Chapter 36

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark wakes up slowly and feels the pain from his surgery. He fixes his position lifting his arm but he can't someones holding it. He lifts his head and sees Haru's hand over it while sleeping on the chair next to his bed. He stops and stares at her, it feels so surreal everything that happened last night felt surreal. Their kiss, their confessions it felt like it happened but as at the same time it felt like a dream. He cant make out what he should feel but relief was washing him over. He smiles, its the first time he liked the view in his room in the hospital, he lays back down again but fails at his attempt to not wake her up.

"Are you okay?" Haru rubs her eyes as she looks at him and at the room's clock.

"Yes." He smiles faintly. "Aside from the pain killers not working anymore." He jokes and Haru glares at him.

"You should have told me earlier, I should call the nurse." She attempts to get up but Mark grabs her hand.

"No, dont, its okay, I can tolerate it. Besides, it's not yet time for my pain killers." Haru sits down straight and exhales. "Tired?"

Haru nods slowly. "But I had a good sleep for the first time in weeks. I cant sleep well since you avoided me, and now I can relax." She smiles at him. "You're getting discharged today right?"

Mark tries to sit up and Haru helps him a bit. "Yes." He beams at her and Haru could feel her cheeks heating up how can a sick person look this handsome in the early morning? "You should go home too. I bet your mom is worried about you.

"No," she shakes her head. "I called my mom while you were sleeping she knows it all.'

"She's okay with this?" Mark says raising his brows. "With us?"

Haru smiles teasingly, "With us?" she says wriggling her eyebrows. "Yes. She's okay with us." She laughs at him as his ears turns red.

"Stop it." Mark laughs but stops when feels the pain from his chest.

"There. See? You shouldnt laugh yet." Haru laughs at him. 

"You should go home first," Mark says and Haru pouts. He taps her lips with his hands. "Dont do that."

Haru makes a face. "Fine. Ill go to your house later." She beams and fixes her stuff before leaving Mark.

 

 

"Haru, are you sure about being with Mark?" Haru's mom sits beside Haru on her bed as her daughter fixes some stuffs. "I mean think about this seriously, I know hes a good boy with great looks but he's sick."

Haru looks at her, frowning. "Weren't you the one who keeps on hooking us together in the past?"

"Yes," her mom rolls her eyes. "But I didnt know he was sick!"

"Well its your fault." Haru, grimaces. "If you didnt keep on pushing us to be together then we wouldnt be. Besides mom, I know he's sick, Im okay with it, Ill stay beside him and fight with him."

"Its not okay!" Her mom's voice raises up. She stands up and Haru looks at her, cautious of her mom. "I dont want you to be hurt when he suddenly leaves you! Ive felt it! It's not okay." Her mom shakes her head, and starts breaking down.

"No, mom." Haru stands up and hugs her mom tightly. "You dont understand, Mark will never leave me suddenly. I know his condition and I know he might die any moment but Im prepared. He will never leave me like dad who just disappeared with no reason." He pats her mom's back while tears are also falling from her eyes.

"I just dont want you to be hurt. It's torture." Her mom says as she wipes her own tears. "The pain of losing someone, it kills you."

"No, mom, Mark is different. I know he'll stay with me as long as he can, so please mom. Please trust me on this." Haru pushes out of the hug looking at her mom. "Please. I want to enjoy what he has left, I want to be with him."

Her mom exhales sharply. She knows the pain of losing someone. She knows how painful it can be, but how can she deprive Haru of her happiness and Mark of his time left with her. She shakes her head, clearing her mind. "Fine, just always remember that he can leave you and you should be prepared when that happens."

 

 

 

Mark places all of his used up clothes from the hospital to the laundry bin in his room and lays down on his bed, taking a deep breath. He looks up at the ceiling trying to sink in everything that had happened in the past few days. Breaking up with Aly, confronting Hanbin, undergoing a surgery and lastly, admitting to Haru about his condition and feelings. He sighs and makes a small smile, a lot happened. Life can really be such a .

"Mark," he hears his mom knocking on his door. He sits up carefully.

"What is it?" He screams loud enough to pass through his door.

"You have a visitor go down." His mom says and he stands up, knowing who would it be.

"There yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter