Chapter 28

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why did you call me in so early?" Aly looks around his dad's clinic. He invited her to go to his clinic today.

"So I can spend time with you before my patients start coming in." He smiled from his seat. "I want to catch up with you."

"Whatever," She rolls her eyes, shuts . Catch with her? When he didnt event want her in his life in the first place.

Dr. Lim's lips forms a straight line. This is gonna be tough, but he'll try harder, the heck just agreeing to come here means he might have a chance to be close to her again. "So what have you've been up to lately?"

"Nothing," she says passive. "Just shopping and looking around, nothing interesting." She wanted to have a dull conversation with him, so he'll sent her home already.

""How about your friends? How are they?" He inquires, not giving up on their conversation.

"Oh they're okay. They definitely dont know you and wont probably be interested in you." She places her elbow on his desk and places her head on top of his hand. Looking all bored.

Dr. Lim smiiles, "Im glad theyre okay." 

"Say," she starts. "Do you have a lot of patients everyday?" She inquires, "I mean you said you've hit rock bottom, I just want to now if you ever got up."

"I do." he nods. "There are some patients that I handled for a long time now." 

"Long time?" she raises an eyebrow. 

"Yes. The longest would be Mark, he was introduced to me first when he was still baby when I was an intern and then I became his phycisian when he turned five, I practically watched him grow."

She smirks, "Lucky him, you watched him grow up, he watched you grow old. While you left me in others care."

He sighs, he cant blame her. It's his fault anyway. "Yes, Ive seen him grow, I think he's about your age. And Ive always wanted to watch you grow up, I said Im sorry, didnt I?" His voice impatient on how she keeps bringing up their issues. Clearly he has quite a temper but Aly's temper was worse. "Besides hes seen me for years because he's a special case, he needed to be checked up and tested regularly. He had some occasional attacks and gets confined once or twice every month while growing up. Im sure you wouldnt want to be in the same case as him? " He sighs. "He has a heart muscle disease and inborn small coronary arteries, which makes it hard for his heart to beat normally, making it hard to pump blood throughout his brain, lungs, his whole body. He even faints. Im sure you wouldnt want to be like him?"

"Yeah yeah," she says nonchantly. And they become silent, he looks at his papers, checking up on his patients' information sheets before they come in and Aly just watches him.

"Dr. Lim?" his nurse knocks and opens the door. "Mark's here. Can I let him enter?" 

Dr. Lim looks at Aly, she smiles. "I guess I can finally leave." She grabs her bag and stands up.

He shakes his head slowly, clearly she didnt like being with him. He looks back to the nurse. "Sure let him in now, Aly my daughter will leave now."

The nurse eyes widen for a moment and looks at Aly and then back to Dr. Lim. Aly raises a brow, and looks at her with fierce eyes. "Got a problem?"

The nurse shakes her head quickly. "No, no." She smiles and calls someone in. "Mark, you can enter now."

Aly brushes her hair with her hand turns away from her dad, to the door, when someone enters, her eyes widen in shock. "Mark?" She couldnt believe what she's seeing. Mark Tuan standing in front of her, she blinks and frowns. He stops at the door, eyes wide clearly shock to see her too.

Dr. Lim looks at them weirdly, "You're friends?"

Mark looks at him. "No." He answers quickly and Aly glares at him, but he didnt care. "Just schoolmates."

"That's great then." He smiles, "Im happy your schoolmates with my daughter. At least now I can have someone check up on you, wether youre taking care of yourself or not."

"Your daughter?" Mark asks, this is unbelievable. He never imagined this day, his hands start getting sweaty.

"Yes, I am." She smiles at him, getting the picture of the situation slowly.

"Come in,' Dr. Lim says and Mark starts moving forward, nervousl,y while Aly looks at him with a wicked smile. 

"I guess I'll leave now." She says and walks out of the clinic.

"Whats wrong?" Dr. Lim says as Mark sits down, spacing off, like the world crashed on him.

Mark stays still, not answering. He never imagined for Aly to be his doctor's daughter. He never imagined her to find out his secret, no, this is not good. , what will I do now? 

"She knows Im sick?" He asks his doctor, and he looks back at Mark confused. "I guess? She saw you come here."

"No," he says, panic in his eyes, no one aside from his friends and teachers were supposed to know, he wanted to graduate with the other students treating him normally, not treating him like a fragile glass, not treating him as someone weak. He doesnt want to look weak in front of others. Haru? What about Haru? He cant let her know, he doesnt want her to know more than anyone else. "It was supposed to be a secret.." he whispers inaudble to his doctor.

Dr. Lim became worried, "Did I do anything wrong? Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?" 

"No," he says. "You didnt do anything wrong, it's just that everything is messed up with me." He says as he thinks of all the possibilities, what if she tells everyone? What if she tells Haru? 

"Huh?" Dr. Lim, confused of his words.

Mark bites both of his lips and sighs, giving up on the situation. "Nothing, lets just get this check up over with, let's get that ECG you wanted."

 

 

"So how's your check up, Mark?" He turns to his left and sees Aly leaning on the wall, he had just went out of the hospital and Aly is wating for him outside.

"None of your business," he says and ignores her. He starts walking away.

"So you're sick?" He stops in his tracks. "I knew something is wrong with you but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter