Chapter 44

Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~after the concert~

Irene's POV

 

I swear, my eyes would have popped out of their sockets as soon as I heard the person singing SNSD sunbae's song. And, I had to admit, my heart wouldn't stop beating in my chest when I got a good look of her face. I mean, I've seen those eyes before but.... they were different now. Those weren't the same warm and caring eyes that I always saw two years ago. These eyes.... they were cold, void of anything.... and most of all, dead. I didn't understand why, but I could feel my heart break at the sight of them.

 

It had been so long since I saw those eyes, so long since I've heard that voice. And now, I see her, back and looking thinner than I last saw her. I can't read the expression on her face either. _____..... what happened to you?

 

"Gwenchana?" I didn't even realize my friends calling me as I continued to watch her conversing with her manager and many emotions were swirling in my chest. "Irene. Talk to us, please?" It was Wendy. I could hear her, but the only thing I could see, was her.

 

"Yah! Bae Joohyun, snap out of it." I flinched at the loud voice and it looked like Seulgi had just shaken me to snap me out of my trance. Each of them had the look of worry on their faces, but the look on Wendy's face was worse. She was just like me, since she was best friends with _____. And then, I remembered, during the performance... "Jessica unnie."

 

I turned my head and tried to look for soshi unnies. I know that this has to have an effect on them. I just know it. After all those years they were together, I'm sure there's an effect to them. "They went ahead. Don't worry. We have a break, so we can see them another time." My friends reassured me and my eyes went back to her,. But all I saw was her back as she walked away.

 

 

??? POV

 

This is ing messed up. There's just no way.... She's back. She's really here. I let out a deep breath and clench my fists.

 

"I'll be sure to get you this time. I swear..."

 

"Hyung, let's get going. It's getting late and the others are already falling asleep." Our maknae called. "Arraseo. I'll follow you guys."

 

 

SNSD's POV

 

Silence. That's all that was there in the girls' van while on their way to the dorm. No one said a word after they left the stadium. They had managed to finish the concert without a problem, but the incident with Skylar managed to make them emotional, specially when she had argued with one of the staffs.

 

"I'm not wearing that. I can't have people thinking I'm like them!"

 

"Girls..." Their manager called them in a soft voice, but they didn't answer. "Look, I know that you're all surprised, heck, all of us are. As soon as she started singing Divine, everyone was at a loss for words. But don't let it get to you. You know who you are and you know what's real and what isn't." He told them. "That was the surprise..." Taeyeon spoke quietly, having an unreadable expression on her face as she said that. "Taeyeon, don't jump to conclussions."

 

"No! This is what Kim Youngmin wanted to happen. He's trying to mess with us! And I know that Skylar knows about his plans. Why else would she agree to come here when she's not even a part of SM!?" She yelled and Sunny grabbed her hand. "Taeyeon...." And their manager was silent after the outburst.

 

"Oppa...." Yuri called the man. "You know something, don't you?" All the girls' attention focused on the man who was driving. "Oppa, you've been with us ever since we debuted. We trust you and we know you don't want us hurt.." Tiffany said quietly. "Please, tell us." Jessica pleaded.

 

The man gripped the wheel tighter before he let out a sigh and stopped at a red light. "Skylar... she's still under SM, if you don't remember. Her contract is still active, up to this day, only, her contract is she stays in America unless given a reason to move. I know that you girls went to confront Kim Youngmin that day you found out about the departure, and I know he told you about talking to her. Trust me, she didn't willingly leave. She talked to me before her flight and told me to take care of you girls. She wanted to stay. She was even willing to give up her career and just be a fan instead of leaving. You don't know how much she did for all of you at that time. She begged me not to tell any of you, because she knew she would have to force herself to leave."

 

A heavy silence settled among all of them and Taeyeon took in a deep breath as her tears cascaded down her cheeks. "That's bull! We could have avoided this!" She yelled angrily. "He could have disbanded the group. Do you think that would be better?" Their manager shot back as he started to drive again. "Think about it. _____ could have stayed if she wanted. But she was forced to do it. She could have been blackmailed, threatened. Kim Youngmin is a powerful man. Ever since he stepped in as CEO, you know what happened... He won't think twice so long as he gets what he wants."

 

And they were quet for the whole trip until they were back to the dorm. "Look... I'm sorry I had to keep this from all of you. But I had to; not because it's my job, but because I care for you girls. If you want... I'll take you to Skylar tomorrow." He told them before turning around. "Get some rest. I'm sure you're all ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter