Chapter 16

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haru fixed her hair and went out of the gates.

“I need to thank him again,” she whispered.

“Youre here!” Haru raised her eyebrows slightly at the greeting. She turned aroud. “Hanbin?” She frowned. “Why are you here?”

“I thought I’ll pick you up,” He smiled and went closer to her. “To make sure you’ll get to school safe.” He looked around. “I guess he’s not here yet?”

Haru looked around. “That’s impossible.” But she couldnt see even Mark’s shadow.

“May be he left early.” Hanbin simply said. 

“I guess..” Haru looked at her watch. 

I guess he did left early because it’s almost time.

Haru grabbed on her bag tightly and started walking. Hanbin followed her.

“How are you?” He asked concerned for her.

Haru smiled. “I’m okay.” She looked at him. “Thank you for searching for me and I’m sorry for making you worried.”

Hanbin grinned and pinched both of her cheeks. “You better be sorry, I was worried sick. I even called the whole gang to search for you.”

“Aw..” Haru winced at the pain from her cheeks. She grabbed his hands but Hanbin didn’t let go. “Im so sorry, stop pinching me please!” 

“Serves you right,” Hanbin laughed as he let go of her face. “Next time, bring our phone with you always. And Ill go home with you.”
“Okay, okay. Ill bring my phone always.” She caressed her cheeks as they walk together. “Ill even glue it to my hands.” She said sarcastically and Hanbin couldnt help but giggle. “But you dont need to go home with me always.” 

“Why?” Hanbin asked as they took their seats on the bus. “What if you get in trouble again?”

“I wont. Ill be careful.” Haru answered firmly as she looked at the window. “So dont worry too much.”

“You dont want to go home with me, let me guess.” Please say no to this one. Hanbin gulped and Haru looked at him, he gathered his courage, he knows that this question can be painful but he wants to ask it. He hopes she denies it. “It’s because of Mark, right?”

Haru blinked at him. Hanbin started praying internally. “Yes.” Hanbin felt as if cold water was thrown at him. He knew she was going to say yes. He has known her for years, and being straight forward was one of her best qualities. But he didn’t expect it to be this painful. 

“What’s Mark got to with this?” Hanbin asked his brows almost joining together. 
“Nothing.” Haru simply answered. “I just dont want you to go home with me. I need to be independent too, Hanbin. And I know you’ll stop arguing if I answer your question.”

Haru sighed. “And besides, I’m really thankful to him right now. He’s the one who fou-”

“I dont want to hear it.” Hanbin cut her off. I know what youre going to say and I know it’s gonna make me pissed off. He looked away from Haru.

“You’re really grumpy today, Hanbin.” Haru pouted. “Anyway thank you for yesterday and for going to school with me.” She looked away too. She knows why he’s like this. She was never stupid to not notice how Hanbin looks at her.


“You got locked?” Ren asked as she took her seat. “I bet your mom’s gonna report this.”

“She did, but we dont know who did it.” Haru sighed. “That gym has not CCTV.”

“What kind of school is this, we pay a lot and there’s no cctv. Screw this school.” Ren hit thet table with her hand. “How will we know who locked you up?”

“I know who it is.” Hanbin started. “It’s that girl we all hate.”

“Who?” Haru looked at him.

“Aly.” Hanbin smirked. “Aly locked you up yesterday.” Hanbin said loudly making the whole class turn to him. “That girl...”He stood up and pointed to Aly. “Locked you up.”
Aly laughed sarcastically. “Me?” She stood up and pointed to herself.

“Yes you, is there any other Aly in this class?” Hanbin raised his brow at him.

“Do you have any proof?” Aly walked towards him with her hands crossed.

“Isn’t your rotten attidude enough proof?” Hanbin gave her a deadly smile, too good yet too teasing. “I mean who doesnt know how ugly your insides are? And you always target her.” Pointed to Haru with a nod.

“Why? What does she have to make me jealous?” She walked towards Haru. “From head to toe..” She looked at her from top to bottom. “I dont think I have anything to be jealous about her.” She smirked at Haru. “And you.” She pointed at Hanbin. “Dont have any proof I locked her up, dont you know I can report you for false accusation?”

“But I heard you talk to your phone yesterday?” Hanbin slapped her hand away from his sight.

“Oh really?” Aly raised her brow. “Did you hear me say her name?” 

Hanbin couldnt speak but he looked at her deadly.

“No, right?” she smiled. “You never heard me say her name, how can you be sure I was talking about her?”

Hanbin had both hands in a fist. His brows furrowed.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” She placed her hands on her waist and faced the whole class who was enjoying their mini drama like scene. “Okay, the show’s over. I guess Hanbin just really have a thing for me, I mean me?” She flipped her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter