Chapter 40

Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few days passes and things have been going well, you thought. You have been shutting yourself out from the rest of the girls and would often slip away when they wouldn't notice. But that's only your thoughts. Most of the girls have noticed your silence after the day you broke up with Irene. You haven't told them about it yet, nor have you told them about what was about to happen. SM appa was still discussing things and settling your documents and contract so he said you would leave after a month or so.

 

"Maknae! Time to eat!" Seohyun came knocking on your door and patiently waited outside. She heard a silent "I'm coming" followed by shuffled footsteps before the door opened. The second maknae's eyes traveled over your body and was concerned when she took note of your avoiding eyes, but she didn't speak. Instead, she offered a hand and smile. "Let's go. Unnies are waiting for us." She told you in a soft voice before you took her hand and she gave you a gentle squeeze that made you feel like it was your heart being squeezed.

 

"Maknae, you haven't come out of your room since this morning. Come on." Sooyoung beckoned you over as your head remained down. "Are you not feeling well?" Taeyeon asked gently as she went next to you and rubbed your head. "I'm okay." You murmured and grabbed your chopsticks while Jessica frowned. "Are you sure?"

 

Being honest, Jessica always heard you crying at night. When you thought that she was already asleep or that you're the only one in the room, she was there, sometimes with Tiffany.

 

"I'm fine, unnie." You answered a bit louder before they all settled in their seats. "Here, maknae. Eat this." Yuri said as she went to put some food on your plate. "Ani. I don't want it." You spoke quickly and pulled your plate away, surprising the others. You never rejected they offers, especially like that. "Yah! _____, what's wrong with you?" Hyoyeon asked with her brows furrowed.

 

You stopped and looked at your hands before shaking your head. "Nothing..." They each glanced at each other and held curious and worried looks before Jessica gently touched your shoulder as she spoke. "Baby-" you jerk away from her and stand up. "Don't!" Their eyes widen in surprise as did yours and you took a few steps back. Jessica held a hurt expression while Yuri side hugged her. "D-Don't... Call me that.." They noticed your voice crack as you stepped away. "Maknae, what's wrong?" Yoona frowned at you. "Yeah. You've been acting off character the past few days." Sunny added.

 

Tiffany's eyes had been on you the moment you stepped into the room and observed every action, every gaze you displayed. She knew something wasn't right, but she couldn't tell.

 

You stare at them for a while before turning away. "Nothing. I'm not hungry a-and I have to go." You told them before brisk walking to your room and shutting the door, leaving all the girls staring, flabbergasted. "Maybe she's tired?" Sooyoung suggested even though they all knew that it wasn't simply that, specially after you had told Jessica not to call you by her nickname for you.

 

The two Americans shared a look before they all resumed with lunch despite the awkwardness that hung over them.

 

Once the 9 girls managed through the painfully silent and awkward meal, they all went to do their own things, some went to their schedules while the ones that were free did whatever they wanted.

 

"Jessica." Said female looked up and blinked as Tiffany poked her arm before pointing toward the door. As Jessica looked, she saw your back facing them and the door opening. "Where is she going?" Tiffany shook her head and frowned before looking around. "I don't think the others noticed." She whispered while Jessica let out a deep sigh before standing up. "Get ready to head out." Without thinking twice, both girls went off and got ready before leaving the dorm to follow you.

 

 

 

After a while of going around, JeTi pair were getting a bit impatient since they had been going around nowhere while watching you and were now arguing about approaching you or not.

 

"Let's just go and ask. That I'll make things easier." Jessica grunted and crossed her arms. "No, Jessie. She'll figure out that we've been following her and she'll get even more upset." Tiffany protested as she grabbed Jessica's arm. "It's not that big a deal." The brunette stated. "Jessie, you saw how she was earlier. You're just going to push her away if you do this." Tiffany tried to reason. "I just want this settled, Tiff. I want to know what's wrong. Why is she suddenly like this when she was fine just a couple days earlier?" Jessica said in a sad tone and her best friend's eyes softened before hugging her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter