Chapter 43

Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, so... starting from this chapter onwards, there will be some use of alcohol and a bit of drugs. So, if you are uncomfortable with it or if it triggers something, you don't have to read it. This is just my imagination going on and, being honest, how I sometimes want to do. But I didn't do anything like that. Don't worry. Also, this is a timeskip. Previous chapters happened in the year 2014. So, now, it is in 2016, in case you guys get confused.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

 

 

As you stayed longer in America, you were slowly exposed to many new things. You had mixed in with a few people. Some were good influences, some bad. And since you no longer had your unnies to help you out, the bad influences seemed to have gotten to you more since you had started to use drinking as a way of forgetting and distracting yourself. You had also started to use drugs after a year when your 'friends' intoduced them to you. Whenever you were stressed, they would always take you out to bars and clubs, until news broke out when the paparazzi found you with your group. Since then, you were given the title The Switch. Fans have started using the term when they started to notice the change in your attitude, stating that you were simply an innocent good girl when you arrived from Korea. They also used the name Korea's Shame since you have decided to publicly announce your ual orientation and had been rumoured to be dating Cara in some time. At first, the name had affected you. But as time passed, you started to care less and comtinued on with your routine, getting a bit worse when incidents and scandals about you broke out.

 

You had gotten flings and dated a few times, but nothing serious. It was until two years later were you contacted by an unknown number and you found yourself on a plane to Korea. The person that called you, was Kim Youngmin, the man whom you had grown to stay away ever since he brought you to America. You had debuted with the stage name of Skylar, which was by your choice. Sure, you had gotten famous as a solo singer, but you always felt that things weren't right.

 

 

Meanwhile, in a different country, 9 girls were practicing in their usual room, getting ready for an upcoming SMtown concert. "I'm sooooo tired." The two shikshins laid on the cold floor after they were given a short break. "This is so stressful." Jessica muttered while shaking her head as Yuri sat beside her and handed her a water bottle. "Don't worry. This is all worth it." Her girlfriend smiled while giving her a light pat on the back. "I know. But with all the performances, plus mine and TaeNy's solo albums, there's so much work. I also have a performance with Soojung." The ice princess wiped the sweat of Yuri's forehead with a towel before placing it on her lap. "We can do this, Sicababy. Don't worry. And, we're with you, every step of the way." Yuri showed a smile and lightly kissed the shorter girl's forehead, earning a smile. "Thanks Seobang."

 

"You okay, Taengoo?" Sunny asked while lightly rubbing the leader's back. "Nae, just tired." The older girl admitted, letting out a sigh as her muscles started to slowly relax. "You should take it easy, arraseo? I don't want you getting hurt again." Sunny said as she went to sit in front of the other. Taeyeon showed a small smile and lightly pinched her lover's cheeks. "Aigoo.. Don't worry about me, bunny-ah. I'm fine." Just then, their manager came in while Seohyun handed Yoona a towel and Hyoyeon helped Sooyoung sit up, before placing herself to sit between the taller woman's legs.

 

"Girls, your food is about to arrive, so just wait a bit more. Also, there is news for everyone later on during the group practice. The CEO hasn't announced anything yet, so, just wait." The man explained. "Announcement?" Seohyun tilted her head. "About the concert, most probably." Sooyoung mumbled against Hyoyeon's head. "I wonder how this year's concert will go..." Yoona hummed thoughtfully as she started to braid Seohyun's hair. Their manager then went to get their food. But as the door closed, it bursted open once more as a grinning Tiffany ran inside. "Girls! I heard some news from the staff!" She squealed excitedly and a bit loud since most of the members had covered their ears.

 

"Yah! Megaphone, keep it down. I was trying to sleep." Jessica groaned as she buried her face to Yuri's lap. "What did you hear?" Taeyeon asked curiously as she raised a brow. "Yeah. You getting hyped up must mean this is something to look forward to." Sooyoung laughed, earning a merong from the eyesmiling woman. "I was just walking back from the bathroom and I heard some of the staffs gossping about the concert. At first, I didn't give much attention to it, but then, I heard them talking about a guest star might show up in the concert. They didn't say a name, but all I know is, it's a girl and she's American. I wanted to hear more, but I accidentally got spotted by Irene and the others. I ran away because I got surprised." Tiffany said the last part with a small pout on her face.

 

"I thought you stopped that habit of eavesdropping?" Yuri asked while scrunching her nose a bit. "Yeah. The last time you did that, we got in trouble because what you heard wasn't complete." Hyoyeon crossed her arms. "Hey. It was an accident. And I didn't tell you guys to go and ask manager oppa about it." The pink monster defended. "Still, you promised, no more eavesdropping, unnie." Seohyun reminded the older woman. "I know, but this wasn't on purpose! I was just passing by and happened to hear them." Tiffany puffed her cheeks.

 

Sunny shook her head at the other and chuckled slightly before she noticed her girlfriend's silence. When she turned her attention to Taeyeon, she blinked a bit when she saw the look on her face. "Taeyeon, what's wrong?" Placing a gentle hand on her arm, Sunny leaned closer to get a better look at Taeyeon. "Huh? Oh... it's nothing. I was just thinking about some.. things.." Sunny stared at her before she held her hand and entwined their fingers together. "Taengoo, I know it isn't just nothing. I can see it on the look of your face." The bunny stated softly while the kid faced leader just sighed. "I don't know, Bunny-ah... when Tiffany said about the staffs gossiping, I just... I don't understand..." Sunny gave her hand a squeeze as Taeyeon furrowed her brows with a small frown. "What's on your mind?" Taeyeon let out a deep breath and lowered her head.

 

"_____..."

 

The name makes Sunny frown and tighten her hold on Taeyeon's hand. "Why _____? It's been two years, Taeyeon. And we haven't heard of her for how long already." Taeyeon stared at their joined hands. "I know that, but.... I never accepted that she's gone and no longer a part of us. We're family... And, I can't accept that, after all we've been through together, I can't just forget." Taeyeon mumbled softly then looked over to the other girls. "And I know that all of you have accepted the fact that she's gone, I can't shake the feeling away. Kim Youngmin... he manipulated and blackmailed us just so he could get money. He used us, forced me to date Baekhyun, then he continued with Tiffany and Nickhun dating, even though they aren't together anymore, threatened to disband our group when he told us about the lies he told the public."

 

"Shh. Taeyeon, it's okay. We're through with that. Those days are over." Sunny took the leader in her arms and hugged her tightly, kissing the top of her head as she did. "Right now, just rest and focus. We'll get through this. I've talked to my parents and they said they didn't mind if you stayed over or vice versa for our break." Taeyeon nodded and closed her eyes, allowing herself to relax in her lover's arms and let her worries wash away.

 

"Food!" Yoona and Sooyoung exclaimed at the same time when their manager came in with their snacks. He had distributed them to each girls, along with bottles of water. Seohyun giggled as she saw Yoona's eyes twinkle at the sight of food before she opened the container and faced her girlfriend. "Ah~" Seohyun giggled at the other before starting to feet her, taking a few bites of her own. "Do you want some?" Sooyoung asked while picking up a few pieces of her food before giving it to the dancing machine. "Thank you~"

 

Yuri leaned back with a relaxed smile on her face, her fingers continuing to gently run through her princess' hair as Tiffany sat in front of them. "Aren't the two of you going to eat?" She asked after swallowing the food in . "Maybe later, Fany. You know that Sica prefers to sleep more than to eat, right?" Yuri gave a small chuckle as she looked down at the sleeping woman. "So... how are things with you and your practice?" Yuri asked whilst tilting her head.

 

"It's going great, though, I have to stay up a few times. But I want to make this performance to be perfect." Tiffany answered while beaming an eyesmile. "That's good. Sica has been doing the same, but you're lucky you and Taeng have more energy than her." The two laughed at the statemet before Jessica stirred lightly. "Oops." Tiffany giggled as they shushed and watched the other fall back to sleep.

 

"Oh. About that guest star you heard about, do you think it's true?" Yuri asked curiously. "I think so. I mean, they seemed really excite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter