Chapter 38

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are we going?" Haru asks as she opens the door to see Mark standing outside her house right infront of the gates, wearing some dark jeans and a white shirt paired with a denim jacket. "I dont remember you telling me we're going out today."

Mark smiles as she walks towards him, opening the gates. "I told you, I wouldnt keep any secrets right? That Ill be honest."

"Well you better be, you had me crying from all your secrets." She whines, cringing her nose.

"Then lets go to the person who understands me the most. The person I love the most next to my parents." He winks and she squints her eyes.

"You love the most next to your parents?" She repeats and Mark bites his lower lip while smiling and nods. "Are you cheating on me already?" She raises her brow and he doesnt stop raising both his hands up together with his brows and shoulders.

"I dont know, may be Im cheating that person with you." He says with a smirk.

"Go by youself then." Haru blows her bangs away from her face, getting pissed off but Mark only laughs making her pout. "Im serious Tuan, I wont go." She crosses her arms.

"Tuan?" He raises his brows in amusement, clearly enjoying teasing her. "Stop being mad, lets go Im getting late with my appointment." He grabs her hand and walks with her.

"No." Haru tries to take her hand away but Mark holds it tight. She makes a face, "You didnt even let me change clothes."

He scans her briefly and nods. "Dont worry." He stops walking, "You look very beautiful." He smiles and places some loose strands of her hair behind her ear. "You look perfect no matter what you wear." He tilts his head to one side. Her face getting red. "Youre the most beautiful girl Ive met..." she could feel her face heating up. "...next to my mom." He winks and her smile fell. He laughs at her reaction which earned him a pinch on the shoulder from Haru.

"Whatever Mark." She rolls her eyes as they continue on their way, Mark laughing and she bites down a small smile at his playful sight.

 

 

"Seriously?" Haru asks as Mark pulls her through the hospital's door. He nods waving his hand at the nurse at the information desk.

"Mark" the nurse smiles and Haru eyes her. She looks at the paper she's holding and looks back at them. "You can go inside. He's waiting for you."

"He?" Haru frowns. "Didnt you say we're meeting the person you love?" 

"Yes." He pushes the door open and Dr. Lim's eyes lifts up from his table.

"Mark." He motions them to sit down on the chairs across his desk. Haru smiles, sitting down as she looks around his clinic.

"He's the person Im talking about," Mark says making Haru look at him, he motions to Dr. Lim. "The person I love," he winks. "The person who understands me the most."

Haru pinches his sides first before greeting Dr. Lim. "Nice to meet you, Im Haru Yang." Dr. Lim laughs.

"So you love me?" He asks Mark and he nods. "Well, you should. Ive been saving you since you were little." He jokes and looks at Haru. "Haru? I think Ive met you before."

"Yes." She answers. "We've met when Mark was rushed here and had an emergency surgery. I was with him, called the ambulance and we went straight here." She recalls how Dr. Lim used the defibrillator in front of her, she feels uncomfortable at the memory.

"Oh now I remember." He nods. "Yes, you were crying a lot." He claps his hands together on his desk. He smirks. "I guess all the crying wa worth it? Seeing you are the first girl Mark brought here. Im pretty sure you are'nt just friends. You two are dating if Im not mistaken."

Haru blushes and Mark giggles, he nods. Dr. Lim smiles at them. "This the happiest Ive seen Mark going here." Mark looks at Dr. Lim tilting his head at his statement. "Im glad you look alive." 

"Well I am?" Mark says as matter of fact. 

"No," Dr. Lim shakes his head. "You always looked dead from the outside even if you are alive in the inside." He looks at Haru. "I guess this young lady made you feel alive." The he suddenly remembers something. "Is she the girl you talked about before?"

"What?" Mark frowns and Haru listens intently.

"The one who makes your heart beat fast?" He taps his desk with his index. "And the one who makes you jealous?" His brow wriggling as he laughs.

Mark becomes flustered he looks at his side and sees Haru smiling at him, like she won the lottery. "What? No.. no." He stutters but Haru's face comes closer.

"So you liked me way before?" Her eyes getting smaller, giving out a interrogating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter