Chapter 49

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What the heck?" Taehyun groaned. "The freaking group activity the teacher had been bugging us about is just about baking?" He sits down as he rolls his eyes.

"To bake a cake?" Jandi nods. "So exciting." She says in a very bored tone as she sits on her desk.

"Cake?" Haru's eyes sparkle. "Really?"

"You seem happy?" Grace asks, Taehyun looks at Haru. "She said as soon as we finish it, show it to her, have it graded then we can go home."

"Actually.." Haru whispers looking down. "It's Mark's birthday today." She looks up at them with a tint of pink on her cheeks.

"Really?" Grace claps her hands. "Then it's great then! You can give him the cake!" Haru nods in excitement as Grace squeels.

"The teacher said to do it by pairs." Jandi buts in. "Since Im not good at it, Ill be with Grace. She's great at these stuffs."

"But.." Grace turns to face her. "I want to bake for Mark!"

"Oh shut it!" She pinches Grace's cheeks making the girl wail in pain. "He has a wife, let her bake for him and hide that fangirl intention of yours."

"Okay, okay." Grace removes Jandi's hand away from her face. "Taehyun do it with Haru."

"Why would I?" Taehyun rolls his eyes. "I dont want to."

"But nobody else will do it with her, you know how the rest hates her for being Mark's wife." Grace crosses her arms in front of him. He looks at Haru's worried face.

"No, if he doesnt want too, Ill just find someon to do it with me.." Haru's voice trails off. 

"Like you'll find someone now? They already went to the baking room. We're the only ones left." Jandi points around the room. Taehyun sighs, he knows this will be hard, he knows he needs to go far away from Haru. But he doesnt have any other choice.

"Fine then." Taehyun agrees. "Ill do it with her." He says standing up, and Haru's face instantly lits up. Her smile vibrating off infecting him again.

"Thank you." She tells him, before wrapping her arm around his arm, pulling him. "Let's run, Nammie. I want to finish quickly!" She runs, dragging him with her.

"Nammie?!" Taehyun shrieks as they run fast.

 

 

"Say, Mark." Minhyuk taps his shoulder and Mark looks up at him from his seat. "Ive got the materials ready for the research. We can start today."

"Today?" Mark frowns. "No, we can't. I have an appointment, an important one. Im sorry."

"No," Minhyuk waves his hand. "It's okay. I just wanted you to know that Im prepared and we can start early. By the way," He looks to his right, calling someone, with his right hand, telling her to come closer. A blonde girl with dark red lipstick approaches them. "This is Alice. She'll be joining our team. Im sorry, I have to add her but she doesnt have a group yet and we're the only ones doing it by pair the rest have 4 members."

"Im Alice." She bows, smiling ever sweetly. Minhyuk's eyes widens at her actions. "Im sorry for suddenly joining your group, please take care of me." She finishes off by pulling some strands of her blonde hair behind her right ear.

"Okay." Mark answers short, before turning around, grabbing his notebook and bag. "Im sorry but I need to go, just communicate with Minhyuk." He says before leaving them. Alice's face falls. 

"That's new." Minhyuk says and Alice glares at her. "Ive never seen you that nice before."

"Cut it, smart ." Alice says as she pulls her hair over her shoulders. 

"Alice, I know what you're playing at. the man's married." Minhyuk clicks his tongue. "Ive been with the same class as you since we were in middle school, I know you too well."

"You do." She nods. "Divorce exists." She smirks and turns around, letting her back face him. "Tell me when the research starts Im too busy." She says before walking away.

"She never changed." Minhyuk shakes his head. A slight feeling of pain gushing over him. This is Alice, the blonde girl who liked all the handsome smart men. This is Minhyuk who liked..... "Nevermind." He shrugs before taking his leave too.

 

"Can't you at least mix it properly?!" Taehyun brushes his hand through his hair out of frustration. "This the sixth time already!" Haru flinches as he shouts. "This is just mixing!" He breathes out air as he places his hands on his waist. 

"Im sorry," Haru says as she tries mixing the batter again. It's the sixth time they are repeating the cake, since everytime they bake it, there will be lumps or it's over mixed resulting to a messed up cake. She takes a look at Taehyun who's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter