why didn't you just tell me you weren't coming? If I had known you were going out with Kim Hyejin I wouldn't have waited four hours in the cold for you!"

Junhyung's eyes were round like saucers. *Four hours? But she said she didn't wait.*

He tried to approach her. "Look, listen to me Kang Eunji. It isn't like that. Hyejin took my phone and she only returned it to me minutes before-"

"I don't care!" Eunji screamed. She looked back tearfully at him with disappointment so vivid in her eyes, Junhyung felt himself being stabbed by knives just looking at her like this. "I don't want to care about you anymore, Yong Junhyung. And I mean it."

With that, she left him dumbfounded and heartbrokened by the stairway.

 

 

"Spit it out. What happened." Insoo demanded.

Sunhee had told Insoo secretly that when Eunji went back to class from a suspiciously long toilet break that Junhyung had coincidentally went to in the same span of time, she was looking sad and her nose and eyes were red from crying.

The overly protective brother and the horrifyingly nosy best friend decided to corner Eunji after school to ask what the hell happened during the toilet break. Eunji told them the shortened version of the whole incident with a dark expression.

"So what you're saying is..." Insoo swallowed. "You were actually going on a date with Yong Junhyung yesterday-"

"Not a date, Insoo oppa." Eunji corrected. "Just an outing."

"Okay, an outing." Insoo rolled his eyes. "And he didn't turn up-"

"And you were worried all day thinking that something happened to him-" Sunhee continued.

"And you found out that he had actually been on a date with Kim Hyejin-" Insoo frowned.

"And you're utterly pissed with him and decided that you're not going to care for him anymore." Sunhee finished.

Eunji looked at them. "Sunhee you should stop liking Gunwoo oppa. I think Insoo oppa suits you more." she grinned weakly. "Although Kikwang oppa would be devastated at the news."

"SHUT UP." Sunhee and Insoo chorused as they paced around in front of her.

"You know what this sounds like?" Sunhee asked. Insoo nodded. "Yes definitely. Even more than when it was Seyong."

They both turned to face her and almost shouted in her face. "Eunji, you're in love with Yong Junhyung!"

Eunji froze for a few seconds before ... "HAHAHAHA HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!" she laughed. "I hate him, even more now! Why would I love him! And I love Seyong oppa!"

Insoo frowned at her. "As much as I support that statement, only you can determine that for yourself, pig." he sighed as he patted his sister's head. "Because you can't make yourself love someone, or un-love another. The way you're reacting to Junhyung now is seriously making us suspect your feelings towards him. If he's nothing to you, you won't be that upset. Think about it, pig. What are your feelings for Yong Junhyung?"

With that, Eunji lapsed into another long period of silence.