Chapter 33

Love's Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haru sighed. She's on her way to the orphanage today. It's her last day of visiting them during her break. Her mom is busy with work and she'll probably end up being busy since school is just a few sleeps away. She has Mark's bag on her lap.

"This bag is so light." She says and twists her lips on one side. "Does it even have anything inside?" She wonders. She knows it's bad to look what's inside a person's bag so she just squeezed it. She can feel a bottle inside it, a pretty small one. What could it be she wonders.

She goes down fromt the bus and enters the orphanage. She looks around first before knocking. 

"Oh, you're here." The nun smiles as she let's Haru inside. "What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to say goodbye to the kids. My next visit might be after school ends." She smiles.

"That's great. Ill just tell them you visited them." The nun nods.

"Huh?" Haru frowns. "They are not here?"

"Yes dear, they went out. The pastors from church gave them a small fieldtrip today. Im afraid you wont see them, they'll be back later, tonight." The nun explains and Haru just nods.

"That's bad I cant wait for them my friend has a competition tonight." Haru says in dismay. "Just make sure to tell them I came." She smiles at the nun.

"I will, dear." And she pauses a bit. "I like your smile, it really brightens one's day. No wonder Mark likes being with you." She comments and Haru stills.

No, he doesnt like being with me.

"That bag?" The nun gestures towards the bag she's holding. "It's Mark's right?"

Haru shows the bag and laughs a little. "It is. He left it yesterday. I tried returning it yesterday but when I came to his house no one was home. I couldnt reach his phone too."

"Then that must mean they're in the hospital." The nun says, seriously. "I hope it's not serious."

"Hospital? What do you mean?" Haru's frown gets deeper. She couldnt understand. "Why would they be at the hospital?"

The nun looks at her, wondering at her reaction. "Of course because of Mark. The only time Mrs. Tuan is not at home is when Mark's in the hospital."

Haru became more confused, why would Mark be in the hospital. "Did he get into an accident?" She asks, panic starting to grow.

"I dont think so, cause if he did her mom would call us." The nun says, unsure.

"Then why would he be in the hospital?" Haru's mind is becoming a mess. If he didnt get into an accident then why would he be in the hospial? With his whole family?

"Because of his sick"The nun simply says. "I though you new about it, since all of Mark's friends knows about it." 

Haru stills, digesting what she just heard. "I thought you knew about it, since Mark only talks to people he's close with." The nun adds.

"No, no. I didnt know about it." Haru smiles a bit. "Ah, right, I just remembered he did mention about him being sick the other day." Yes Haru remembered when Mark told her, he'd have frequent colds when she asked him why he was absent in school. She nodded. He must have a cold again, she thought.

"Say," The nun looks around and gets something from one of their drawers. "Min Seo actually drew something in secret. I found this in his drawer, he must have wanted to give this to Mark as a surprise but he didnt had the chance too. Can you give this for him?" She hands out a drawing.

Haru's eyes start to water again, Min Seo, he's such a sweet child. And her heart aches just by staring at it. She nods and leaves the orphanage. She looks at it again and reads what written in the drawing. It was a drawing of her and Mark with Min Seo in between. "Let Haru noona take care of you Mark hyung!" 

Great, just great, she's crying and she doesnt understand why. Is it because she's reminded of Min Seo? Or is it because she's reminded that Mark never liked her?

 

 

 

"Aly." Mark calls out, as soon as he wakes up. Aly sits straight up.

"Are you okay?" She says in panic. Mark looks at her and nods. She's still wearing the same clothes as yesterday and base from her face she looked very tired. 

"Mom, can you go out? I want to talk to Aly." Mama Tuan frowns but Mark nods at her. She goes out.

"What?" Aly says and holds his hand but Mark pulls his hand away.

"What did you felt when I fainted?" he asked her.

"I felt so scared," Aly answers honestly. "I didnt know what to do."

"I felt pain." Mark answers and she looks at him. "Aly it was painful." he says.

"The attack?" She asks. "I knew it I should have ran back to the cafe." She says in anger.

"No," Mark shakes his head. "Everything was painful for me and for everyone." Aly stops and stares at him.

"What do you mean?" She asks, and puts some strands of her messy hair behind her ear.

"I realized.." Mark looks away. "This is painful. Im only hurting you, hurting everyone around me." He looks at her. "And Im also hurting myself more." Aly breathes in heavily, she has a feeling this wont go well. "Aly I dont hate you, and I dont want to hurt you but cant you see? You're just in pain because of me. I cant ever return your feelings for me."

Aly bites her lips, trying to stop them from trembling. "But this is what I want, I can take the pain." She says.

"But I cant," Mark answers and looks at her.

Her eyes start to get out of focus. "It only hurts me more when I am hurting another person." Mark sighs and looks up at the ceiling. "And it kills me, how I need to accept the fact that I cant be happy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter