Chapter 37

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haru looks at the boy beside him, it's hard to hide her smile as she walks with him to the bus stop. It's the first day of classes again after their break. Yeah, the break where a lot of things happened but still, it turned out for the best, for the two of them.

Mark frowns and looks at her as they stop waiting for the bus to come. "Why are you smiling? You're weird."

"Nothing." She beams, her smile too infectious that Mark couldnt help but smile and giggle a bit at her. "I'm just happy I finished all the homeworks."

"Yeah, after you bothered me to teach you." Mark muses and she pouts, he laughs and taps her lips. "I told you dont do that." He looks in front as the bus stops, he let's Haru in first and he sits beside her.

She blows her bangs away from her face. "You really aren't the sweet type, are you?"

Mark's lips twists and he shakes his head. "Yes, Im not. But hey. at least you got the one with brains and looks."

Haru's face cringes. "Mark, you're too full of yourself."

"And you like it." He winks at her and he laughs, seeing how red her cheeks are.

"Stop it!" She punches him slightly on the shoulder. Mark laughs at her seeing how shy and annoyed she is.

They sit next to each other and laugh the whole ride, for the first time, Mark felt so light and happy in the morning. An effect which only Haru has on him. He likes it, he feels alive.

They go off the bus and walk towards the school, it's still early, they still have half an hour but there are already a lot of students walking around the campus. Excited to see their friends again. Haru looks around, conscious of their surroundings. Mark looks at her, she looks scared and unsure. He takes a deep breath. He walks with her and grabs her hand, she looks at him with wide eyes. She lets go but Mark holds on. She looks at her, worried and scared. "They'll see us." She looks around and some students are already looking at them with some whisphering to each other.

Mark looks at them and back to her, and shakes it off. "I dont care." He holds her hand tighter. "We're together now anyway, why do we need to hide it?"

She looks at the students pointing at them. Fear washing over her, "But.. but.. they'll talk about us. They'll hate me." She tries to pull her hand away but Mark pulls her closer.

"Let them talk about us. I don't care." He smiles at her, his eyes becoming smaller and his teeth showing. "They wont hate you. I'm here for you dont worry."

Her heart beats fast, with just his smile her heart beats very fast. Her cheeks heating up and she can't hide her small smile. She nods and holds his hand too and breathes in, ready to face the school.

"That's too cheesy." Rei says and appears from Haru's back. Haru jumps a little from shock and Rei laughs. "It's so early and you too are already to sweet, stop it please."

Haru laughs at her friend, "You're just jealous." Haru teases and lifts up her hand which is holding Mark's hand. "See?"

Rei makes a face and was about to answer when someone cuts her off and her eyes automatically squints at the voice.

"She's not jealous." All of them except for Rei looks at the person at the same time. "She has a boyfriend. Which she apparently ran off from just to see you guys." He looks at Rei with a judgeful look and she just scoffs at him.

Mark looks at him with a not so surprised look. "The chase paid off?" He asks and JB nods with a proud smile.

"Yeah it did." He places his arm over Rei's shoulders and pulls her close and Rei makes a face at him, glaring at him. But he just laughs. "I chased her the whole break, but she finally gave in. I told you, no one can resist Im Jaebum." He wriggles his brows at Haru and they laugh.

Rei elbows him on the stomach and removes his arm. "First of all, you are not unresistable. You are a stalker and you threatened me!" She pushes herself away from him and points her finger at him. "You followed me everywhere,, you were driving me insane. You even told me you'll follow me until in my room and if I dont agree to date you, you wont stop and kidnap me!" 

JB pushes her hand down and Mark laughs. "Typical JB, hell do anything to get what he wants." Mark laughs. "So? Did he stop following you?"

Rei looks at him big eyes. "No!" Haru laughs at her friend. "He even followed me more! He followed me until inside my house! He introduced himself to my parents when I didnt want him too, and he follows me everywhere. He even said he'll me, if I stop him!" She says and looks at JB with a horrified look. "Ill report you as a stalker, just wait Im Jaebum!!"

Haru laughs at her friend. "Im sure he's just joking." She looks at JB, "Right JB?" He nods with a wicked smile and Rei squints her eyes at him. "Im sure he's a good guy, right Mark?"

"Yes, I am Haru." JB answers instead and winks at Haru. Rei rolls her eyes at him.

"Oh please, dont be such a flirt." Rei says and JB laughs.

"Hey, dont wink at my girl." Mark says defensively and puts her arm over Haru's shoulders. Rei sighs in defeat and shakes her head. 

"Rei is just jealous so stop it, JB." Haru smiles teasingly at Rei.

"I had enough!" Rei puts her hands in the air. "You two could continue flirting with each other." She looks at JB. "And you Jaebum," she points at him. "Dont you even follow me! Go straight to your class and keep that wink of yours to yourself or Ill rip your eyeballs out." She glares at him before turning in her heels to walk away from them.

JB whistles, "That's one hot fierce girl." He looks at the couple in front of him and smiles. "And she's mine." 

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Mark says and just when they thought it's gonna be calm the rest of the loud boys come.

"Oh my gosh!" Bambam squeels like a little girl.

"It's really true!!" Yugyeom points at Mark who has his arm over Haru's shoulders, she becomes shy and pulls herself away from Mark but he grabs her hand.

"You saw that?" Junior looks at Jackson with wide eyes.

"Yeah!" Jackson nods with a serious look. They both have wide eyes. "He grabbed her hand!"

"He's dating Haru!!" They both say at the same time. Screaming like girls, jumping up and down while holding each other's hands. 

"Hyung," Youngjae approaches them. "Im glad you're together." He looks at Haru. "Noona, you became prettier." He smiles at her and Haru smiles a bit, shy of all the attention she's getting.

Mark smiles but pushes Youngjae away. "Okay, okay, thanks, calm down. And you," he looks at Youngjae. "Stop fliritng with her." 

The boys laugh at Mark's jealousy. "Youve changed Mark." Jackson places his elbow on his shoulder. "Im glad you're together. I thought you were joking when you said you're dating, I thought you were reading a novel or something."

"I have a girlfriend too." JB butts in. He smiles proud.

"We're not asking hyung." Yugyeom looks at him teasingly. "Mehrong." he sticks out his tongue.

"Why you.." JB grabs him and locks him in his arm before messing up his hair. "We just had a break and you have the guts to make fun of me." He continues to mess up his hair.

"Stop it hyung!" Yugyeom waves his hands in defeat and JB let's go of him.

"We knew you'll get Rei, so we're not really shocked." Junior says. "You're the persistent type and she's the stubborn type. What a perfect combination!" He says sarcastically and claps his hands.

"Uh..." Haru trails off. They look at her. "I think I need to go now." She looks at Mark. "Classes are gonna start soon."

Mark looks at his watch and nods. "Yes, it will." Haru let's go. 

"Ill go first since Rei is already there and she might kill me if I come any later. You guys should catch up!" She beams and starts walking backwards waving her hand at them.

"Ill text you." Mark waves his ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter