Chapter 53

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Haru?" He calls out, holding her hand as they go inside the university, she quickly recovers her hand.

"Im gonna be late. Im sorry," She steps back, looking down.

He frowns, "Your class starts in half an hour?" He steps forward, taking the space she just created between them. "What's wrong with you? Youve been avoiding me since yesterday. I went home earlier, right?"

"Nothing, I just dont feel well." She says faintly as she brings her hands behind her, she cant let him see how much she's shaking. 

"Sick?" He places his hand over her cheek but she turns her head, avoiding his touch.

"Im sorry, it's not a good time, Mark." She looks up, she can see pain wash over his eyes. She turns around, "Im going."

 

 

Alice glares at Minhyuk. "Stop laughing you freak." She crumples the note again.

"What?" The boy wipes the tears that formed through his laughs. "I swear it wasnt me, I didnt even know you met up with Mark. That's karma going back to you."

"Who the hell wrote this?" She throws it in the trashcan. She shakes her head, as the memory of her scolding the waiter for giving her that note. The waiter pointed to where Aly was sitting but too bad, the girl already left when the waiter entered the cafe.

"You know Aly," Minhyuk stares at her seiously. "This is not right, the man is married. He already showed you he has no intentions with you, except this groupwork of ours, stop going in between them." 

Alice rolls her eyes, as she remembers how Mark ditched her.

 

"So? Where's Minhyuk?" Mark sits down in front of her. "Ive already given you the papers for review but he's still not here." He stares at her impassively as she pulls the lose strands of her hair behind her ear.

She taps the table with her fingers. "Come closer" She whispers but Mark wouldnt buldge. "Ill tell you where he is, if you come closer."

Mark sighs, this girl wont stop, his scalp was prickling with irritation. But he needs to know if this meet up was worth it or not, to ditch her or not, he leans in to her. He could see the corners of her lips lift up as he leans in.

"He's not coming. I did the work, so we can go out, alone, just the two of us." Mark sits back down. He looks at her with no emotions at all, that's what he's known for, looking at people with no interest, except for the people close to his heart.

Aly giggles as he sits back. "So, what do you want to do with this rare opportunity of ours?" She smiles slyly, grabbing his hand on the table.

"Dont touch me," Mark removes his hand and dusts it off with a tissue. Alice looks at him in disbelief. "You'll dirty my hands." He sits back and Alice stares at him but then smirks.

"Oh those hands will be mine." She sits back crossing her legs. "Im pretty sure youlll get bored of who again?" She taps her chin and snaps her fingers. "That girl of yours, Haru, right that's her name."

"Stop talking nonsense." Mark boredly answers. "I wouldnt spare you a second of my time if we weren't groupmates." He sits up. "With that being said, and you telling me this isn't anything school related," He stands up. "Go enjoy yourself with this opportunity of yours." He leaves her there alone. 

Alice laughs, "This is so funny," she claps her hands as she laughs. "Playing hard to get?" Her voice rings excitement as she composes herself again.

"Two americanos and pestos." The waiter comes to her. 

"I didnt order that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter