Chapter 29

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay," Haru closed the gate to her house, she's holding onto the gates as she speaks with Hanbin on her phone. "Fine, fine, Ill go now." She wrinkles her nose at his whining for not visiting him for a week. She hears the gates opening from her side, she knows it's Mark going out of his house. She smiles excited.

"Mark--" Her smile immediately dropped. She frowns, "Aly?"

Aly smiles at her and flips her hair. She's wearing some black long sleeves paired with white jeans and she waves at her teasingly. "Haru," she says and smiles very sweetly making Haru more confused.

"What are you doing there?" Haru asks and Aly purses her lips, making a sound and grins at her again. "I was waiting for my boyfriend." She looks back, "There he is." Mark walks out from his house. Looking a bit irritated. Haru follows Aly's gestures and sees Mark walking towards Aly from his house.

"Mark?" She says with a frown. "You're kidding me." Haru breathes out, she cant believe this. No, Mark can't be Aly's boyfriend. She knows him, she knows he doesnt like Aly even one bit.

"It's true." She beams at Haru. She likes whats happening. "Right Mark?" Mark stops at her side, not daring to look at Haru. He can't look at her, he can't face her. This is harder than he thought. He agreed to dating Aly and doing what she wants so she wouldnt tell Haru about his case. But this feels like a heart attack for him, it felt suicidal telling Haru he's dating Aly. He tries his best to make his usual face, an emotionless one before facing Haru.

He takes one deep breath and faces Haru. "Yes," he says and he regretted it the moment he looked into Haru's eyes, he can see pain in them. Haru stiffened, she didnt know how to react. 

"But.." she says, her mind is a mess. She thought they can be closer this time, she even had thoughts of confessing to him in one of these days after she deals with Hanbin. She thought they had a chance. What about the kiss? the hugs? the comforts and promises? Were they all meaningless? Was he really just having fun teasing her.

Aly looks at Haru, she likes the breaking down image of Haru, she smiles at this sight in front of her. She tugs onto Mark's elbow. "Let's go Mark, were going to be late for our appointment." She says but Mark wont budge, he wont move from his place. She looks at her and frowns, he was staring at Haru and for a split second, she saw sadness in his face. No, you cant be like this to her you are mine.

"I said let's go Mark." She says again, with more emphasis and tugs him again, Mark moves this time they walk together.

"No.." Haru whispers as they walk towards her, her eyes locked with Mark. "Dont do this.." she whispers, her eyes warning her of the tears forming. If you pass by me with her then it's true. And Mark broke off their stare, he looked down as he walks hand in hand with Aly passing her. That moment his other hand brushed Haru's hand as he walked pass her, he felt it the electricity, the sparks but it was sad and painful this time, not like those times their bodies touched, those moments they hugged. This was painful, but he needs to do it.

 

Haru felt weak, her knees were like jelly. Is this really happening?

 

"You didnt need to be that harsh." Mark looks at Aly who's sitting on a patient's bed while Mark is being is waiting for Dr. Lim.

"What?" she says and plays with the ends of her hair, circling it on her fingers. "At least she knows youre mine already."

Mark sighs, he just cant deal with Aly. She insisted to pick him up from his house, he knows she just wanted Haru to see her with him and her plans succeeded. It definitely did. 

"And besides, you should be thanking me. I already did the hard part for you, I already made her go away from you." She looks at him, head tilted on one side. "Isnt that your plan? To leave her, to make her forget about you? Im alr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter