Chapter 39

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark looks at the paper he's holding and yawns, obviously not excited about it. He could hear his friends going all nuts by just the idea of an MT.

"Mark, come on, it's our last year in high school, it's the last trip before entering college." Jackson places his hand on his desk, trying to get his attention. "Shouldnt you be excited about it?"

"Not really." He mutters, briefing the paper about the MT which their adviser handed them. "I wont be able to join any of these anyway aside from the meal time, sleeping time and may be the camp fire." He points out making Jackson bllink in response.

"Well.." Jackson scratches the back of his neck, embarassed by the fack that he forgot Mark cant do anything physically straining or tiring. 

"Jackson." Junior smacks his head and Jackson growled in response with his hand ready to smack him back but Junior waves his index infront of him with his brows raising and Jackson sighs.

"Alright it's my fault." He gives up.

"You should know better." Junior places his hand over Mark's shoulder. "Dont worry Mark, Im sure it wont be boring."

Mark's lips twists and he places his paper down on his desk and turns to Junior. "What makes you sure about that?"

Junior looks away from him and pouts, pointing towards the door. "Because of her."

Mark follows, looking at the door just in time to see Haru come by, walking while holding the straps of her backpack. She looks up and sees him. A small smile forming on her lips. Junior looks back at Mark and see an automatic smile form on his lips. "See I'm right." Junior says with a laugh.

"Stop it." Mark punches him on the arm. Haru waves at him and he smiles at her, grabbing his bag. 

"Haru!" Jackson comes up to her first, joining her by the door as Mark grabs his papers placing it inside his bag. "You're getting prettier." Jackson leans on the door and she laughs.

"Nice try." She says making a face at him. "I dont know any girls looking for a heartbreak so bad luck Jackson." 

Jackson pouts, looking all sad. "Really? Bad luck." He clicks his tongue. Haru looks around the room.

"JB?" She asks.

"Didn't come to school." Mark answers her, and looks at Jackson. "Stop messing around with her." Jackson laughs holding two hands up in defense. 

"So may be that's why Rei was all grumpy the whole day." Haru comments.

"Let's go." Mark says, grabbing her hand and taking her away from their classroom.

"Woah! Mark Tuan that was smooth!" Jackson screamed as the two walked away, Haru could feel her face heating up in embarassment but she laughs.

"That idiot." Mark comments shaking his head slowly and laughs with her. He presses her hand a bit as they walk out of the school.

"You're going right?" Haru asks as they get on the bus. 

"The MT?" He looks at her. "I dont have a reason to go. It's boring."

She pouts and puffs. "Im going."

"So?" He asks, raising a brow, challenging her.

She rolls her eyes. "Whatever Mark Tuan, if you dont show up, I swear to God, Im gonna be mad at you." 

Mark looks a way from her. "Then you should start swearing to God." He chuckles. Haru sighs, exasperated.

"You're for real?" She squints her eyes.

"Do I look like Im joking?" He looks back with a serious stare.

"Fine." She stands up, walking out of the bus. He looks around and he sees they've arrived, he follows her out. "Ill go by myself then. You kill joy."

Mark just laughs and Haru pouts, making a sound of protest. "There," he says fixing a few strands of her fringe as they stop in front of her house. She smiles, the sight of him, his face close to hers and the serious look in his eyes as he fixes her hair being such a beautiful view for her. He stops putting his hand down bringing his face closer, her eyes lits up, the tip of his nose touching hers. She could feel her heart racing with their short distance. "Enjoy the MT." He smiles and her face fell, she blinks and it finally registers in her mind. He pulls back with a wide grin.

"Mark!" She calls, irritated but he only laughs at her pissed off look. He holds his hand out and places it on her cheek before placing a sweet, short kiss on her cheek.

"Stop getting mad," he says and pulls away from her. "Get inside, it's getting late and cold." And with that, he turns around leaving her, entering his own house, not looking back at her again.

Haru stands there dumbfounded, not blinking the whole time Mark was entering his house and when he closes the door, she blinks, going back to reality. "Mark be there!" She shouts and pouts, slowly opening the gates to her house. She sighs, someone as stubborn as Mark? Who's willling to hide his secrets from everyone until the end? How can she even force him? Her shoulders going up and down as she sighs, sitting on her bed. No one can, no one can change his mind. "It'll take a miracle." She whispers, a miracle to change his mind. She remembers how she was the one who needed to find everything out about him, if she didn't find out the facts, he'll hide it forever. When he makes a choice, he'll follow that choice.

 

 

"Why such a long face this early?" Jackson walks up to Haru.

"Let me guess." Junior places his elbow on Jackson's shoulder. "It starts with the letter M and ends with a K. It's Mark." He says teasingly.

"You got it right, bro!" Jackson does a high five with him. Haru grimaces. 

"I guess he didnt really change his mind, Ive sent hundred of text messages since last night but he wont reply." Haru says and looks sadly at the two boys in front of her.

"Aw.." Jackson pinches her cheek. "Dont be sad, we're here."

"You look bright when you smile." Junior pinches her other cheek. "You should smile!" And the two pinches her at the same time, stretcching her cheeks and Haru winces.

"Stop it." She protests and the two laughs as she struggles removing her hand. They remove both their hands, when she started laughing at them.

"There, you look better." Junior nods. But automatically snaps his head back when he heard some cursing.

"! Cut if off Jaebum!" Rei shouts and Junior blinks as he watches her. "Stop following me. I told you I can carry my own bag!"

Haru and Jackson watch them too. "Let me carry it." JB tries to grab the bag from Rei. 

"No." She pulls it away. "I have arms with hands. They are functioning totally fine, Jaebum." She says sarcastiscally.

"I just dont want my princess to get tired." JB grins and Rei could feel goosebumps.

"You're creepy." She talks balk. "You're making me shiver." She turns away and sees Haru, she runs toward her. JB follows her.

"You two, you're a very special couple." Haru's voice sounding unsure, very unsure.

"A very unique one too." Junior comments and earns a death stare from Rei, he shrieks and hides behind JB. "Save me." He says.

"He wont stop bugging me." Rei complains to Haru.

"She wont talk to me and she wont give me her bag, I just want to make things easier for her." JB reasons out, and Rei just squints her eyes at him.

Haru laughs and Rei looks at her frowning. "She's just angry you weren't present yesterday. She's just angry nobody was looking for her the whole day."

"Excuse me?" Rei says and hears JB laugh.

"Im sorry, I didn't know you were mad about that. I called you right? I told you my dad wanted me to go with him on a business trip." JB grins at Rei, feeling all happy that his presence affects Rei now.

"That's not the case!" Rei saysbut her face break off. They weren't buying her exccuse. They laughed except for Haru, she smiles a bit. Seeing hw everyone was all happy and excited about the MT.

"5 minutes! Get in the bus! We're leaving in 5 minutes! Check your stuffs." A teacher announced through a speaker, Haru sighs looking around. She shakes her head and forces a smile. 

"Haru are you okay?" Rei asks, worried, seeing her looking uncomfortable.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter