Chapter 3

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Haru, I'm sorry. I can't help you clean the gym okay? I need to go home early, my mom wants me to help her cook," Ren held Haru's hand and looked at her with puppy eyes.

"Oh, aright" Haru gave in and besides she doesn't want Ren to suffer because of her. It was her fault so she has to do it alone.

"I'll see you tomorrow okay? Bye!" Ren started walking backwards while waving at her then started running away from her.

Haru sighed, she has to clean the gym by herself now. She started walking towards the gym. She opened the door and was amazed.

"Wow! I can't believe how messy students can be after PE class." She looked at all the scattered balls, used water bottles and messy mats around the gym. She knew she wouldn't be getting home any time soon.

 

"Mark, the kids want to play soccer again." Junior told Mark as they walk out of class. The younger ones Youngjae, Bam Bam and Yugyeom really liked playing soccer to the point that sometimes Mark just feels jealous of them. But he didn't mind, he wants them to enjoy the simple things he cant enjoy himself.

"Okay, you guys go ahead. I think the three of them are already at the field waiting. I'll get the ball from the gym." It was his role. Since he can't play soccer, he wanted to atleast find a way where he can be a contribution to their happiness. And he found that getting the ball for them was the only contribution he could give them. 

"The door is open?" Mark entered the gym, the door was wide open that he just needed to walk in.

"This is so tiring," Haru picked up another ball. Mark just watched her from the entrance. "I swear this is my unluckiest day yet." Haru blew her bangs away from her face. Haru looked under the bench, the one's basketplayers sit on when they rest.

"Oh great, just great!" Haru stomped her feet on the ground. There are used water bottles under it, and her still hurts and looks like she has a lot more of bending down to do just to pick up of those bottles. 

Mark just watched her and can't help but smile. He doesn't know why but watching Haru get mad was so funny to him. 

"This is the last," Haru stood up and winced at the pain she felt, because of the sudden pain some bottles escaped her hands. "Life just gets harder," Haru exhaled and started walking to pick up some bottles but since she wasn't looking clearly she didn't notice she stepped on one of the bottles.

"Oh my--" Haru closed her eyes tightly, she slipped and she was preparing for another hit on her . She was prepared to see a doctor after this.

"Gosh." Haru opened her eyes and saw a face near her. Shocked of the voice and of the shoulder that catched her. "You're so clumsy," Mark told her as he watched her looking at him shocked.

"Mark?" Haru hurriedly helped herself up, she felt all the blood rushing to her face and her heart beating so fast.

I must have been very scared of another hit. Haru touched her chest, it's like her heart wants to come out. She inhaled deeply calming herself down.

"Why are you here?" She asked him. And wondered why Mark after all that happened had the same expressionless look.

"I just came to get a ball until I saw a clumsy stupid girl getting punished and slipping on her own." Mark said bored and started walking to the container of balls. Haru closed her eyes, no matter how thankful she is to him today for returning her ID and catching her, Mark really had a way with his words to make her pissed off.

"I have a name you know!" She turned back at him and saw him picking between the soccer balls in the container. 

"I know." Mark picked up a ball and look at her "Haru Yang," and started walking out of the gym. He didn't want to stay there any longer his friends were waiting for him.

"Argh.. Mark Tuan!" Haru started jumping around in frustration when Mark left. He was so arrogant but then she stopped jumping and thought to hersef, "He knows me? He knows my name?" She doesnt know why but all the frustrations were suddenly gone, she suddenly felt a sudden rush of happiness in her veins. Mark called her by her name, her full name. The dream boy of all the girls in school knows her.

But may be he just read my name from the ID he returned to me? She actually knew that was the main reason but she cant stop smiling at the fact he knows her name. Haru finished all the cleaning and left the gym.

 

"Hyung? What took you so long?" Youngjae grabbed the ball from Mark's hands. 

"Yeah, now we only have a few minutes left." Bam Bam started running to the center of the field and went to Yugyeom who was already there.

"Im sorry something just came up at the gym. Let's just say I helped someone." Mark smiled at Youngjae.

"Someone? Who?" Youngjae was confused.

"You dont need to know her just go play," And with that go signal Youngjae started running to the maknaes in the group.

"Remember! 15 minutes!! We need to go home early!!" JB screamed to the three youngsters.

"Man, I dont want another 1 hour lecture from my mom," Junior said as he covered his ears as if he could hear his mom repeating all the things she said when he went home late.

"Me too. Hey Mark what about you? What did your mom say to --" Jackson stopped midway when he saw Mark smiling like a fool on his own. He frowned at him, is there anything funny?

"Hey Mark, why are you smiling?" He went closer to him and Mark didn't seem to hear his question. "Hey!" He shook Mark's shoulder and Mark looked at him shocked.

"Huh? What?" Mark came back to his senses.

"Why are you smiling?" Jackson frowned at his weird friend. Mark was the smartest and he wouldnt smile for no reason.

"Smiling?" Mark asked confused and when he tried touching his lips he was indeed smiling. He was suddenly confused. "I dont know.' He looked at Jackson who was as confused as him.

Why am I suddenly happy? 

"May be Im just happy class is over, just think about how many quizzes we had earlier," He reasoned out. But he knew that wasnt the reason. Jackson seemed to believe it and just sat beside him as they watched the others play.

"Hey Mark how are you feeling lately? Does it hurt more often?" Jackson whispered and Mark's mood suddenly changed. He hated talks like this but he knew Jackson was just concerned.

"I'm okay, I feel Im getting better. No attacks since the past three months so that's pretty great right?" Mark looked at the way Yugyeom run fast to catch Bam Bam.

"That's good then. Just don't stress yourself out okay?" Jackso smiled at his friend, he knew Mark was getting older and there time with him was getting shorter. He was happy to hear Mark is getting better. Atleast he can rest assured Mark would still be there for a pretty long of period of time. 

 

After the three maknaes played they all went home. Mark did all of his usual routine and laid down in bed. He closed his eyes waiting to go to sleep.

"I have a name you know!" Mark opened his eyes again. He looked around but he was alone. "I heard a voice must be my imagination" He closed his eyes again.

"I have a name you know!" Mark opened his eyes, the voice was familiar and he knew who it belonged too. "Why do I keep hearing your voice?" Mark sat up on bed. Haru's voice keeps on playing in his head and it wont stop, "I have a name you know!" Mark exhaled, "I know! It's Haru Yang!" Mark said as he covered his face with a pillow tryng to remove her voice from his head. And there it was, when he finally answered the voice was suddenly gone an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter