Chapter 12

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So Haru, are you going out with Hanbin and Ren today?” Haru’s mom placed a small cake in front og Haru. “Happy Birthday, I can’t believe youre already nineteen. It’s so fast.”

 

Haru made a face at her mom, “Mom, stop acting all teary eyed. It’s just my birthday.” She grabbed her fork and sliced through the small cake her mom baked for her. “It’s delicious!” Her eyes twinkled at the sweet taste of the cake. “No, I wont be with Ren and Hanbin today. I’m going with Mark.”

 

“Mark?” Her mom raised her brow at her. “That’s new. You normally go out with your friends.”

 

“I made a promise that if I get a high score on my math exams Ill go to the playground with him.” Haru wiped the icing off using a napkin and smiled. “Im going out now, mom. Thanks for the cake.” She grabbed her bag and kissed her mom’s cheek before going out.

 

“She’s all grown up now. If only your dad could see you,” Haru’ mom formed a small smile and cleaned up the table.

 

 


“You’re late again,” Haru looked around as soon as she locked the gate. Mark is leaning on his house’s gate. “What to expect?”

 

“Im not late.” Haru looked at her watch. “There’s still 5 minutes to 9 so Im not late.” Mark got himself up and walked towards her. Haru watched him, and couldnt help but feel impressed at how Mark can make walking simply be like a fashion show when he was only wearing some casual jeans and a sweater with a shirt underneath.

 

“Yeah whatever.” Mark stopped infront of her. She pouted and looked away, annoyed at the fact that he’s being mean again to her. Mark bit his lip, gathered all of his courage. “Stop pouting how many times do I have to tell you that --”

 

“I look ugly when I pout.” She finished of his sentence and looked at him annoyed. “Okay, okay, I’ll stop it. Such a meanie. Cant you atleast for once tell me something nice about --”

 

“Happy Birthday.” Mark whispered. Haru blinked at him. Mark looked away, and sighed heavily. He said, he finally said it. After thinking of a hundred ways last night on how to greet her and having little to no sleep at all, he finally greeted her at the simpliest way he can.

 

“What?” Haru’s eyes grew big and a smile formed on her lips. She was damn too happy, she could’nt hide it. “I didn’t catch it. Can you say it again?”

 

Mark sighed and looked at her. Her eyes were twinkling, anticipating his answer. “No way. I said it already.” He flicked her forehead and started walking towards the park.

 

“Hey that’s not fair!” Haru rubbed her forehead and started running to catch up with Mark. “I heard it, you greeted me.” She took a peek at Mark and smiled teasingly. “Ican’t believe you can actually be nice to me. How I wish it was my birthday everyday.”

 

“You said you heard it, why let me repeat it?” Mark brushed his hand through his hair. “Who says Im going to be nice to you? No way.” Haru’s smile faded and she made a face before looking up in front murmuring inaudible complaints and Mark giggled as he watch her.

 

 

 

The two of them continued walkng until they reached a park near their street. Haru smiled at the sight of children playing, she looked at Mark and saw him amazed by the whole thing.

 

“Hey Mark, are you that amazed?” Haru said as she waved her hand infront of Mark’s face that made him be back to reality. She giggled at Mark’s actions. “It’s like your first time going to a park.”

 

“It is.” Mark smiled and started walking to the bench to sit down. She frowned, he must be joking right? Everyone had been to the park when they were young. Its where kids play. But Haru didn’t know that Mark wasnt even allowed to play outside his house.

 

“Nice joke, Mark.” Haru sat beside him and watched the kids who were playing on the see-saw and glanced at Mark who was also looking around.

 

“But Im not joking.” Mark looked at her and smiled. “You’ll never understand anyway.” Haru blinked and Mark looked away. Here it is again, Mark was making her confused. No matter how hard she thinks, there will always be a part of Mark that she wont understand. She brushed that thought away and looked around.

 

“Mark, do you want to play?” She pointed to the empty see-saw and turned around at him. She saw his eyes glitter with excitement for a moment before it faded and was replaced with regret.

 

“No, I dont want to.” Lie, he knows he’s lying he never had a chance to play on those things. “And beside, youre already nineteen you cant possibly play with that.” Mark made a bored face at her.

 

“But no one is too old for the swing,” Haru grabbed Mark’s wrist and dragged him to the swing. “Come on, it’s just sitting down on a swing Im sure they wouldnt mak fun of us.” She smiled at him.


Mark stared at the swing and grabbed the metal strao of the swing. He felt a sudden rush of excitement in his veins. He looked at Haru and smiled, “Well, if you really want too. Then fine.” Mark sat down on the swing and Haru sat down on the swing beside his’.

 

Haru giggled as he saw Mark smiling widely like he just won the lottery when all they did was sit on a swing. “You like it that much huh?” Haru pushed the swing back which made it move a little.

 

“Wow, you two look so cute together,” A lady said as she passed by the wing while holding her son who looked like 2 or 3 yrs. Old. Haru pointed at herself.

 

“Me?” she bliked at the lady.

 

“Yes, you and your boyfriend.” She nodded at the direction of Mark. “I remember how my Husband and I were when we were still in our teens like you two.” She smiled and lifted her son. “We used to go out on dates at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter