Chapter 25

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark enters the orphanage and sees a pink bag on the couch. He frowns. Someone came in other than him? He came alone this time, his parents having a trip out of country he figured it would be very boring to stay at home and none of his friends were available at the moment to accompany him. He walks closer to the bag and sees a small sun keychain hanged on one of the straps of the pink bag, he frowns it seems familiar.

"Oh, I didnt expect you to come today." The nun sees him,she smiles at him.

"I figured it was boring to stay at home all day, so I just went here." He smiles and looks back at the bag.

"That?" The nun inquires, Mark looks at her. "It is Haru's."

He frowns for a moment, "She's here?"

"Yes." The nun nods. "She came here with the same reason as yours, saying it was boring at her house." She looks back at the kitchen. "She's in there, she's getting juice for the kids."

Mark nods, and the nun leaves him. He walks towards the kitchen and sees her holding a tray, she was wearing some casual clothes, just a v neck white shirt paired with some denim shorts and sneakers. She turns around and see's him.

"What the." Her eyes widen for a moment, shocked by his prescence. "Dont scare me like that." She puts the tray back on the counter. "I though my heart was gonna jump."

Mark smirks as he walks to her "Not my fault I look that stunning."

Haru makes a face and narrows her eyes at him. "Whatever, you are so full of yourself." She is still mad at him, he knows it but he doesnt want to push it.

"Ill take this," Mark grabs the tray of the counter. "Let's go outside to the kids." He starts walking, Haru pouts at she follows him out the kitchen.

"Why are you here?" She asks him, as they walk side by side out the orphanage.

"Same reason as yours, you're bored right?" He says casually.

"Are you stalking me?" Haru raises her brow at him and Mark scoffs at her.

"No way. The nun told me okay?" They reach outside and he place the tray on the wooden table. "Kids!!" He screams and the kids looks at him, faces lit up, obviously happy to see him.

"Mark oppa!" Cindy comes running fast towards him and she hugs her legs.

"Hi Cindy," Mark pushes her hug and sits down at the same level as her, he smiles and pats her head. "Have you been a good girl?"

Haru watches him, it was a very different side of the usual emotionless Mark he shows at school, she saw the light and happy Mark again, today at the same place. Haru smiles as he watches him talk to Cindy. Kids makes Mark smile that's for sure based on her observations.

"Haru noona, you're here too," Min Seo tugs at her shirt she bents down and grabs him, standing up with him in her arms. 

"Nice to see you again, Min Seo. Want to play with me this time?" She smiles, the little boy giggles and nods.

"Mark," she calls out. 

"Mark oppa dont look at that ahjumma," Cindy covers his ears. "She's ugly, old, and bad. Dont listen to her." She says, while holding his face still. Mark laughs and nods.

"Yes she is." Haru squinted her eyes at him and Mark looks at her through his side vision, holding back his laughter.

"What? Kids dont lie." Mark holds his hands up in defense. "Its not like I told her to say that. Right, Cindy?" He pinches Cindy's cheeks slightly. He pulls her hands away from his face and stands up.

"Mark oppa, play with us this time, please?" Cindy pouts at her and Mark chuckles. He pinches her left cheek for a while.

"You are a very cute pouting kid." He says releasing her cheeck. Haru looks at him with narrow eyes and Mark looks at her.

"What?" His eyes wide and his brows up.

"When a kid pouts its cute when I do it it's ugly?" She scoffs and looks away rolling her eyes. Mark just laughs at her.

"I can't play with you, Ill just stay with Min Seo." Mark says to Cindy and she sulks.

"But Ahjumma will play with Min Seo. Right, Min Seo?" She asks looking at Min Seo. He nods.

"I will play with Haru noona." He goes down from her and holds her hand. He tugs her, pulling her away with him.

"Woah, Min Seo is so manly." Mark jokes and everyone laughs. He looks at Cindy, "Okay, but you know my rules. No running, we'll stay calm, okay?" 

Haru frowns as she walks away, she heard it. "How come he wont run? When I almost died running with those kids?" She whispers.

Mark walks away with the other kids they opted to play light games like rock, paper, scissors and have cute punshments like wiping powder on the loser's face. Haru looks at him, laughing, looking so free. She looks at Min Seo as they reach a big tree they sit under it.

"What do you want to do?" She asks, the boy smiles.

"I want to play." Haru nods at him and he points far away, "Lets run to the next tree, the first come wins." He stands up and Haru remembers what Mark told her about Min Seo. 

"Hes sick, he has a condition where he cant be active." Mark gulped down water. "Thats why I opted to stay with him, he's very close to me. Hes been here since he was born. Ive watched him grow from a baby to a boy."

"No," she grabs his hand he looks back at her with sad eyes. "Noona says no." She shakes her head and Min Seo sits down again with a sad face, the corners of pointing downwards. Haru fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter