Chapter 23

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aly looked at the entrance. She inhaled sharply and breathed out. She was nervous it was never her to make it look obvious. She wore hear shades and flipped her hair. She grabbed onto her bag tightly. “Im here, there’s no backing out.” Her heels clicked as she walked to the entrance. Keeping in mind what her dad told her about her true father.

 

“Then tell me, who are my real parents?” She pushed out from the hug. 

 

Her dad patted her on the head. “You don’t need to know them, you have us.”

 

Aly inhaled sharply and wiped away the tears. “No, I want to know who they are.”

 

“Just tell her,” Her mom walked towards them. ‘It’s for her own good anyway.”

 

“Shut up!” Her dad pointed at her mom. “You stay out of this.”

 

“Me?” Her mom said in disbelief. “I’m also part of this so called ‘Family’ I have the right to say what I want!” 

 

“Just please...” Aly held her dad’s hand. “Tell me who my real parents are. Dont fight anymore.” Her tears threatening to fall again.

 

Her dad inhaled and stood up. He looked at her. “Fine, Ill tell you.”

 

“Thank goodness,” her mom said while raising her shoulders. “At least after this Aly wont ask me if I love her as a daughter like when she was little.”

 

“Dad, tell me.” Aly followed her dad, standing up while not giving a piece of her attention to whatever her mom had been saying. 

 

“You see Aly, I adopted you when you were still a baby.” Her dad walked towards his desk and touched a picture frame with Aly’s baby picture. “You were given to me when you were only three days old.”

 

Aly remained silent listening carefully to her dad.

 

“I dont really know who your real mom is.” He looked at her. “I dont know her name and I never met her.”

 

“Then, my real dad?” Aly watched as his dad looked back at her baby picture and smiled.

 

Her mom sat down on a chair and just watched her husband explaining all the stuff which she finds very boring.

 

“Your real dad,” He walked towards her. “I know him.”

Aly stayed still and waited for whatever his dad is going to say. She’s preparing herself mentally and emotionally silently.

 

“He’s actually my friend in college.” Her dad smiled and stopped in front of her.

 

“College?” She frowned.

 

“Were both from Seoul University.” Her dad suddenly became serious. “But I havent seen him since he left you to me.”

 

“Then.. Then..” Aly looked lost. “Why did he give me to you?”

 

“That is something he should be answering Aly.” Her dad placed his hand on her shoulder. “All I can say is, when I saw you in his arms while he was asking me to take you, I saw a light, a very warm light radiating from you that’s why I accepted you.” He squeezed her shoulder. “You are very important to me, Aly.”

 

“Do you know..” Aly tried to hold the tears in. “Where he is right now?”

 

"Yes.” Her dad nodded.

 

 

 

“So you’re telling me your heart beats very fast?” Dr. Lim looked at Mark and tapped his pen on the table.

 

Mark nodded. “Yes. And somehow I can’t breathe when it beats very fast.”

 

“Very fast?” Dr. Lim raised an eyebrow. “Can you describe it more?”

 

“It starts beating very fast like Im running.” Mark frowned. “It’s not painful when it’s currently happening, it’s like it wants to come out of my ribs.”

 

Dr. Lim nodded. “Continue.”

 

“It’s very weird, it’s like Im going to have a attack but I dont. It beats very fast and then when she leaves it starts beating normally but has a heavy feeling.”

 

“She?” Dr. Lim formed a small teasing smile. “So, all along you were compalining to me for half an hour. Because of a girl?” He shook his head slowly as he laughed. “I thought, your condition was worsening but this is all just becase of a girl?” He couldnt stop laughing and Mark looked at him weirdly.

 

“It concerns my heart, of course Ill panic about it.” Mark brushed his hand through his hair. “Just tell me already what’s happening to me.”

 

“Do you get breathless when there’s a close contact with that girl whoever she is your talking about?” Mark nodded. And Dr. Lim looked at him seriously. “Tsk.. Tsk.. Tsk..” he said as he tapped on his table with his pen. Mark looked at him, wondering if he had just had a dangerous progress with his heart. “This is bad.” The doctor looked at him.

 

“Why?” Mark’s eyes widen. “Dont tell me, it’s getting worse.”

 

“Looks like...” Dr. Lim trailed off and Mark watched him carefully. The old one smirked at him, Mark was confused how could he be happy when his patient is getting worse? 

 

“Come on just tell me.” Mark is getting impatient, just tell him what he needs to know.

 

The old man bursted out laughing. Mark looked at him like he was crazy. He patted Mark on his shoulder. “You’ve grown up!” 

 

Mark looked at him incredulously. “Huh?”

 

“Oh come on, you’re in love!” The doctor laughed more and Mark suddenly had a stoic expression. 

 

In love? Did he just hear that correctly?

 

“Are you kidding me?” Mark inhaled. “With that girl, youre saying Im in love?” He shook his head slowly not believing what he’s hearing from a heart doctor.

 

“Oh come on!” Dr. Lim calmed himself. “Im a heart specialist, this might not be involved in feelings but Im also human and on top of that a man.” He winked at Mark. “So who’s that unlucky girl?”

 

“Whatever.” Mark made a grumpy face. “Are you sure? I have more to tell it might be symptoms of something else not that crazy love thing.”

 

“Go on tell me.” Dr. Lim motioned him to talk as he listened carefully to him.

 

“Sometimes my breathing would hitch top notch.” Mark became serious. Also I could feel a very unfamiliar pain, its not pain thats physically hurting me, it’s a different one.”

 

“Its ainful yet its not physically hurting you?” Dr. Lim placed his elbows on top of his table and clasped two hands infront f him.

 

“It’s different from when I get attacks, its not that painful but it stays until I sleep, I feel irritated and my heart feels heavy.” Mark brushed his hair again with a sigh. “Im feeling a lot of things lately.”

 

“When do you feel this pain?” Dr. Lim’s lips depeened on one side. 

 

Mark frowned. He’s not sure if he wants to answer this himself. It’s like he’s ad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter