Chapter 22

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up you pig," Haru's mom removed the blanket that was covering her. Haru opened one eye and closed it again.

"Mom it's cold give me back my blanket." She grabbed the blanket and covered herself again.

"I said get up," Her mom removed the blanket again and threw it on the floor. "You've been sleeping in for too long." 

"But its winter break," she mumbled and turned to her side. "Im supposed to sleep in."

"Wake up," her mom tapped her back. "You better get up, were going somewhere."

"I don't want to," Haru looked at her mom. "I want to sleep more."

"Sleep?" Her mom pointed on the clock on her desk. "Its already 1PM and you still want to sleep more?"

"Yes." Haru hugged her pillow more. 

"Tsk tsk." Her mom shook her head and grimaced. "If you wont get up Ill throw water all over you and Im not joking."

"Fine." Haru sat up. "Where are we going?" 

"To the kids." 

"Kids?" She frowned. 

"Yes so get up and fix yourself already." Her mom went to the door. "Get down as you finished getting dressed." She closed the door. 

 

 

"Were here," her mom opened the gates and a nun welcomed them.

"Good day Mrs. Yang," the nun greeted her. "This must be your daughter, Haru?"

Haru smiled and bowed, "Yes, Im Haru."

"The kids are inside," the nun gestured them towards the door.

Haru looked at the wooden sign hanged on a tree. "Sweet Life Orphanage." She nodded as she walked inside the orphanage. 

"The kids are cleaning up their rooms." The nun pointed upstairs. "They'll be down after an hour or two."

"So what can I do to help?" Haru looked around the brightly colored walls and photos of the kids hanged on the walls.

"You can go to the kitchen and help the handsome young man there make sandwiches for them." The nun smiled at her pointed to a door. "He's in there."

"Handsome?" Haru's face lightened up. "Mom did you hear that? Okay Im going to help!"

The nun laughed and her mom pinched her side. "We are here to help!" She squeezed Haru's side and Haru winced. Her mom released her and laughed. "Go there already."

Haru went towards the door and gently opened it. "Where is the handsome young man?" She whispered while opening the door. She saw a guy in an apron, his back facing her, she frowned he seemed too familiar. "Don't tell me..."

"You're here?" Mark turned around when he noticed someone watching him.

Haru went inside and walked towards him. "The nun said there's a handsome young man in the kitchen but I don't see one."

Mark grabbed a plate, "Of course theres none. Im very handsome not just handsome. She must be talking about the gardener. You can check him out if you want."

"Psh..." Haru pouted.

"Don't pout you look ugly." Mark tapped her lips with his hand.

"Fine." She grabbed another apron. "Let me help you."

"Be sure your here to help not to mess up." He grabbed some bread. "Its just sandwiched you know how to do it, right?"

Haru grabbed the bread from him. "Of course! As long as it doesn't involve numbers I can do it well." She opened the plastic of bread. "By the way why did you come here?"

"My family comes here yearly," Mark opened the jar of peanut butter. "Why are you here?"

"My mom tagged me along with her. I just agreed since there's nothing to do at home." She placed the bread one by one on the plates. "I guess it's okay since I also happened to see a very handsome man." 

Mark laughed. "I guess my mom might have asked your mom to help too, they've been going to church together a lot lately. The nun who runs this place is also from the church near our place."

"But really I got excited when the nun said there's a handsome young man." Haru looked at him. "But got depressed when I saw its you."

"You're one to say that. The nun told me a very beautiful and smart girl would help me out," he grabbed a knife and started putting peanut butter on the bread on the plate. "But the exact opposite came."

Haru made a face at him. "Whatever."

Haru covered the bread with peanut butter with another bread and grabbed another knife to cut it in triangles. She looked at Mark and laughed. "By the way Mark, nice apron." 

Mark looked at his apron and frowned.

"Nice hello kitty apron." Haru laughed more. "I never knew you liked Hello Kitty."

Mark smirked and placed the knife down he placed some of his hair behind his ear and smiled at her. "Of course, where on the same boat." He said while winking.
Both of them laughed. 

"Why?" Mark grabbed the knife again, "Im even cuter than you."

Haru eyed him. "No way, Im cuter!"

Mark grabbed the plate of sandwiches and walked over to Haru he held the plate on one hand. He walked closer to Haru.

"What are you doing?" Haru frowned as he walked closer and closer, she walked backwards but felt the table behind her back but Mark didn't stop he walked more and more until their bodies touched. 

"Mark what are you doing?" Haru suddenly held her breath when Mark enclosed her between his two arms. He bent down and looked at her face to face. Her eyes were locked with him and she could feel the blood rush to her cheeks.

Mark smiled. "Just placing the sandwiches on the table." He stepped back from her and laughed. "Your face is red again. What were you thinking?" He raised his eyebrow teasingly at her.

"Psh..." Haru blew her bangs in frustration at him. She grabbed the peanut butter and scooped some with her finger. She walked over to Mark and smiled. "Is it fun?"

Mark stopped laughing and calmed himself. "Of course its always fun when it's Haru."

"But I also want to have fun," She walked slowly to him and looked at him seriously. She bit her lower lip. Mark caught that and stared at it. The boy felt electricity when she chewed her lower lip a bit. 

"What do you mean?" Mark didn't move but watched her come closer to him.

She smiled, she's turning the tables around and she knows she can do it. She walked more until they are very close. Mark looked at her biting her lower lip. He gulped, he felt thirsty and he didn't understand why.

Haru released her lip and slowly brought her hand up Mark's face. Mark blinked the moment she touched his cheek. Haru smiled and moved back. "There now you look cuter than me." She giggled and showed him her hand which was covered with peanut butter.

"What the.." Mark touched his cheek which is now covered with peanut butter. She laughed as Mark's face changed from being shocked to being disgusted.

"Serves you right." Haru stuck her tongue out at him. 

Mark smirked. "Fine then." He grabbed the bottle of peanut butter and scooped some with his fingers and looked at her. "Lets both have fun."

He jogged towards her and spread the peanut butter on her face too. "There you look pretty." Mark laughed. Haru made a face at him and touched his face with her hand covered with peanut but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter