Chapter 62

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haru sits down, stressed, running her hands throuh her messy hair. Her eyes are red, puffy and stinging. She doesnt even know where to start. She's all confused, she doesnt know what she's crying about? Is it because her dad is finally getting the surgery tonight? Is it because her husband just signed and agreed to give the heart to her dad? Is it because she know's Mark just agreed to sacrifice himself for her dad? Or is it because she received a loud slap from Mark's mom when Dr. Lim processed the papers for the surgery.

"Hey," Mark sits beside her. "It's not your fault. It's going to be okay." His hand runs down from her neck to her back.

"I dont know anymore. It's just.." She sniffs, "This situation is dreadful. How can this happen to us?"

"Shh.." He rubs her back again. He knows this wont be easy. He just gave up, what, could have given her a lifetime with her.

"Mark," She suddenly turns to face him. "This isnt right." She grabs both his hands. "Tell Dr. Lim we're cancelling out. That heart was supposed to be yours from the start." She cries awfully, "I cant live without you, we still have time, your mom is right, I cant take your life away from you."

"So you're okay with not seeing your dad ever again? Not even talk to him again?" She looks down, more tears streaming down her face. Mark breathes out, running his hand and wiping his face. He just knows how much Haru wanted to talk to her dad again, who wouldnt? The girl didnt see her dad for more than 10 years. "You spent years searching for him. Besides, Im the one swho is healthy right now, he's the one in danger not me."

"I hate this." Haru's cry breaks the silence in the waiting area, her loud cries, makes the nurses look at her apologetically.

"Dont worry, it'll be okay" Mark hugs her, trying to calm her down. "We will survive this okay?" He brushes her hair, as Haru's sobs become muffled. "It'll be okay." He hopes too. 

 

 

It's been 7 hours and Haru, Mark and Haru's mom had been outside the operating room, waiting for news about the surgery. Mark's mom went home, crying, she just couldnt believe what her son just did. Mark's dad is abroad for a business meeting and he was sure the guy is also on fire when he opened his message on facebook and voice message as well. His dad was crying just like his mom and the only words Mark could tell him was, "Dad, Im sorry." 

"Mark.." Haru rubs her thumb on his hand. "You should sleep, getting you stressed will be bad. Please, at least this one, listen to me," She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter