Chapter 35

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark flinches from the sudden light entering his eyes. He moves his fingers slowly while opening his eyes. 

"Mark? Are you awake now?" Mama Tuan holds his hand. Mark blinks twice before nodding slowly. "Thank goodness." Mama Tuan smiles, Mark looks at her. He feels bad.

"Mom, Im sorry." He says, as he squeezes her hand. She looked tired, she looked sad. Mark couldnt help but feel at fault. He's making it hard for everyone.

"No, dont be. Im thankful you woke up. It's never your fault Mark." She caresses his face but she couldnt control her tears. She looks down tryng to hide it from her son, but Mark could still see it. "Im sorry..' she whispers. "we made you like this, it's our fault."

"No, no mom." Mark's eyes widen and he shakes his head. "No, mom." He says and tries to sit up, even if his body still hurts from the operation. He hugs his mom tightly. "No, mom it's never your fault. Im always thankful." He cries in silent as he hugs her.

 

 

 

"Heart disease.." Haru covered , slowly letting go of the bottle she's holding. "How?" Her hands are trembling. She blinked, to see if she read it right. She shut her eyes tight and pushed down her laptop close. She shook her head. "No.. no.." How can something like this happen to Mark? How come she didnt notice? Her tears were falling fast, she opened her eyes and scenes started playing back in her mind.

 

"I knew it he's admitted."

"Im not allowed to eat anything sweet."

"Im sorry Haru, we need to visit him."

"Yes, I am sick."

"Afraid of death? But were all destined to die one day."

"Some may leave you earlier than you want them to. While some may die later than people expect."

"Mark hyung and I can't run."

"Dont worry, I can't promise not to leave you, but Ill stay with you while I can."

 

 

"How can I not notice it?" She bawled her sobs out. Was this the reason he pushed her away? Why? Why didnt he tell her? "No.." She shakes her head. "I wont let him slip away this time." She wiped away her tears, she stands up grabbing the bottle of medicine. "I need to go to him, I wont leave him this time." She rushed out of her room.

 

 

"He had a surgery?" Aly gasped. "How is he?" She asks her dad on the phone.

"Dont worry, he's restng now. We've transfer him to his own room. He'll wake up anytime now." Dr. Lim says on the other line. "I need to go now, Aly. Im needed in the Emergency." He hangs up.

Aly wiped her eyes, tears are falling. She loves Mark, she cant deny that. "No, no." She grabs her bag. "I need him, I dont want to let him go." 

 

 

Mark stands up, its really late now. His parents are fast asleep in his room. He didnt want to wake them up, he can see how tired they are looking after him. He grabs his IV stand, he feels thirsty. He endured the pain and walked slowly out of his room, he wants to drink some cold water. He went out of his room along with some bills in his hand. He looks for the nearest vending machine. He walks slowly, even if his surgery wound hurts.

Haru runs, she needs to find him. She looks around, only few people are walking around the hospital. There were no nurse at the information desk, probably busy in the ER. She bit her lower lip, no, she cant wait for the nurse to come. She'll look for him on her own. She runs around the hospital, passing patients aand visitors. She needs to find him.

Mark insert some bills to the vending machine. He bents down slowly and feel all the pain, he stops and winces, its painful.

Haru stops in her track she can see him, he's holding his chest, his back facing her. She takes a deep breath. He's awake. He's okay.

Mark tries again, he bends down and grabs the water bottle. She walks closer to him. He stands up and yelps a little from the pain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter