Chapter 56

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yes, yes." Rei nods and looks at her bestfriend whos sitting at the edge of her bed, swaying her feet up and down. "Dont worry, yes." Rei ends the call. She walks towards Haru and the girl looks up at her. "It's him. I told him, you dont want to see him and told him you were okay." She sits beside her. "He sounded bad, like he just cried." She squints her eyes at her. "And based at how red your eyes are, I know you cried before going here." She grabs her hand. "Tell me, what happened?"

The image flashes back to Haru's mind again. She looks down unable to face Rei. "I saw him with another girl," she starts and a frown automatically forms on Rei's face. "The girl was clinging on him these past weeks and today." She lets out a muffled sob. "I saw her on top of him, half ." She cries, covering .

"That bastard!" Rei curses. Her hair prickles with anger. She lets out a tough breath, calming herself down while continuously rubbing Haru;s back.

"I couldnt take it anymore, I needed to be away from him. I wanted to breathe. I didnt know any other place, I dont want our parents to get involve." She uses  the back of her hand, rubbing her eyes and nose. "Im sorry I had to barge in this late."

"It's okay." Rei hugs her. "Ive missed you!" She pats her back as Haru continues to cry. "But you know what," she mumbles. "Do you really think he would do that?"

Haru looks up at her. "What do you mean?" She sniffs.

"I don't think Mark is the type to cheat on you." Rei holds both her shoulder. "That guy is a er for you." Haru stares at her. "Dont you remember? He was willing to just get out of your sight, just so he wont hurt you? And yet, he loves you too much that he couldnt do it in the end." Haru's tears slowly go down her face. "Have you tried talking about it to him?"

She shakes her head. "No, I was afraid. No, I'm afraid, what if I was right?"

"Stupid girl." Rei hugs her again. "He was all heels over you, placed his life on the line for you, endured everything for you, and rushed everything just to marry you. Because he wanted to spend all of his days with you, even if people around him didnt agree with him." She squeezes her tightly as she hear her sobs getting louder. "You were the same Haru, didnt you love him that much?"

She nods in response. "I do that's why it hurts Rei." She grabs her friends shirt tightly as she cries.

"And yet you dont trust him enough?" Rei pulls her out of the hug. "Love comes with trust."

Haru blinks her tears away. "Rei.." she mumbles.

"That's enough drama for tonight. I bet he's the same state as you. Let's get things sorted out tomorrow." Rei stands up, "Let's go to sleep."

She couldnt sleep. She was used to having someone sleep beside her, yet she cant sleep. Her eyes were red and all the tears have already dried up. Rei has been way comfortable to the point that she snores.

"Jaebum stop following me.."  Rei mumbles in her sleep and Haru smiles at her bad bestfriend whos now obsess with JB the same way the guy is obsessed with her. She sneeks out of the bed, opening the glass door to the terrace.

Opening up her phone she sees 30 missed calls, all from Mark. Her fingers shake as she opens up his voice messages.

"Haru, where are you? We need to talk... please.."

"It's not what you think.. I will never do that. I love you!"

"Please, please, tell me where are you?"

"I love you. I love you. I love you. Im sorry okay? Lets talk please.."

She listens to his voice messages. "He's crying." she whispers. She could feel her eyes getting heavy again. Clenching her shirt, she hits her chest twice as she cries again. "It's not supposed to be like this.." she sobs.

 

 

 

Mark wake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter