Chapter 56

Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When the morning came, Tiffany groaned as she turned in bed before she felt a hand on her shoulder. She shifted slightly and tried to shrug the hand off, succeeding before she her side and snuggled more under the blankets. She was still sleepy, of course since she fell asleep early in the morning, but then her thoughts started running and she wondered why there was a hand on her shoulder and why did it feel like someone was laying next to her? Her eyes snapped open and she had the feeling of adrenaline coursing through her veins before she sat up and looked to the side. Once she saw it was only her best friend, she sighed in relief. "What was I thinking?" She mumbled before looking around. Suddenly, she recalled last night's events and chuckled. "Damn it. I only come to terms with my feelings and I'm suddenly getting these dreams." She whispered before looking at the nightstand, blinking confusedly as she saw a mug resting atop of it. "Wait, I didn't...." That's when her mind started to wake and she knew that last night wasn't at all a dream.

 

Her face started to burn and she quickly laid down, burying her face to her pillow as her eyes stayed wide open. 'It wasn't a dream? Did she really.... Oh, my god. She kissed me?' And with those thoughts, she couldn't help tossing and turning, unconciously waking up the person next to her. "Yah what the hell? I'm sleeping." Jessica grumbled irritably as she used her pillow to smack the woman next to her, but Tiffany reacted positively and shook the latter. "Jessi, I need to tell you something!" She gushed while squeezing her best friend's arm, making the ice princess even more pissed off. "Mwoya? What's so important that you're risking your life to ruin my sleep?" She hissed, which was completely nothing to the grinning woman.

 

"She kissed me."

 

And for once, Tiffany's energy was able to actually wake the usually tired Jessica. "What did you say?" Tiffany sat up and smiled more as she spoke slowly. "She kissed my last night." Jessica stared at her for a while before opening , but Tiffany beat her to it. "And, no, it wasn't a dream." And Jessica's mouth closed again. Her face only should a confused look before she shook her head and sat up. "Okay, I don't get it. Would you mind explaining?" Tiffany then took in a deep breath before she started to slowly narrate everything that happened from when she left the room last night up to the part where she was able to sleep after finishing the hot chocolate. "Jinja..." Jessica's showed that she wasn't at all pleased and rubbed her face. "I don't know why she's doing it, but no, I don't agree to this. Don't let her fool you. What if she just wants to hurt you?" She asked worriedly. "You know that-"

 

"_____ isn't like that. You have to remember that this woman we're with isn't _____. As much as I miss her, this isn't the same person anymore." Jessica reminded her. "You saw her on that stage. You saw how she was in the hotel room, backstage. Those are the things _____ would never do."

 

"But she's sincere with her feelings...." Jessica stared at her best friend when she spoke. "She's just hurting, Sica. It's her way of protecting herself. She told us herself. I know that you care about her, so why do you keep denying it?" Tiffany asked as she faced the girl properly. "Because she hurt you? Is that it?" Jessica looked away as Tiffany kept her eyes on her. "Tell me. Why? I know how much you love her, Sica..."

 

"Because I'm trying to deny the fact that I'm one of the main causes as to why she turned like this; why she's hurting - suffering." The ice princess finally spoke with her lower lip quivering. "I should have been the one out of Girls' Generation, not her. But she sacrificed all of it because of me." Tears started to build up in her eyes as Tiffany slowly wrapped her arms around the latter. "Jessi... You should stop thinking of that. If you keep yourself in that place, there won't be anywhere else for you to go. Is that what you want? To be stuck in that one place without trying anything that can possibly make everything for the better?"

 

The two of them talked for a bit before getting ready just as Skylar walked in the room to grab the mug. The brunette blinked when she saw the pair just sitting in bed as she walked in but chose to say nothing, though it was weird to having both of them staring at her and watching her every move. "If you're hungry, I'm heading out." She informed them before exiting the room. JeTi got out from the bed and left as well while talking between themselves, glancing at the soloist from time to time. "Where's a good place to have breakfast?" Jessica asked first. "There's a cafe nearby. A lot of people go there, so maybe it'll suit your tastes, too." The soloist informed the pair while heading to the kitchen and wash the mug that Tiffany used. "What about you? Won't you be eating?" Tiffany frowned as she stared at the taller woman's back. "I'm fine. I don't usually eat breakfast." Skylar explained just as she finished cleaning then dried her hands. "I'll just bring you both there." Hearing that caused Jessica to scrunch her nose up. "It's not right to be skipping meals, breakfast especially."

 

Skylar just answered with a shrug before heading to her room and getting changed, informing the two to get rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter