Chapter 18

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mark?” Aly was flustered.

 

“I’m here for your homeroom teacher.” He looked around. “But I guess, it’s a show I found.”

 

“Huh? What show? There’s no show here.” Aly smiled at him. Haru frowned.

 

“He wasn’t at class this morning.” She whisphered. “How come he’s here now?”

 

“You said you were looking for our homeroom teacher right?” Aly walked over to Mark.

 

“I cant believe this..” Hanbin said as he laughed. “She’s too much.” He shook his head as he looked at Aly act all nice and cute in front of Mark. He grabbed his bag. “This is gonna make me puke if I watch this any longer.”

 

Aly grabbed Mark’s arm. “I can go to the faculty room with you, she’s there.” 

 

Haru sighed. “This is something only Aly can do.” She didn’t like it, she hated how Aly would hold Mark’s arm. But she was also too disturbed to even interfere. Who was she to interfere in the first place? She’s just a neighbor and a schoolmate of Mark nothing more.

 

“No, thank you.” Mark removed Aly’s grip and stepped back. “I know where it is and I have feet, I can walk there on my own.” 

 

Aly blinked at Mark’s actions.

 

“And dont touch me,” Mark turned around to leave the room.

 

“Woah.. Did you heard that?” A girl in class said. “Mark just told Aly to stay away from him.”

 

“He’s so cool right?” Another girl said. “Poor Aly, I guess she can’t have all the boys.”

 

“Shut up!” Aly screamed and turned to face them. “Can’t you see Im still here?” She asked sarcastically. “How stupid can you be?” She crossed er arms.

 

“Mark.” Haru said and grabbed her bag quickly. “I need to talk to him.” 

 

“Where are you going?” Ren asked as Haru placed her bag on her back.

 

“I need to talk to Mark.” She dashed out. Not wanting to hear more from Ren.

 

“Haru, Ill go with you!” Hanbin tried to follow Haru. No, I cant let them have their own time. I can’t.

 

“No way!” Ren grabbed Hanbin’s arm. “You can’t leave me alone!” 

 

Hanbin looked at her. “What’s wrong?” He looked back at the door. “You know I need to follow right?”

 

“I know!” Ren said and grabbed her bag. “Ill go with you. You dont know what Ive been through this morning, a stranger kept on following me.” She let go of Hanbin’s arm and started running. “Let’s go!”

 

“I cant believe she left first.” Hanbin ran after her and found Haru walking alone towards the school’s gate.

 

“Why are you here?” Ren asked as she catched her breath. “I thought you needed to talk to Mark?” 

 

Hanbin sighed. It was a sigh of relief. “It’s better this way.”

 

“I wanted to talk to him, but, he seems serious..” Haru walked again. “Anyway,” she smiled at them. “I need to go now, my mom’s waiting for me.” She dashed off waving goodbye while running out of the school’s gate.

 

“This day is so weird. It’s a good thing there’s no classes tomorrow.” Ren shook her head. “All of these romance thingy, getting everyone complicated.” She looked at Hanbin, “Say,” she paused. “I could really tell that Haru likes him and I could tell you dont like it.” She patted him on the shoulder “Just a piece of advice. You better work things out, before it gets too late.”

 

Hanbin just looked at her as she walks away. “I know. But it’s hard.” He turned around, walking to where ever his feet brings him.

 

 

 

 

“Happy Birthday, Dad” Haru and her mom blew the cake that was plcaed in front of her dad’s picture. 

 

“Its been 13 years..” Her mom whispered. Haru looked at her and smiled.

 

“Mom, dont cry, youll get ugly!” She hugged her tight. “Besides, Im sure he’s still out there. We just need to find him.”

 

“I hope so,” Her mom hugged her back. “But it’s been so long, what if he’s already really gone?” She let out a tear and whiped it quickly before Haru could even notice.

 

“No, I know he’s still alive. Just waiting for us to find him. He wouldn’t leave us.” Haru released her mom. She smiled at her. “Come on, let’s eat this cake for him.”

 

 

 

 


“I know you're still alive.” Haru went near the railings of her room’s balcony. “I feel it.” She smiled but it quickly faded. 

 

“But what if what Mom said is true?” She sighed. “Am I really waiting for nothing?” She looked up as tears treathen to fall.

 

“Huh?” Haru picked up the paper airplane that was thrown to her. “What’s this?” Another one came and she picked it up again. She looked at her right.

 

“Finally.” Mark said as he threw another one at her. 

 

“Mark?” Haru walked closer to the side of her balcony. Mark was leaning on the railings from his room. “Since when have youve been there?”

 

“Way before you came.” Mark said and placed his hands inside the pocket of his shorts. “You look ugly when your emotional stop it.”

 

“When I pout you say I look ugly while Hanbin says its cute. When Im sad you say I look ugly when normally people would ask why am I sad.” Haru made a face at him and threw the paper airplanes back at him. “So nice of you Mark Tuan. Looks like everything I do is ugly for you.”

 

“No.” Ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter