Chapter 64

Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol lets out a deep breath as he stares at the stage with people filling the arena. Every single person out there, chanting their names, his name. The nerves are building up like usual before a performance, but he shakes them off before he feels a hand on his shoulder. Looking over, Suho shares a smile with him and gives him a squeeze. "Ready to do this?" He asks and the brunette nods his head as he turns his head back to the stage as the staff starts to set it up. "You've been working hard for this. Own it."

With those words in mind, he in a deep breath, determination filling his eyes before nodding his head and then turning around to greet s, all grinning at him as he returns the gesture. They were all tired, but buzzing at the same time, adrenaline coursing through their veins as they huddle together. It wasn't a new thing, but it was another opportunity, another blessing that they refuse to waste. So, as soon as the music begins, they cheer before breaking into formation as the lights dim and the screams grow louder. All their names were being called by fans, performing as though it were their last stage.

​​​​By the end of it, Suho brought the mic to his lips, sending Chanyeol a wink as the rest of the boys gave him thumbs ups when they exited the stage. "Now make some noise for Park Chanyeol and Park _____!" The screaming intensified as a new figure came running on stage and Chanyeol opened his arms for her as she came crashing into him and wrapping him in a tight hug. "What's up, Inkigayo?" The younger sibling greeted when she pulled back, though keeping an arm around her brother's waist while he kept one on her shoulders. "I don't think they know the real reason we're both here, ____." Chanyeol spoke into the mic and said girl pretended to be surprised before facing the crowd. "Ah, jinja? Why are oppa and I on here together?"

"Well, what you all knew was that ____ had no family members." Chanyeol began as he squeezed his sister's arm when the crowd grew a bit more quiet for them to speak. "But the thing is, one person actually survived and went to Korea to look for her." ____ brought the mic to her lips as she grinned widely. "I didn't know my own brother was so nearby."

"Now that I am here, you better watch out because this big brother isn't going anywhere!"

At Chanyeol's exclamation, the shouting came back and ____ turned to gesture to the band. "Let's get this party started!" As the music picks up, the two then pull away before beginning their performance together with Chanyeol starting the song.

Give me a second I

I need to get my story straight

My friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the Empire State

My lover she's waiting for me just across the bar

My seat's been taken by some sunglasses asking about a scar, and

____ brings the mic to her lips while shaking her head. 

I know I gave it to you months ago

I know you're trying to forget

But between the drinks and subtle things

The holes in my apologies, you know

I'm trying hard to take it back

So if by the time the bar closes

And you feel like falling down, I'll carry you home

As the chorus rolls in, they both sing while reaching out to fans though they could barely get close due to the barriers and security keeping them at bay.

Tonight, we are young

So let's set the world on fire

We can burn brighter than the sun

The energy keeps rolling with the fans screaming at the pair through different songs and dances. At one point, they both started to dance EXO's Call Me Baby where the rest of the boy's decided to act as back up dancers. For their last duet together, Chanyeol keeps a hand on ____'s shoulder as she takes a guitar.

She was 19 with a baby on the way

On the East-side of the city, she was working every day

Cleaning dishes in the evening, she could barely stay awake

She was clinging to the feeling that her luck was gonna change

____ looked up with a small smile as she sang the first verse and Chanyeol holds the mic for her as she sings the chorus.

The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad

If we got each other, and that's all we have

I will be your mother, and I'll hold your hand

You should know I'll be there for you

Singing the second verse and chorus together, ____ let go of the guitar to take her mic back before she's taking Chanyeol's hand and they're both fighting back tears before the older Park sings the last verse while gazing at his little sister with a fond smile. 

I'm 23, and my folks are getting old

I know they don't have forever and I'm scared to be alone

So I'm thankful for my sister, even though sometimes we fight

When high school wasn't easy, she's the reason I survived

I know she'd never leave me and I hate to see her cry

So I wrote this verse to tell her that I'm always by her side

He sang every word with so much emotions and ____'s faltered as tears slipped down her cheeks. He smiles despite his own tears before pulling her tight against himself and wrapping an arm around her while she clung to his shirt.

The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad

If we got each other, and that's all we have

I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand

You should know I'll be there for you

As the song came to an end, Chanyeol wrapped both arms around her this time and kissed the top of her head while she buried her face to his neck, hiding it as she cried and he let out a small smile while giving her a squeeze and the fans cooed and screamed at the duo before Chanyeol had to pull away and wiped her tears from her face.

"You have a performance to give." He reminds her and she nods her head while catching her breath. "Make them proud." He gives her a kiss to her forehead before turning to the crowd. "You better look after her, arraseo?" After stating so, he sent her a wink before running off stage and ____ smiled brightly to the people that filled up the stadium, a completely different aura compared to her past performance when she came back from America.

Backstage, the girls all watched with proud smiles on their faces. They clasped each others hands as Sooyoung looked to Tiffany. "You're really ready to crash that?" She questioned and the woman let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter