Chapter 59

Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Wait. How long until we meet them?" Sooyoung asked while sitting on the couch. "They said after a couple hours. We have to get some things cleared." Sunny informed from the floor. "But we're not complete yet." Seohyun pointed out. "Her manager told me she still had a schedule then manager Unnie told me that we'll start shooting before she comes." Tiffany said as she sat on one of the stools.

 

Taeyeon gave her a funny look before asking. "Since when were you close to her manager?" Tiffany quickly blushed and looked away. "I went with her when she had a shooting and managed to talk to him." The rest giggled at her antic, causing her blush to deepen. "Arraseo~ let's just do well!" Yoona cheered, followed by everyone else.

 

Three hours passed by and it was nearly lunch when Skylar finished. She let out a deep sigh and got out of the van before entering the building. "Ah! You're just in time!" Her manager grinned while standing next to a couple. "Skylar, these are Mr. and Mrs. Jeon. And this little kiddo here is Youngmi." The PD explained while introducing the family. Skylar awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck before bowing. "Annyeonghaseyo." The two smiled at her, which seemed to be a surprise. "We hope you take care of our little girl." Mr. Jeon smiled while the little girl hid her face to her umma's shoulder.

 

Skylar looked at the girl and her manager chuckled. "Youngmi here is 3 years old, so it might be easy for you to get her attention." Skylar nodded carwfully while the man gave her a look. "Skylar-ssi, I know that there has been a lot of rumours and news about you, but I know you're not a bad kid." He suddenly spoke. "I'm entrusting you with my daughter and also the rest of the girls." He added on while Skylar was obviously caught off guard by his statement. The man's wife gave her a warm smile and nodded before talking to her daughter.

 

"Youngie-ah, say hello to Skylar Unnie." She cooed while the little girl only peeked before covering her face again. Skylar showed a soft smile toward the little girl before she went a bit closer after asking permission from her parents. "Youngmi-ah, look at this." When the little girl looked over her umma's shoulder, Skylar opened her hand and showed her a small paper crane. Of course, the curious child grew interested and smiled before she carefully reaches out for it. But Skylar pulled back a bit before she started to pull lightly on the tail, making the crane's wings move. This caused the little girl to giggle and Skylar gently handed it to her before her umma carefully handed Youngmi to the brunette.

 

Skylar felt her heart stop a small bit before she took the child into her arms. "Alright. Let's all get going." The PD smiled before leading all of them up to the room. When they got there, they could already hear the rushed footsteps inside the room when they got on the assigned floor for them. When the door opened, they were greeted by three excited girls, namely, Yoona, Yuri and Sunny. "They're here!" They squealed while running inside. Seohyun went to check, getting just as excited and was surprised to see who was with the family and ran inside.

 

"Fany Unnie!"

 

Hearing her name being called brought the eyesmiling princess' attention to the maknae. "Nae?" Jessica peeked through the divider and giggled before they all saw the people walking in. But to all of their surprise, they didn't expect to see Skylar carrying the child to the apartment. "Annyeonghasyo." They all got to their feet and greeted the couple while they smiled. Skylar, on the other hand, went to sit down with Youngmi still in her arms and placed her on her lap while the nine women spoke with the child's parents.

 

Of course, they would often look the soloist's way as she conversed and entertained the toddler. Taeyeon grinned at the sight before nudging Tiffany to gain her attention. Taeyeon tilted her head slightly and Tiffany's eyes went to the two figures on the couch. She stared admirably at them and a warm smile crept up her lips. When they were finally left with the child, Skylar looked up and lightly ruffled the girl's hair. "Say bye to Umma and appa." She gently told her and the girl ran to hug her parents before running back to the brunette when she stood to her full height.

 

When it was finally quiet, the girls then rushed to Youngmi when she asked Skylar to carry her. "Aww, you're so cute. What's your name?" Sunny cooed as she lightly poked her arm. "How old are you?" Yuri questioned right after. When they continued to pester the little girl, Skylar shook her head and Tiffany noticed it before she told them to quiet down. "You're scaring her." Skylar suddenly spoke in a gentle tone while holding the girl to her chest. "Aww~ I didn't think you'd have a soft spot for kids." Yuri teased lightly and Skylar gently placed the little girl on the floor. "I'm not violent when it comes to kids, so don't worry." She stated calmly and looked at the girl. "Go on. Say hi."

 

The little girl looked at the nine women around her before waving slightly with her free hand while the other refused to release its hold on the tall brunette. "That's so adorable. She likes you." Jessica smiled as she kneeled to be level with the girl. "Hi Youngmi. I'm Jessica, can I ask how old you are?" She asked warmly and the girl became slightly flustered as she shyly held up three fingers.

 

"She's so cute. I'm going to die!" Yoona whined from m the back as Yuri nodded. "I wanna hold her." The black pearl pouted as Sunny shook her head. "Weren't you two like this the first time we were in this show?" She teased and Taeyeon lightly face palmed. "How many kids do we have?" She muttered, making the rest laugh as YoonYul pouted at her remark. "Okay. For now,  we'll stay here and get to know little Youngmi and let her adapt to us. Then, later on, we'll see what happens next."

 

Everyone agreed and sat in a circle at the center of the living room. They arranged by couple starting with SunYeon, SooHyo, YoonHyun, YulSic, then Skylar was placed between the two Americans. Youngmi looked at all of them and they each reached out to her minus the soloist. She simply showed a blank expression with her elbows rested on her knees. The little girl scrambled to her feet and went to the American trio's direction, making the two smile widely. But their giddiness quickly shattered when the child sat on Skylar's lap, surprising her. "I guess she's a lot more comfortable with Skylar." Hyoyeon rubbed her chin. "I thought she was going to me..." Jessica whispered to herself and Yuri chuckled, making her girlfriend pinch her arm.

 

So they began with their plan of getting to know Youngmi while the girl shyly answered, often looking to the silent woman behind her before she would snuggled up to her. Skylar's arms were around her little waist and sometimes played with her hands without looking, which made the girls giggle and squeal at the cuteness. "Alright! Now that we've settled everything," Taeyeon clapped. "Are you hungry?" Sunny asked lightly as Youngmi showed a small smile. She was holding on to Skylar's hand, so the soloist lightly played with it. "Do you wanna eat?" She asked her and Youngmi looked up at her before nodding. "What food do we have?" Yuri asked curiously.

 

"I checked earlier, but we don't have much, just a few instant noodles and some ingredients." Seohyun informed while thinking. "So we have to go grocery shopping." Yoona concluded. "Do we all go or...?" Tiffany shook her head and spoke up. "I don't think it'll be a good idea. If we all went there, it would be too obvious since there's ten of us and the camera crew." She reasoned. "That's true..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter