Chapter 9

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you really going to do this?" Haru placed her hairbrush down her table and looked at her reflection at the mirror. "What if he doesn't want to tutor me?" She sighed, grabbed her notebook and placed it inside her bag. "But I need to pass these exams. I need to go to Seoul University." Haru grabbed her bag and fixed her clothes. "Okay let's do this Haru!" She went out of her room and with a very nervous heart went in front of the Tuan's gate. This is it, she will study with Mark today.

 

Haru pressed the door bell and Mama Tuan went outside to open the gate for her. "You look so pretty today Haru!" Mama Tuan smiled at her. "Come inside, I'll call Mark down the living room you could sit there." Haru went inside the house with Mama Tuan.

 

"Are you sure he's okay with this?" Haru asked shyly as she sat down the livng room.

 

Mama Tuan laughed, "Of course, whatever I tell him is okay for him." Haru smiled a little at her response.

 

Mark could hear her Mom talking to someone from his room. "Who is she talking to? Why is she laughing so loudly?" Mark placed the book he's reading on his bed and sat up. He listened to his Mom talk and by the sound of it her Mom sounded excited. "Okay, who is it?" Mark stood up from his bed and decided to go down because of his curiosity.

 

"Mom who are you talking to--" Mark stopped in his tracks. He saw Haru sitting in the living room talking with his mom. He frowned, "Haru?"

 

Haru looked up at him and blinked. Mark was wearing a plain white t-shirt with some comfortable shorts yet he still looked like a model from a magazine. She couldn't help but to just stare at him. Mark looked at his Mom. "What is Haru doing here?"

 

"Oh, you came down. I didn't have to call you anymore!" Mama Tuan went to Mark. "I called Haru so you could teach her since you dont really study for exams." She grabbed Mark by the elbow and went closer to Haru. "Here, you could take her to your room so you could teach her."

 

Mark looked at her in disbelief. "What?" He looked at Haru with the same face.

 

Haru smiled shyly. "Your Mom told me you will tutor me." She said in a low voice.

 

"Tutor her?? You never told me about this," Mark looked back at her mom and removed her grip on his elbow. "Besides I didn't agree to tutor Junior and Jackson, now you want me to tutor Haru??" He asked not believing the situation.

 

"Uh huh." Mama Tuan nodded and raised her eyebrow at Mark. "Besides you dont really study for exams, so what's the big deal about helping your neighbor and classmate to pass the exams?"

 

"But I want to rest!" Mark said looked at Haru again. "Plus, I think she wouldnt even get it if I teach her, she's only good at climbing!" Haru's eyes widened and she felt her face burning.

 

"What climbing?" Mama Tuan looked confused.

 

Haru panicked, "Nothing! Mark must be joking he he he" Haru scratched her head. And looked at Mark with a mad face before talking to Mama Tuan again. "I'll just leave Mrs. Tuan. I think Mark doesnt want to tutor me, I dont want to force him." Haru couldnt help but feel sad that Mark didnt like the fact of them studying together but she couldnt do anything about it. "Thank you for having me, but I'll just leave." Haru stood up and smiled at Mama Tuan.

 

Mama Tuan grabbed her hand. "No, you're not going anywhere. Mark will teach you, right Mark?" She raised her eyebrow at Mark and popped her eyes at him. "I heard from Mark that he's saving up to buy a new book and I think Im pretty tight with his allowance this week."

 

Mark looked at his mom, with his eyes popping and his brows furrowed. "Seriously?!" Mark knew what his mom is thinking. He wanted to buy a new book for himself and it's a pretty famous book so the stocks gets sold out quickly plus it's expensive. The only way he has to buy that book is from his allowance and he knows that f he doesn't obey his mom, she'll cut off his allowance. He wont be able to buy the book he wants.

 

"Seriously." Mama Tuan smirked at Mark and Mark sighed in defeat and looked at Haru.

 

"Fine, let's go I'll tutor you." He said wih a bored look at Haru.

 

Haru blinked. "Me?" She pointed at herself. "You're going to tutor me?"

 

"Who else would I tutor? My Mom? Of course it's you." Mark said sarcastically.

 

"Good, now you two go upstairs." Mama Tuan let go of Haru's hand and smiled at her. "Study well Haru, I know you will learn a lot from Mark today." She pinched Haru's cheeck for a moment. "Fighting!"

 

Haru smiled awkwardly after Mama Tuan pinched her and did a small fighting at her.

 

"Come on, follow me." Mark said and turned around going to the stairs.

 

Haru panicked "Ah.. yes." she grabbed her bag and followed mark to the stairs. They both went up the stairs and Haru felt fascinated about Mark's house. It was so different from their house it was designed in a more sophisticated way.

 

Mark opened a blue door and went inside. Haru followed her inside the room and slowly walked in, looking at the whole room. "This is my room." Mark closed the door and saw Haru walking slowly. "What are you doing? Are you walking in a mall? Just sit down here." Mark pointed to a chair infront of a desk.

 

Haru sat down on the chair and observed Mark's room. His room was painted in white and had a lot of pictures of Mark on the wall. Pictures of him with his parents and with his friends. Haru smiled, she was happy that Mark had a lot of people loving him.

 

Mark grabbed another chair and sat beside her. "So what do you need to study?" Mark grabbed some papers and some pencils also ballpens. "Let me see your progress card." He looked at Haru.

 

Haru's eyes widened. "My progress card? Why do you need to see it? Just teach me some lessons." She held onto her bag tightly.

No way, I will never show him my progress card. It's so embarassing! Haru stared back at mark with a pout and frowned at him.

 

"How the heck will I know where you ? Just give it to me already!" Mark snapped back at Haru. "And didn't I tell you that you get uglier everytime you pout so stop it." He tapped her lip with her fingers. "Just give it to me already so we could get started."

 

Haru held onto her bag more. "No way." She was determined not to show him her progress card. 

 

"Oh just give it already." Mark went closer to Haru. "Hey look, false eyelashes fell on the table." he pointed on his desk.

 

"What??" Haru panicked and looked at the table loosening her grip on her bag and Mark grabbed that opportunity to take her bag from her. "There's nothing!" She looked back at Mark with her brows furrowed. "Hey! You lied! I dont wear false eyelashes!! I have long eyelashes I dont need those!" She crossed her arms at him.

 

"Oh well, it's not my fault you fell for that." Mark opened Haru's bag and grabbed her progress card from inside. "So now I have it." He held it infront of his face.

 

Haru's eyes widened as she realized what Mark did. "Hey! Dont look at it!" Haru tried to grab it from Mark but Mark stood up looking at her progress c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter