Chapter 20

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No!” Mrs. Hong shouted. “I can’t believe she did that.” She threw the photos on the table.

 

Mr. Hong picked it up, “But the guy was okay.” He looked at the photos one by one.

 

“Be thankful he is!” Mrs. Hong looked at her husband. “But getting reported?” She placed her hands on her waist. “If she’s going to do something this stupid she should have made sure no one else was watching!”

 

“Stop shouting.” Mr. Hong placed the pictures back on the table. 

 

“Stop?!” She said sarcastically. “Dont you know how embarassing it was? Our family name now has a record at the police!” She held her fore head and shook her head slowly.

 

The photos showed Aly with the six other men in black. They were reported this morning by Jinhwan. Turns out he was there when they were about to leave Hanbin after beating him up. He took photos of them and rushed Hanbin to the hospital after Aly left with her men.

 

“Im sure she learned her lesson already.” Mr. Hong sat down on his chair. “After you slapped her in the police station, Im sure she learned already.”

 

Aly couldnt take it, she was walking towards the kitchen when she heard her parents fighting. She was sure it’s about her. That’s the only reason they fight. It’s always been her. She never understood how her mom gets easily angry at her, even at the slightest mistakes and today she received a slap from her mom. 

 

“She deserved it!” Her mom shouted as she walked near their room. She opened the door slightly and watched her parents.

 

“But you didn’t have to slap her in front of many!” Her dad said standing up from his chair. “You’re her mom, you should have handled it better than hurting her.” He inhaled sharply, “She wouldnt be like this if you taught her correctly. If you cared for her more.”

 

“So now its my fault?” Mrs. Hong pointed at herself with her eyes popping.

 

“No..” Aly whispered. It was never her mom’s fault. And she hated how they always fight because of her.

 

“How can it be mine? You should be thankful I even tooke care of her when you brought  her in,” Mrs. Hong squinted her eyes at him. “She’s not even my own daughter.”

 

“Dont say that!” Her husband shouted back at her.

 

“Huh?” Aly frowned, she can’t understand what her mom is saying.

 

“Why?” Her mom placed both her hands on her waist. “It’s true!”

 

“No, she’s your daughter. Stop shouting she might hear us.” Mr. Hong walked closer to her wife and lifted up his index finger.

 

“But it’s true.” She pushed him away from her. “You suddenly show up one day at home holding a baby and telling me she’s our daughter!” She pointed at him, “I never agreed but you insisted! So dont you blame to me what happened to Aly, because I never wanted her to be here in the first place!”

 

“Shut up!” Her husband shouted back.

 

“Is it true?” Aly pushed the door open. 

 

“Aly?” Her dad asked in shock. “Since when did you get here?”

 

“No. Answer me,” She stepped inside the room. “Is it true Im not your daughter?”

 

“Finally,” Her mom said. “It’s true Aly.”

 

“Stop talking!” Her dad placed his hand over her mom’s mouth.

 

“No Aly, listen to me.” He said and looked at her. “Ill explain this.”

 

“So that’s why..” Aly had a blank expression. “That’s why I never felt that mom loved me. I never felt I was part of this family.” She looked at her parents. “Because I never was..” 

 

“Let go of me.” Her mom removed his dad’s hand away. “It’s time she knows the truth.” She walked closer to her. “Yes Aly, you are adopted.”

 

“Is that why you never loved me?” She asked her mom.

 

“You’re wrong Aly,” Her mom brushed some strands of hair from Aly’s face. “I love you but not the same way a mom would love her daughter. Let’s say I just cared for you rather than saying I loved you as a mom.”

 

Memories flashed before Aly’s eyes. How her mom would punish her if she had low grades but never praise her for getting high grades. How her mom would hold her forehead when she’s sick but then ask for the maids to take care of her. Those times where her mom would go watch her perform in school but never really told her words like ‘You did great, you were amazing’ and lastly how her mom never told her ‘I love you’ everytime Aly told her how much she loves her when Aly was still a kid. It had always been her dad saying those words to her and encouraging her in her activities as a kid.

 

Aly could feel the warm pool in her eyes. She looked at her mom. “Then who are my parents?”

 

Her mom looked at her dad. “Ask your dad, I never knew who your parents are.”

 

Aly walked to her dad as tears begin to fall one by one. “So it’s really true Im adopted?” She asked him.

 

Her dad sighed deeply and slowly nodded. “Yes, it’s true.”

 

“No this can’t be happening...” She whiped her tears that were now falling one after another.

 

Her dad hugged her. “But Aly, I love you as my own daughter.”

 

Aly cried more. She hugged her dad back. She inhaled sharply and tried stopping the sobs she was releasing. “Then tell me, who are my real parents?” She pushed out from the hug.

 

 

 

 

“So I know youve been waiting for this announcement all day long.” Haru’s teacher placed her books on her desk. “Im gonna say it now.”

 

“Finally.” Ren’s eyes sparkled.

 

“Be quiet.” Hanbin whispered and started playing imaginary drums on his desk. “Dududuudududu” He cheered while hitting the desk with his fingers.

 

“You are now officially on winter break!” The teacher said and the class cheered.

 

“Wooh!” Hanbin said as he hit the air with his fist. “Finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter