Chapter 42

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bell rings, she tightens her pony tail. This is it, the day has come. The day where she can finally use all the things she learned by staying up all night by reading books and bothering Mark to teach her. It’s the college entrance test. Scantrons were passed out one by one to the students. She looks around, students were praying on their own, some were staring blankly at the test papers and some even had the guts to sleep after receiving the test papers.

His lips twists, and he taps his pencil on the scantron. Scanning the test papers quickly and answering at the same time. He hums, he knew it wasnt gonna be easy but, he somehow finds it not hard enough for a college test, he expected more, he puffs air out of his cheeks as he finishes up.

A small frown forms, as she squints her eyes. It’s mathematics.

 

Im screwed. She stares at all the formulas among the choices. She closes her eyes briefly.

 

“If they ask you to find the roots of an equation and you cant get it by factoring, use the quadratic formula.”

 

. She shakes her head as she remembers what Mark told her, she hated it, she at it but now she needs to use it if she wants to get most of the questions right. She sighs, straightening her back, she begins solving the question.

“Last minute. Finalize everything.” The exam proctor announced and she panics, turning the test papers quickly and checking if she missed something.

“Pass everything to the front.” He takes the papers from his classmates behind him and passes it forward together with his own papers. The room was oddly silent, he smirks, its the only time Jackson and Junior was tame.

“You may go.” As soon as the proctor leaves, the students let out sighs of relief and some even whined at how hard it was. She sinks her head on her desk and stares tiredly at her friend who wouldnt stop whining about the test.

“Damn it, I knew I shouldnt had coffee with JB yesterday. I should have studied more!” Rei brushes her hair out of frustration. “That test is a killer. My parents will kill me if no university accepts me.”

She just nods at her. And continues to listen to her even when Hanbin joined her, making it noisier.

“Rei, do you have a back up plan when we fail?” He asks as he sists on her desk and she glares at him.

“Wat do you mean ‘when we fail’? I am not gonna fail so I didn’t plan!” She smacks him.

“Stop abusing my boyfriend!” Aly appears grabbing Hanbin away from Rei.

“Whatever.” Rei rolls her eyes at the sight of Aly caressing Hanbin’s arm.

“Did you get hurt?” She pouts at him while hugging his arm.

“Of course not, I was just teasing Rei.” Hanbin laughs and pinches her left cheek. “So how was the test?”

She scrunhes her nose before smiling. “It was okay.” She turns to find Haru staring blankly at them. “What happened to her? She looks like a zombie.”

“Oh, she’s just shaken up by the test. Probably ready to face the result--”

“Oh my gosh!” Aly says, startled as Haru stands up abruptly, smacking both her hands on her desk. “Don’t do that!” Aly places her hand on her chest feeling the quick beat of her heart.

“I need to go.” She grabs her stuffs, putting it in her bag and placing it over her shoulders. She looks at them. “See you guys tomorrow.” She smiles widely and the three looks at each other with confused looks before looking back at her.

“Okay?” Rei says unsure. With that, she walks quickly out of the room, grinning all the way. “That was weird, she was sad and then happy?” Rei tilts her head, raising her brow at how weird her friend is.

“Way too weird.” Hanbins nods in agreement.

“Sheesh. Probably on her way to meet Mark. How stupid can you both be?” Aly crosses her arm and looks at both of them. “She’s only excited when it concerns Mark.”

“I know.” Rei raises her brow, “Stop calling me stupid or Ill show you how stupid I can be by ripping your mouth off.”

“Try me.” Aly challenges and Hanbin had to step in between them, stopping them by placing his palm on their foreheads as they force their way to each other.

“Stop it. Stop it.” Hanbin repeats as he holds both hands up stopping the two girls. “Jeez, why is my life always so hard?”

 

 

 

 

 

She runs out of their building looking around, there were a lot of students today staying after the exams, probably talking about the test questions and asking one another how they did on the test. She squints her eyes, biting her lower lip as she turns to her right searching for that tall guy.

“Got ya.” She shakes a bit as she feels two arms hugging her from her back. She turns around and finds herself locked in his arms. “It was funny to watch you searching for me.” He flashes his perfect smile.

She hugs him quickly before releasing herself. “Stop playing with me, Mark.” She scolds, but her smile fails to sound mad. She looks at him and notices he has flowers with him, her cheeks automatically heats up. “For me? You didn’t have to.” She says pointing to the flowers.

“These?” He lifts them up. “It’s not for you don’t worry.” And her smile fell, making him chuckle.

“Who are those for then?” She asks, jealousy evident in her voice.

“You’ll see later. Let’s go.” He winks at her.

“Where are we going?”

“But first, how was your exam?” He inquires making her bite both her lips, nodding in a weird way with a smile that not even Mark can be fooled.

“It was okay,” she laughs hoping to sound real, but he gives her a face.

“I guess it was hard.” He says while nodding as if he was agreeing to his own statement and she stops laughing.

“Fine. It was hard. But I bet, you had a hard time too, everyone was complaining.” He takes her hand and they walk out of the gates together.

“Hmm.. maybe it was hard.” He says casually and she looks up at him, a crease forming on her forehead. “I finis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter