Chapter 24

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mark pushed the door open and went inside, Haru followed him as takes a seat.

"So this is your definition of fun?" Haru looked around pursed her lips. "A libraby, so so fun." She said sarcastically and she saw him smile faintly.

"This is the most fun place to me next to my room." Mark simply looked around the seemingly almost empty library.

"All you do here is read, this is not one bit fun." Haru pouted and plcaed one elbow on the desk and held her chin on top of her hand. "This is what I get for agreeing to go with the top student in school." her head slightly bent and she looked at him.

He laughed quietly. "Hey, Im not the top student if I wont read." He stands up and glanced at the book shelves. "Come on Im sure youll enjoy reading one of the books here."

Haru sighed heavily as Mark walk towards one the shelves. "What else can I do?" She rolled her eyes before following him. "Science?" Haru looked at him weirdly. He simply nodded while breafing to the pages of a science book he's holding. "No way." She shook her head. "I will not read educational books, were on break." She walked past him and saw a shelf filled with novels and fiction books. "I guess this will do." She looked through the titles of the book one by one.

Mark peered at her, he enjoys watching her form a small frown as she browse through the books. She hates it, he knows it but he's enjoying her reactions.

"I cant belive this," Haru sat next to him on the table. "I thought youre going to tell me 'Im just joking lets leave.' but here you are actually reading that boring science book."

"Well. This fascinates me. Besides, let me remind you this boring boy youre talking to has a lot of girls chasing him." Mark winked at her and she felt a slight rush of blood to her cheeks.

Haru turned to face her front. She hates it, how simple actions like winking can make her feel fluttered. She cant let it show to him, she feels embarased. She opened her book not really paying attention to it, she just decided to grab a random book from the shelf.

"Hmm.. Hmm.." She looked at him, he was humming as he nodded slowly. She bit down her smile. He was fully focused on what he's reading. His side profile fully visible to her, his hair slightly messed not the usual clean brushed hair he has during school. He chewed his lower lip as he nodded more. Haru peered on him silently and bit her lower lip as she watch him chew on his lip. It was breath taking for her, so inviting and she remembers what happened in the orphanage. That small space between them, the gravity he has, he was pulling her then. She blinked, she's feeling it again.

"No." She shook her head at her thoughts. 

"Huh?" Mark looked at her while still biting his lip. He frowned. "What are you saying?"

"Nothing." She waved her hand at him. "Just continue reading." She motioned to his book and Mark went back to reading, She pouted her lips to the right as she opened the book not even bothering to know the title. She reads the first paragraph.

Mark silently looked at her through his side vision, she was expressionless, totally blank as she reads.

Haru felt cold air as she continued reading. It was a book about a little girl who was left by her father, it was like she was reading her own story. She continued reading it curiosity hitting her. In the story the little girl was left in church and the priest and nuns agreed to adopt her. One day, she decided to play alone in the playground when a group of adolescent boys decided to pick on her. Haru blinked, she stiffened at the scene she's reading. The little girl was being harassed, she was also harassed back then by a group of boys, she felt goosebumps.

 

"You're alone right?" He smiled and went closer to touch her. Haru stepped back. "Let's play."

"No," Haru shook her head furiously. "I want to go home."

"But you're alone well go home with you." Another boy went closer and placed some strands of her hair behind her ear she shivered.

"I can go home alone!" She shouted back.

 

Haru continued reading, her mind was telling her to stop, it's bringing up memories she burried deep down. But curiosity is a really strong enemy. In the story the little girl was pulled to a little room near the playground and she bit the hand of the boy holding her, she got slapped.

 

"Let's go stop acting hard to get." He grabbed her by the arm. 

"No." Haru shook her arm with full power. "Let me go!" She tried escaping but he was too strong. 

"Let's go." He pulled her but she wouldnt go forward.

"I said let me go!" She kicked him right at his center.

"!" The boy let her go and fell on the floor wailing at the pain. He stands up angry, fury in his eyes and went back to her. Haru was shaking so much, she's afraid.

"Damn you!" The boy slapped her across the face.

 

Haru continued, she was already shaking a little while reading. The little girl was kicked in the stomach, she got dragged to a small stock room of tools. She cried and her body is starting to feel numb. They kicked her again, she cried for help but got slapped when she did. She was slowly being stripped, she cried, she looked around and saw a small knife near her. She grabbed it, and stabbed the one on top of her. The other boys were shocked and they quickly ran away from the room, leaving her next to the boy who's bleeding but still alive. She ran out of the room too.

 

Another boy grabbed her. "Come with us!" He pulled her, but Haru bit his hand. He looked back at her and she received another slap. She fell on the floor. Her lips were bleeding.

"You , you better come with us." She got kicked this time, she cried in pain. They grabbed her by the arm again but she slapped their hands away. They got more angry she received more kicks. 

"Fine. If you wont come with us, let's just leave you deformed." A boy said and they alternated kicks, she cried, she couldnt count how many but it was a lot. She coughed off blood.

"You motherers!" They looked back. "Youre dead!" Ren ran towards them, "Go catch those bastards!" A group of men behind her ran towards the boys and the boys ran fast. Hanbin went to Haru.

", how can they do this to you?" He grabbed her by the shoulders sitting her up. "I cant believe this, Ill kill those retards when I see them."

Haru cried powerlessly. "Let's go home, take me home please." Ren walked towards her and she looked up at Ren. "Let's go home." The two of them nodded and helped her up.

 

"No!" Haru threw the book as memories hit her. She breathed heavily and got up form her seat. Mark looked up at her.

"What's happening to you?" His brows almost forming a straight line, he watched him as her shoulders move up and down breathing heavily. "Are you okay? He grabbed her by the arm. Haru's eyes widened at the sudden cont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter