Chapter 27

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Aly shifts on her seat for the fifth time now. She feels uncomfortable seating inside a cafe. The door opens and she sees her real dad, Dr. Lim dressed in long sleeves and slocks. She starts feeeling nervous as he takes his sit in front of her.

"Im sorry, I had one patient who took a long check up before I went here.' He says with a smile as he takes his seat. Aly looks at him, she doesnt know what to feel.

"How did you get my number?" She grabs her phone and look at the text he sent her. He said to meet up today, she didnt wanted to come, but her guts forced her to. 

"You have your number written in your information sheet, when you had a check up, remember?" Aly looks away, right. It was needed for that information sheet.

"So what do you want to know?" He asks and looks around tapping his index on their table. "I took the rest of the afternnon off just for you."

"Oh I feel so touched," Aly says sarcastically. "I feel so toouched that you sacrificed half of your day to meet up with the daughter you gave away 19 years ago and never came back."

He becomes self concious and shifts uncorfomtble in his seat. "Look, I know you feel bad about it. So let me answer whatever is it you want to ask me."

Aly scoffs. "Of course I'll feel bad, what do you expect? That I should be celebrating and telling people around me 'Wow, Im so happy my biological dad left me to one of his friends for unknown reasons and never looked for me.' Really now?"

"I know it's my fault that's why Im facing you now after running away for years." He says in a serious tone.

"Gee," she scoffs. "You never run away from me, I never chased you, you left me." She throws her hands up, "Oh lets just cut this argument. Okay first question, why did you left me?"

He breathes in deeply, face serious but he still looks somehow unsure. "I left you when you were only some days old. I left you to one of my close friends, Mino Hong. I left you to  him because I know he can raise you," he says and stops for a moment. "At that time Aly, I couldnt raise you, no, not on my own.Youll starve with me."

"So you're saying it wasnt selfish? The decision of yours to leave me wasnt selfish?" She laughs, "I cant believe this, you are so lame."

"I was alone Aly, I was depressed." He says and looks into her eyes. "Your mother died when she gave birth to you, I got her pregnant when we were still studying and Mino Hong was one of my close seniors who graduated during the time your mom was pregnant, he was close to me, and he was rich. I couldnt raise you myself as a student, I couldnt raise you while Im depressed, youll be neglected, youll die." The information hit her like a storm, her mom died while giving birth to her which explains why Mr. Hong never really got to meet her. She smiles bitterly.

"So you blamed me for her death and couldnt take living with me under one roof?" She says with a small smile that seems mocking. "You gave me away because you loved my mom, your wife but not me your daughter."

"No," he shakes his head. "That time I was depressed, I was crying when you were given to me by her parents, they hated me for getting her pregnant. I took you in, you looked just like her. Your features resembled her, but I was  depressed that everytime you smile I see her in you. I love you, I love her and it hurts that she died. You were always crying with me, hungry, cold, neglected. I was also always crying. That time.." he shakes his head slowly like he didnt want to remember it. "That time was a mess. I hugged you tight when you cried, I didnt know how to take care of you, I was destroyed and I was afraid Ill destroy you too."

"So you gave me to the Hongs?" She asked, still trying to digest all the information. "Because I looked like mom and it kills you? You see her in me, but you never get to see the fact that I was your daughter, who you should love?" She inhales quickly. "Because if you did, you wouldnt be destroying me."

"Aly, I was young and I had depression after your mom's death. I cant bring you down with me. I was only a student, I cant afford to take you in with me. I had no parents to take care of you too." He looked down as if he's ashamed of what he's done to her. "But my friend Mino Hong said he could take care of you, give you what I couldn't. I couldnt just let that opportunity slide. The opportunity of you growing up well taken care of, getting your needs instead of suffering with me."

"Fine," she says. "Lets say that's all in the past, but how come you never came back for me? I assume you graduated and lived a comfortable life. Then why didnt you look for me? You wouldnt even see me, if I didnt look for you first, right? You really hated me." She purses her lips as she stops it from shaking. Her dad never wanted her, he gave her away for his own comfort.

"I did," he says. "After I graduated and got a license, I looked for you. And I saw you, I followed you to your school when you were still in preschool but you looked so happy with your family. I had the urge to take you back, I visited you everyday at for the whole year bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter