Chapter 46

Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"How cruel can you get, old man?" The brunette sneered through the phone before hearing the male laughing on the other end.

 

"My dear, I haven't done anything. All I did was ask you to cooperate with the schedule."

 

"Bull. I know you're plans and I'm sick and tired of you pestering me into being part of them." Skylar growled while gritting her teeth. "Get this over with, or else you're going to look for someone else in that video. I have things to deal with, back home."

 

"Is this not your home? I'm doing you a favor, my dear Skylar. I thought you would have missed your unnies after two years of parting with them."

 

The man continued to taunt the soloist as she gripped her phone tighter. "You know that I don't give two s about them, or anyone in your so called entertainment." Skylar snapped with a venomous tone as she reached the lobby where her manager was waiting and reporters were already outside the entrance, waiting for the American's arrival.

 

"You may continue believing that.... But we both know what's true and what is not, am I correct? So, one wrong move, and you know what will happen."

 

And the line went dead, leaving Skylar frustrated and slightly furious. She put her shades on while her manager lead her outside and she was then escorted to her van whilst the paparazzi tried to get a hold of her. Simply, Skylar brushed them off and shut the door after barking a quick "get lost".

 

"You seem to be in a bad mood. What's causing it?" Skylar's manager spoke up while driving away from the hotel. "I'm never in a good mood. Especially with paparazzi around, you'll never find me in a good mood." She replied angrily. "You're in a good mood when you're with Christina, though." Hearing the name did make the young artist smile, forgetting about her sour mood just earlier.

 

"See?" The man teased, earning a slight nudge. "Shut up. And why wouldn't I be happy with her?" Just in time, Skylar's phone rang and her face lit up at the caller. "Speaking of..."

 

"Hey, cutie. Why are you still up? It's late there." A giggle met her question and her smile grew wider. "Well, I just wanted to know how my little soldier is doing."

 

"Is that so? Or you just miss me?" Skylar could just imagine the girl rolling her with that silly grin to accompany it. "You're so full of yourself. You better not be flirting with anyone there."

 

Skylar pretends to gasp, placing a hand to her chest. "How do you know? Did you hire someone to follow me?" She pretended to be nervous. "Very funny Park. But I'm serious." The girl's voice changed to a slightly softer one. "I know. And don't worry. You're the only one I have my eyes on, so don't worry about me flirting with anyone."

 

They were quiet for a while before Skylar spoke up. "I love you." Without needing to see, Skylar could hear the smile through the other's voice. "I love you, too, weirdo. Be sure you come here, alright? Or else, you're gonna get it." Skylar laughed lightly and leaned against the window. "I promise to be there. But I'm not telling you when. I want to surprise you."

 

Skylar continued to speak with her girlfriend for a bit more, even when they arrived at SMEnt she continued to speak with the other female, ignoring the cameras and other reporters on the way in. "Yeah. I'll bring you something really special. But you have to sleep now, alright?"

 

"Alright. But keep your promise, okay? Goodnight. I love you."

 

Skylar smiled softly while nodding. "I will. Sweet dreams and I love you, too." She replied before they hung up and Skylar looked to her manager, setting up her poker face while the man chuckled. "Whipped?" Skylar rolled her eyes while shaking her head in response. "Why on earth would you think that?"

 

"You aren't fooling me, kiddo. I've known you for two years already and I know how you are." He answered while crossing his arms and they were escorted to the meeting room.

 

But when Skylar arrived, a certain p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter