Chapter 63

Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Skylar stared blankly at the empty page of her notebook. Her comeback was approaching, yet there was still so much she couldn't express and turn into a song. Her mind was everywhere with so much that she wants to say, yet her hand can't write anything down. It was nearly three months since she was on Hello Baby with the rest of Girls' Generation and two with when she was able to mend the relationship she had with the girls. Things were somewhat rocky at the beginning of it since she was trying to do her best in showing them her sincerity, but none of the girls have told her that she needed to prove herself. They acted as though nothing had happened, picking up where they left off and it was as though she had never left in the first place.

Jessica began to pamper her like she and Yuri usually did, along with Krystal, who had once arrived whilst they were filming and acted like a child when she had found out that she was having fun with her older sister without her. Much like Jessica, Krystal acted like a big sister toward the soloist. Chanyeol had also been doing his best to be a part of her life. Even with their schedules, he would always ask her whenever he could if she wanted to hang out, and when she was free, she would accept.

​​​​"Hmm? Not done?" Looking up, the younger of the two would shake her head as the male took a seat. "What's the matter? I thought you had everything sorted out?" He asked her and Skylar huffed while crossing her arms and leaning against the couch. "I do, but when I tried writing..." She gestured to the various crumpled up pieces of paper around her and he rose a brow while picking one up. "What's so bad about it? They're good." Chanyeol tells her and the soloist sighs deeply while sinking more into the couch. "I just don't feel like it's right." She muttered with a frown before she felt her brother wrapping an arm around her. "Yah, yah! That's not a good mindset. Come on, think positive. You've done this before, so what makes now different?" He asked her and she frowned more. "I didn't care much before. All of my older music was more because I was angry." She mumbled quietly and Chanyeol pursed his lips before he shook his head. "Maybe you need something to cheer you up. I'm pretty sure you've been cooped up in this studio for hours." His guess was answered by a nod before he huffed and then grabbed her arm.

"Come on. Up, up. We're going out." Skylar whined as she tried to sink more into the couch, but her brother was not having any of it as he managed to pull her to her feet. "Aish, such a baby. I thought you were a bad girl?" He teased before Skylar stuck her tongue out at him. "Jerk." The boy would raise his brows in amusement before he pulled out his phone. "Well, if that's how you're going to be, then I'll just hang out with Wendy on my own." The pair had gotten much closer as well when they were trying to help Skylar from her addictions. It was safe to say that she was clean for a month, though the smoking and drinking still occured every now and then, but it wasn't as bad as before.

Hearing her best friend's name, the soloist immediately perked up. "Wendy's coming?" Chanyeol had to bite back a laugh when he nodded his head. "Yep. But since you're so busy~" He trailed off while Skylar frantically shook her head and began grabbing her things while her brother just laughed at her antics before the door opened. He quickly urged the person to keep quiet as they watched the soloist bustling around. "I need to buy something for that snowman. Maybe I should stop by a store later?" While she was busy muttering to herself, her best friend merely grinned while leaning casually against the doorframe. "I think the snowman would appreciate it if you stopped calling her that and start actually using her name."

Skylar spun around with her eyes wide and Chanyeol entered another fit of laughter as he held his stomach. "Oh my god, ____, the look on your face!" He cackled while the younger Park simply pouted. "Yah! It's not funny!" She stomped her feet childishly while Wendy giggled and walked up to her friend to put her in a headlock. "You're such a kid, I swear." She laughed when the soloist tried to free herself from her best friend's hold. "Yah! Let go of me!" But the Red Velvet member refused as she ruffled her hair. "Stop pretending. I know you miss me because you wouldn't try to think of something to get me." Skylar playfully rolled her eyes before she pushed the older woman off then dusted herself off. "Whatever. Let's just go." She huffed and grabbed Wendy's arm as she exited the room, leaving her brother behind as he tried to catch his breath from laughing so much.

"Yah! Wait for me!"

 

"When you said we would be going out, I expected somewhere that wasn't so loud." Skylar crinkled her nose when she looked around at all the people around them, frowning at the screaming children and the rowdy teens. "It's an arcade. It's supposed to be loud and fun." Chanyeol grinned while patting her back but she only made a face at him before Wendy began tugging on her arm. "Come on, come on. Sulk later. I want to play!" She squealed as she started to drag her friend to one of the games and Chanyeol just laughed before he started to take a picture of the pair. Though they were wearing masks and beanies, there were a few people who would do a double take at the three.

"I have to see you both play." Wendy said as she brought the siblings to the basketball game. They both looked at each other before shrugging. Since Skylar was wearing a hoodie, she had folded the sleeves and even took off her rings while Chanyeol took off his cap and shook his arms. Wendy stood to the side before she opened up the instagram app. As soon as they started to play, Wendy hit the record button and started cheering. "Let's go! Let's go, Chan!" Skylar crinkled her nose and looked back quickly before focusing on the game. "Yah! I thought you were on my side!" She huffed while her brother laughed at their antics. "You're winning, so he needs the boost more!" The Canadian retorted, causing the male to react. "Yah!"

People started to crowd around the three since they were all screaming at each other, forgetting where exactly they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter